Flying Carpet...no sitting?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Tegila Augur

we sit on all our other mounths and usually people riding flying carpets are sitting why can't we? :) makes toons way way taller havign to stand up on them and looks kinda silly with their feet embedded in teh fibers hehe
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

yea I wouldn't think it'd be hard to make people sit on the carpets, I defiantly think it would look better then it currently dose..
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

Same goes for skeletons (necromancer in lich form) and whirligig flying devices, they look like they're looting something which looks horribly awkward. AWKWARD.

AWKWARD!
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Without question, this is the most important thing that is wrong in the game today. I am glad the OP brought this to the forefront so that our EQ developers can quickly and immediately react to this travesty. All dev resources should now be allocated to getting this fixed as soon as possible!
    Mintalie likes this.
  5. Moklianne Augur

Its up to the devs to prioritize work as they see fit.

Its up to us to voice our opinions on a game we all spend immense amounts of time playing. The OP is not asking for this to be done by a specific date and certainly not asking that it take priority over major flaws/feature implementation in the game. Come on now....
    Tensor, Sinestra and Tegila like this.
  6. Cakvala Augur

We do have a sit animation, but I don't think it may look right for all classes. But it is a great suggestion!
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

That's your complaint?

How about getting on your 'flying' carpet, and cruzing off a cliff, and falling to your death because the 'flying' carpet don't actually include a lev buff, so dosn't actually fly.

That's what needs to be fixed for it.
    Uxtalzon likes this.
  8. Tegila Augur

taht i never notice kaen bc i always have permalev on all my toons. and no cicelee there was no urgency or deadline listed just something I have heard and thought myself. never said it was of ultra importance. just like all the posts asking to increase the sizes of guild halls like was done for houses, it's not a gamebreaker but it is somethign players would like to see and have the right to express.
  9. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I believe they were being sarcastic...
  10. Oculus Elder

I managed to snag one of these for my enchanter.

I figured since all illusions can stand that maybe, just maybe, I could be a scarecrow on that thing.....nope.

Shattered dreams
  11. Jonny Panic Augur

Hyperbole helps nothing but your post count.

This isn't a game-breaker, but they've spent years trying to make the game more customizable. However, with few exceptions, they've cranked out a LOT of mounts and character illusions with few actual options, such as sit animations or the ability for npc illusions to use mounts.

I do think that, at the very least, player races should appear to sit on the carpet. I also think that SOE should spend some time making more illusions capable of using various mount types.
  12. Potawatomi Augur

I prefer to look down on everyone atop my blue frilly carpet of doom.
    Moklianne and Straahdx like this.
  13. A-Quad Augur

meanwhile, it's not a carpet. it's clearly an area rug. immersion be damned either way /smirk
    Sinestra likes this.
  14. gcubed Augur

First off, it really isn't a carpet, it is a surfboard with the illusion of a carpet. Sitting on it will only prove you are a squid. :p (Actually, I have wondered about the standing on the carpet ever since I first saw it in use.)

As for illusions using mounts. All the player race illusions can because they have the proper animations needed for all mounts. Some non-player illusions would be ok for some mounts but not others and there would be a quite few which would look... er... ah... odd on any mount.

As an example of what I am talking about: Goblins do not use archery. Because of this, SOE did not build an archery animation into the goblin model. (Why spend the time creating an animation that nobody will ever see?) Goblins do throw, but they do not shoot arrows. Later a goblin illusion is introduced. When a player uses an illusion, they essentially lose all their racial animations and gain the animations of the model of the illusion. As a result, anyone using archery under a goblin illusion will hold the bow in their left hand and throw arrows with their right hand.

Most non-player race illusions are missing animations/postures. Most can stand. Many can sit. Almost (that is ALMOST) none have a mounted/riding animation/postures.

SOE could retrofit all models (starting with the ones that have illusions, of course) with appropriate animations for being mounted. This would require the allocation and expenditure of resources, though (and more than likely, increase memory footprint). They could just allow all illusions to use mounts, but we would be having a similar conversation for almost every single one of them. (Why am I embedded in my horse with my feet sticking out of its belly and my head sticking out of its back every time I use my scarecrow illusion?) SOE could let some illusions use some mounts (where the available animations wouldn't have a similar problem with the scarecrow IN horseback), but there would be questions on why illusion X can't use mount Y and why illusion Z can't use mounts at all.

It all boils down to time, money and what would be acceptable by both SOE and the player community when it comes to illusions and mounts.
  15. Potawatomi Augur

You take that back!
  16. Sebbina Augur

I checked on the one my mage got, and the label said made in Arabia at the Aladdin factory.
    Uxtalzon likes this.
  17. Jonny Panic Augur

Oh, I agree that not every illusion should be able to use every mount. A Dragon, a gelatinous cube or a Drachnid with a Whirligig backpack would be outright silly. So would a Drachnid, a Spectre or a Bat trying to use a standard mount (like a horse).

Still, it'd be nice to more humanoid illusions (my vote: Goblin, Shiliskin, Amygdalan, Scrykin, Orc/Cursed Orc, various fae like Bixie, Fairy and Brownie, various Pirates, Iksar skeleton, armored skeletons like Fallen Knight, Froglok, Gelidran/Pyrilen, Gnolls, Kobolds, animated armors, Nihils and humanoid Discordians like Mastruqs, Kerrans, scarecrows, Sarnaks, gnomework models, Sirens, maybe a few oddball models like Gargoyles, Sporali, Chetari, Gingerbread Man and/or Nekhon) able to use horse-style mounts, and a few others able to use backpacks. And it seems to me like plenty of them would be capable of doing what they do standing on a floating shag rug as easily as standing on the ground! ^^

The models exist, they just need some animations. I figure, if they can load the "memory footprint" with so many goblin illusions (aqua, frost, solusek, dagnor, rallosian, kunark, basic gobby, "goblin of the valley" whatever that is, goblin king, etcetera), they can at least make the time to teach them to sit on a horse/hand/topiary/dinosaur/etc and maybe how to use a backpack full of helium!
  18. Mykaylla Augur

The important thing is:

Raptor illusion needs to be able to use the jetpack.
  19. Uxtalzon Augur

WHIRLIGIG RAPTOR SWOOPING IN TO THE RESCUE

And the raptor should be stuck in the "crouch" animation while flying.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  20. Phrett Augur

My Chimera poops all over your area rugs... hope you've got summon Febreeze loaded