Flying Mounts and Chetari Illusions but not Big Bags?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aneuren, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

The Fippy Darkpaw server is rapidly approaching the release of the Secrets of Faydwer expansion. I know that these are progression servers and that we aren't entitled to many things that have been released for players on live servers. Having said that, Sony has already decided to release a number of game-breaking items for player consumption on the TLP servers - particularly, as described above, flying mounts (with stats) and the chetari illusion (with stats).

I can only assume that there is a financial motive to this - players are going to obviously spend large amounts of money to buy things that make their lives easier playing this game. I'm not even going to try to shade my argument here. Sony is missing out on a ton of money that they might make by selling big bags on this server. The financial incentive is huge and there's nothing about big bags that is any more or less TLP-era killing than the other items that are already available through the station store. There is really no downside to releasing them.
  2. Badname2234 New Member

I think they should sell the big bags and other items as stated above. I also think you're playing fast and loose with the phrase "game-breaking." However, they should just open the store already and the LoN loot.

Despite what I've been reading about in the TLP forums area today about how healthy fippy is and how many raiding guilds there are the population is declining daily most easily seen by the number of traders in the bazaar. The day before Thanksgiving all saw 30 that's a massive decline from a few months prior.

Just unlock everything and brace yourself for crys to be merged in with a live server, SoE. This server had a expiration date the moment the top guild had no real competition. It's a shame.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I intentionally used the phrase game-breaking in anticipation of the arguments of the vocal minority of players that usually post on threads, such as this one, claiming that these items are too powerful to be released on our server. The real point is that compared against the mounts or the illusions, big bags are far, far less powerful and have far less of an impact on actual game play.
  4. Badname2234 New Member

Vocal minority is right. It's a shame I read so much propaganda and the truth is in the minority.

I agree, bags are a convenience item and the effects aren't really felt until you can click items from the bags as if they were open inventory slots. That being said, since it's not game breaking or OP, sony might not want to dedicate extra resources going in and making sure they're unlocked. It's not hindering play nor helping. If you're not invested in playing there and just an observer you can see it's rendered moot.

Is it a good stance to take as a service provider? Probably not.

I feel a machen post incoming. He's the TLP GM isn't he? (kidding guys, take a deep breath, I heart you both)
  5. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I do agree that all marketplace items should be unlocked on the TLP servers, however the items that have sneaked in can hardly be called game braking.. 18ac illusion.. 300hp/mana mount with lev.. Also you have to consider why these items made it in, in the first place. It was an oversight, by whoever added the items to the store, they forgot to correctly flag the items. So for them to unlock everything in the marketplace someone has to go threw every single item in the marketplace and reflag the items so we have access just like with LoN.

To all of us on the TLP's this seams completely reasonable, however it may not be the case for the number crunchers at SoE.. They might just rather make us wait so no one has to do anything at all, and whenever we catch up to the item flags we'll gain access.
  6. Machen New Member

I really don't care whether they put big bags in. I am a bit surprised they haven't, though. Seems the several hundred bags they would sell instantly would more than justify the dev time, and it's not anything anyone would be upset about at this point in the server's life.
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I have already said that I used the term game-breaking more in response to anticipated trolling (I wholly expected people to reply to my post claiming that big bags would be game-breaking). Having said that, I'll remind you that access to a click levitate item for any class, even now, is in-a-way game-breaking considering the camps that you would have to endure to have access to similar items (Pegasus Cloak, CT Shield [not even all/all], etc) and that those items do not give you a stat increase. 18ac that stacks with everything is better than any raid or group drop available because, at the end of the day, it still stacks with everything that you can otherwise get in game. More storage space is...more storage space. It adds nothing except convenience.

It's irrelevant to my central point that they may have been added in by oversight. They are now here. My point is that, in light of the fact that they are here, it makes no sense to intentionally deny access to other items that are far less game-breaking. It makes even less sense when you consider that Sony is deliberately depriving itself of a significant source of money in doing so. I know I would purchase a minimum of 7 bags for my main immediately. I would even consider purchasing 7 bags for my most commonly-played alts. Some people might even purchase bags for their bank spaces. I know a great many people that would purchase a full set of bags (bank and inventory) for their mains.

I'd love to see at least some CS recognition of this post. Piestro, is this something that the devs would even consider? I really cannot fathom why these things are being withheld at this point. It is hard for me to imagine a world where the number crunching would actually work out in favor of "doing nothing and waiting." As time goes on, people will stop playing. It makes sense to have those customers as a cash base now, because some of them are potential bag buyers. More people might start playing but you can never sell to somebody that has stopped playing.