Fleeting Quivers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bewts, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Bewts Augur

Looking for an idea what these are going for on Lockjaw.

I need three of them for my 6-armed Ranger.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Speaking of fleeting quivers, do you just need to have one in your inventory for it to apply the haste? It's been so long.
  3. Bewts Augur

My understanding is yes.

Someone else would be helpful to clear up if the quiver has to be top level inventory or it can be bagged.

Banished to NK until I find a seller...
  4. Trevalon Augur

Yes, just put it in your inventory and your good till...forever (Or didn't they finally introduce an upgrade like last expansion someone said? lol)
  5. Deloehne Augur

I don't think that is true, at least on Povar:

Trial 1. Quiver bagged into a bag slot. Combat Dummy Qela. Buffs irrelevant.
    Time. -- 856 seconds
    Attempts -- 1097
    Misses -- 183
    Attempts per second -- 1.2815
    Accuracy -- 83.32%

Trial 2. Quiver in a top inventory slot. Combat Dummy Qela. Buffs identical to Trial 1.
    Time. -- 880 seconds
    Attempts -- 1442
    Misses -- 206
    Attempts per second -- 1.63.86
    Accuracy -- 85.71%

In Trial 2 the bow fired 27.86% faster. It was also 3% more accurate.

I know of no stochastic element in attempt rate, so the numbers are what they are. There is a stochastic element to accuracy. My preconceived notion is that it's a Binomial, on which assumption a confidence interval can be constructed. However determining if accuracy really does go up with a quiver is irrelevant as it is dwarfed by the difference in attempts per second.
  6. Tore Lorekeeper

Underfoot. So basically forever for 95% of people on the server.
  7. Raytheon Augur

A quiver simply has to be in a top-level inventory slot to get the haste. You do not need to have any arrows in it at all to get the haste.
    fransisco likes this.
  8. Finchy Augur

#rangersforeverlessinventoryspacethaneveryoneelse
    fransisco likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

This.
    It needs to be in a bag slot, not just in your inventory.
  10. Tarmor of Surefall Journeyman

Some clarifications on how the quiver works:

1. The quiver must be in a top level inventory slot.
    2. It does not have to be in slot #1, but it's best if you do put it in slot #1 or #2 based on how it works
    3. You must have at least 2 arrows on your person for the quiver to function the way you expect. In particular, one of the arrows goes in your ammo slot, the other goes in the quiver.
    4. If the arrows are the same type, then the quiver haste will apply regardless of other items you may have in your inventory
    5. If the arrow types are NOT the same, then the quiver haste may apply or may not apply depending on where the next arrow comes from (meaning if you do not have the endless quiver AA, and you have a class X arrow in your ammo but the next class X arrow is not in your quiver and that arrow comes in the inventory search order before your quiver, then you won't get the haste. This may have been fixed in the last 12 years, but at least on Lockjaw I was able to verify that this is still the case).
    6. If you have the endless quiver AA, the arrow in your ammo slot is not consumed and determines your damage modifier. If you have a second arrow of that type in the quiver, everything works as expected. If you do not, then if your quiver is in the inventory search order before any other arrow and has at least one other arrow of any type in it, the haste works. If it has no arrows the haste does not. I was able to verify this on Quarm.

In terms of haste, the haste counts as "worn" haste and is equal the "weight reduction" factor over 3. So 60/3 = 20%.

This haste stacks with other worn haste, spell haste and v2 haste up to the hard caps for haste and weapon delay (but this is speculation on the delay, since the fastest bow is only a delay 17 giving a 6.9 effective delay)

All that being said -- autofire has its only issues that effect the delay calculation. To get full use out of the haste you may need to go old school button mashing if your bow winds up with an effective delay of less than 20 (autofire seems to be discrete on a 2s boundary)
  11. Kelandi Elder

In order to take advantage of the quiver haste you need two identical arrows, assuming you already have endless quiver AA: One in ammo slot, another in the quiver itself. The quiver must be in one of your main inventory slots.
  12. Bewts Augur

DO YOU MATH BRO?

Thanks for the awesome detail. Pretty much settles the discussion.

Top inventory slot for the quiver it is.