Flash Sales in EverQuest

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Arbus New Member

Yes - created a account just to express my opinion of what a BAD IDEA this is. Penalizing the people who work and have money to spend, and giving the break to the layabouts that have time to log in and play their free accounts all day.

How about specials for people with Gold accounts - the ones that support you - ever think about that?
    Kirokan likes this.
  2. Flixx New Member

This Sucks, I work 50 hrs a week and have NO way to participate, this sale is great for the unemployed. why cant the sale run for 24 hrs?
  3. Shang Augur

This guy lives in 'murrica.
    Aldren likes this.
  4. Tobynn Augur

All of you griping about missing out due to timing can rest a little easier knowing you didn't miss anything of interest. Unless of course you intended to stock up on Ultravision potions and Defiant gear, in which case you missed the boat entirely.
  5. Kirbane Augur

Thanks for selling things while im at work.........
  6. Luithien New Member

You guys talking about how this is not available to you because it is during work hours are missing the point.
    1. It is because it is during work hours (low player pop) that SOE set it at these times.
    2. It is not designed to benefit players, but to help make SOE's "off-hours" numbers look better.
  7. Kirokan Journeyman

You're probably right,
    but it doesn't make people been angry.
    They want to make people play more during day, make incentive better than this. Put a xp bonus, for low pop, the bonus lower with more people on the server. (usually, more people make grouping easier, so people can still get good xp, but grouped)
  8. Piestro Augur

Obviously these sales will never be available to every single player. The upside is that if they are successful it's something we can start doing more often, so there will be more sales that hit you specifically. Keep an eye out!
  9. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Ok, so the timing wasn't great, but the sale goes into the weekend, so please stop about the structure, that has been said many times. Just keep posting the items, save the whine, I am sure the lure will ramp up during the weekend.
  10. Phathom Champion

In addition to what Piestro mentioned, these sales are going to be random items and at random times of the day to give ALL players and opportunity to reach a sale. So players in other countries will also see sales during their peak times as equal to the amount of times you will see special sales.

We're trying it out through the weekend and we'll see how it is working by next week.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Geroblue Augur

Thats better. But to see real jumps in sales, it has to happen when the most, or gold, players are logged in. Daytime is bad timing.
  12. Emphant Lorekeeper

You know, there are a lot of reasons besides unemployment that someone might be online during the EST day. Starting with...they don't live in the continental US. Or...they work nights. Or...they are overseas.
  13. Voragath Augur

Apparently you didn't read the forum rules. Loosely quoting here, "do not use logic." :p
  14. Geroblue Augur

Last time I saw stats, the majority of the players were in the US. So if the people in the US are at work, then the sales didn't accomlish anything.
  15. Kravitz Augur

The logical option would be to offer the marketplace offline, maybe through the website here. I understand they want us to log into the game, but if the driving force is to create business, then they are missing a whole revenue stream from marketplace by not having the option to purchase the items while out of the game.
  16. Old School Journeyman

kravitz,

Yes, it would be a good idea for them to allow the purchase of in game goods in an online store. But that would be a sound business decision that would make them money and please the player base. It would also take more time, effort and resources than SOE is willing to put forth for Everquest.

It feels like the game and website is run by a overworked and harried skeleton crew. They still haven't updated their "free to play" website with Rain of Fear months after launch. You practically have to get walkthroughs on how to download the client from third party vendors. The entire website feels dated and cumbersome. Tthe company home page still has links that don't work properly. They pulled the players website for an "update" how many years ago? Hopefully the influx of cash from F2P and PS2 will get them to show EQ and the website some love. But don't hold your breath. Expect more items like 5 dollar hats for your toon that look like road cones, and auras that have partical effects so big your raid crew kicks you if you use them.
  17. Xeex New Member

Lol, posts like this make me laugh, a LOT. You claim you are "penalized" but seriously? Those of us that have gold accounts, get a monthly "allowance", that IS the special for gold. So yes, they have thought about it. I personally think this is a WONDERFUL idea. and i truly hope that SOE doesnt take away these "sales events" due to self-entitled, "i want everything AND a cookie too!" type temper tantrums like this guy.

Good job SOE, keep it comin!
  18. Geroblue Augur

A flash sale that benefits the people with years of subscribing is a good idea. Its an additional thank you. And frankly, 500 SC doesn't go far. Nice, but not enough.