Flash Sales in EverQuest

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Piestro Augur

Today and tomorrow we’re trying out something new in EverQuest: Flash Sales!

These sales will pop up for several hours at a time on a specific category of items in the Marketplace. Items in these categories will be approximately 50% off. If you see something you like, buy it!
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I won't see anything because... I work during all 3 time frames. Fail
    Should post the item list here to decide if I'm going to hate you forever or not
  3. Greymantle Augur

Any chance of them being posted here as well , so if we are looking for a specific item on sale we have notice to log in to purchase?
  4. cadstuff New Member

bags are on sale right now
  5. Sinzz Augur

kmart wants there blue light back piestro!:p
  6. Shang Augur

Which bags, and how much?
  7. Kirokan Journeyman

Seem like a good idea .. but .. it's terrible for most people.
    While you're working, people will say hey ! they are X items on sale .. and you're at work thinking, you couldn't buy it because you are WORKING !
    Unless the time frame is big enough to cover work shift ... but again ... some people work 12h straigh ...
  8. Axxius Augur

Can those flash sales be announced somewhere? In advance perhaps. Otherwise I don't see much point in doing it "ninja-style". You don't really expect the players to check the Marketplace every couple hours to see if something is on sale right now? Let alone log on more often just for it.
  9. Neamiah Journeyman

Currently the 16, 18 , 20 and the 40 slot TRADESKILL ONLY bag is on sale for 50% off. This will last until 2:00 PM EST only.
  10. Narcissistic New Member

Problem is that you can buy them, but they say half price, but are charging full price??. couldnt buy a second bag because it used all my money. I tried to petition it, but keep getting kicked out of the game.
  11. Vmas Elder

where i can see it its the half price?
  12. Kurayami Augur

Having sales without much warning and for less than 1 day is a fail, in fact I am not even sure how this got approved. Your audience is typically in their late 20s early 30s you know, people who actually work. If you enjoy the idea of me looking at your wares and possibly buying them via SC, I'll need advance warning. The idea is to make this convenient for the customers after all, what on earth is convenient about this kind of shopping? We don't all play EQ at work you know :)
    anthraciteMT, Pirlo and Loratex like this.
  13. Neamiah Journeyman

Items listed under the "Potions-Other" Category in the Marketplace wil be on sale (where available) beginning at 1:00 PM PST. The Sale will only last 2 hours. (The items included are Bottle of Speed, Endless Air, Bouyancy, See Invisible, Ultravision and Draught of the Craftman)
  14. Jmac Elder

Yeah this sucks, work every Thursday, Friday, and Saturay. And of course the craftsman potions are on sale while im at work :(.

Edit: was thinking i saw somewhere that the sales were for 3-4 days but could be wrong since the OP just said today and tomorrow.
  15. Elizabeta Augur

This is what i would like to see....
    Piestro posts: Today and tomorrow we're trying out something new in EverQuest: <insert event>

This <insert event> will pop up, on time, at exactly XX01 PST, and will end, on time, at XX59 PST (for 23 hours and 58 minutes). All <insert event> functions have been fully tested and will not cause any client crashes, incurable viral dots, loss of Gold status, nor misplace or doublecharge your Station Cash balance.

We hope you will enjoy the <insert event> and hope to bring you more in the future.
    Geroblue likes this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

Super big bummer. I dare say 90% of the EQ population works. Not sure what percentage of those, like myself, cannot play EQ at work, but I'm pretty sure it's still a vast majority. I appreciate the effort from SOE to give us discounts, truly, but at least give us a modicum of a chance to actually take advantage of them.
  17. Hatsee Augur

If you want to attempt this at least copy Steam, give people 12 hours.
    anthraciteMT likes this.
  18. Notinterested Augur

No real announcements, when you go through SC store you cant find whats on sale, flash sales during the working hours on weekdays?

Seriously epic fail. I take it that its nearly time to report to the investors and this is a last ditch effort to make EQ look good to them?
  19. Geroblue Augur

Doesn't work for me either.
  20. Neamiah Journeyman

Current special running is the Consigned armor pieces and bundles. going until 9:00 PM EST