Flagrant botting in paineel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Draslin, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taliefer Augur

noone has that fast a reaction time for that long. i suppose a autofire keyboard could get the same results with a couple macros, but if it amounts to the same end result, does the tool used matter? /philosophy.
  2. TarewMarrForever Augur

"probably"?

No probably about it.

It is now MUCH easier to automate farming, unfortunately.

It was doable before of course, but you had to write more complex scripts.
  3. frankie78227 Augur

The only real solution is for DBG to change their policy on IS-boxer on the TLP servers. It would however require them to actually provide monitoring of the servers. Will not happen so deal with it or cancel your All Access.
  4. trevock Augur

I think he just got either kicked off, banned or suspended.
  5. Spankage Elder

Would be mildly entertaining if daybreak just banned the wrong guy (guy streaming wasn't the one botting, he was just streaming the people who were doing it).
  6. Laeinye Lorekeeper

If the mage's name in question starts with an M and ends with a H I know exactly who you are talking about. I have put in a petitin with a screen shot about a week ago but he is still there. Hopefully someone at DBG is watching him. I've been thinking about putting up a twich stream and just park my toon next to him and broadcast what he is doing to the public, it seems to be the only way to get a response from DBG.

What should I name the stream?
    Frenzic likes this.
  7. Finchy Augur

I find it kinda dumb that if people see mages doing something, and then try to talk to them, if they don't respond they are automatically botting. Why the hell do i need to talk to you? Who are you, and why do I care what you have to say? Oh you're only messaging me to accuse me of botting? Why can't I be standing in 1 spot and click assist/pet atk while reading forums or watching tv?

It's been quoted many of times before...being at your computer means you are in the clear of repeated activities...so why can't my gaming keyboard have a macro to cast spell 1 every 10 seconds while i sit at my computer reading the forums, watching tv or chit chatting with friends/family? I'm at the computer as i am supposed to be...just because i don't talk to YOU doesn't mean i'm not there botting...just sayin
  8. trevock Augur

Because in this case, he clearly was away from his computer for lengthy periods of time. DBG had kicked him from the server twice now just today and he was at the login screen and wasn't doing anything.

Let's not start defending the botters.

And.....it's still at the kickout screen. Just go to twitch.tv/eq1_grouping
  9. Draslin Journeyman

Probably because hardware macros in keyboards and mice require the EQ window to have focus? So it's not really possible to be clicking and scrolling around on forums while that script runs.
  10. Finchy Augur

these are still all assumptions...i've beeen booted for being afk on alts while chit chatting on a main...it happens. I'm in no way defending botters, just simply saying people are starting to call this out way too damn much for what it really is. You don't personally know what's going on on the other end of those toons, you can only assume. Maybe there is a reason they aren't banned yet, maybe they really are there, could careless about random people but if a GM sends em a message they respond...who knows.
  11. Finchy Augur

that's actually not entirely true...you can actually set the game to run on top of everything and do other stuff from another monitor...or a laptop sitting next to your monitor, or a tablet...
  12. trevock Augur

^^ This. And if you look twitch.tv/eq1_grouping you will see it's still at the kickout screen because he hasn't been at his computer in a while to restart the bot.

Not when it requires keyboard and mouse keystrokes. You cannot use your mouse at all.
  13. Heilena Augur

the video guy is at login because he isn't botting to stay online, the mage still going, only now he has 2 lvl 1 toons cleaning up the corpses.
  14. trevock Augur

You there watching what he's doing?
  15. Finchy Augur

not saying the guy isn't botting...just sayin not all mages who don't respond are botting.

it doesn't require keyboard and mouse...you can do it just on keyboard...and i've personally used this method on other games i've played like archeage and such...it's very doable if you have the right setup :)
  16. Heilena Augur

twitch channel eqwatch

if you watch his Targets Target == A black bat
    but his pet is only attacking skellies
    Rhiyannon, Frenzic and Finwen like this.
  17. Osgz Lorekeeper

I made a level 1 erudite and looted all the skeles i could and made ~50pp ;) free loot is great
    Flandersian likes this.
  18. Shmef Augur

right, because you sat in that zone for 20 hours watching them without a break?
  19. Heilena Augur

actually don't need to watch them, just do /log on

but thanks for proving you are pro botting.
  20. Finchy Augur

just curious...but why care so much? I mean him killing lvl 1 skele's doesn't really effect anyone...sure some random lvl 1 may not get some skele's starting out...but just curious what the large care for this is?

I mean i've run into people doing things like afk swimming in oot at the port in dock. he wasn't hurting anyone, but leveling up skills while not there...at least this is the assumption. So instead of making a post and freakin out i just grabbed one of the boats there at the docks and started running him over with it until he would hit the boat and take off running. I did this several time until he started running in circles on the island instead of swimming in circles. he was kos to the npcs there and they killed him. That was much more enjoyment than wasting time posting on a forum complaining about people who don't effect you.../shrug
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.