Floating Shields

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Explicit, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Explicit Augur

I'd post a picture but I'm fairly certain everyone who reads the topic knows what I'm referring to.

Basically, most of the recent shield graphics place the shield about 5 inches away from character's wrist so it's literally just floating in space next to the character.

This is just completely lazy and silly if you ask me and I was wondering if there were any specific reasons for this. Kind of sucks using Aegis of Blackscales ornament forever because it's one of few designs that isn't floating in the air, but it is what it is
  2. SpamFactory Augur

maybe it's because hero's forge bracers are really thick!

I notice some old shields clip through bracer ornaments on some races
  3. Explicit Augur

That makes a lot of sense actually lol, unfortunately I don't have Hero's Forge so I guess I'm SOL with the crazy floating shields
  4. Jibeker Lorekeeper

Sounds better than the bug where shieldw STILL lay down horizontally when you mount up.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

In human mode my shield is fine, when I morph to wood elf on my horse, my shield pieces through my neck/shoulder/etc. Absolutely silly. ;)

Also, not giving the left-bracer-graphics because the Insidious spike goes through shields is silly as well. Poor non-shield users who are now unbalanced...