Fixing TLP population Dilution.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silver-Crow, Aug 23, 2019.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ditto good for them. It's a good success and even if they lost 95% of their population in a year still would be more than EQ could imagine.

Personally like EQ more, played WoW back in the day just doesn't have the same nostalgia effect after I thought it over.

Where's that TLP free trade server coming? :rolleyes:
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A transfer off won't work for all TLP servers such as the new one where you start at level 85 heroic character. Guess those characters will always be limited to that server.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Stop hopping to the newest shiniest server and eventually DBG will stop releasing them so often, there is actually a lot of great EQ content beyond PoP, people should check it out some time.
    Iyacc, Tymeless and code-zero like this.
  4. Gremin Augur

Its simple, stop opening more TLPs. Support ALL the ones currently running, and possibly learn to merge so deader servers who have twins can be merged.
    Tymeless and Nolrog like this.
  5. Nolrog Augur

I am a little confused as to how you fix the population dilution by allowing people to move off the server. That wouldn't stop it, but instead accelerate it.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They could remove the ability to create new heroic chars and merge the server (once fixed) after it has reached live.

The only servers they have mentioned so far that won't be merged are Luclin and Xegony, that could mean some of TLP server will also get merged and maybe even FV with Brekt.
  7. SunDrake Augur

Not asking you to point out the post, but any idea why Luclin and Xegony are off limits for merges? Xegony, I understand. High pop, concentration of raid guilds already. Luclin is former Stromm?

As someone who plays on FV some, I am not sure what the danger is in consolidating Brekt with FV if its beneficial to DBG.

This said, I understand there are no server mergers on the horizon, and my bet might even be they won't happen again, ever.
  8. code-zero Augur

It may have been in the recent FoH AMA with the devs where they mentioned that only low population servers would be merged if they were ever able to merge again. They specifically noted several that would not be merged with Luclin and Xegony being on that list
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It was that or the other article that Holly was interviewed for, mentions they were planning on mergers next year, but had to fix a technical issue first.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

11. Silver-Crow Augur

Exactly.

People will naturally move from less populated servers to more populated servers... thus concentrating the player base. Yes it hastens the death of some of the servers, but that was going to always happen when they lose the critical mass of players.
  12. Silver-Crow Augur

Server merges are always a mess. They should just organically let people move from dead servers to wherever they want to go, as per the suggestion in this thread. That way, no-one is forced to do anything they don't want to do, and there's no technical headache's to worry about.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There comes a point where those dead servers are no loger viable and need to be sunset, they need to be able to do something with all the chars on there just in case someone comes back to playing.
  14. Silver-Crow Augur

Yep covered that off on my original post :)
  15. Midnitewolf Augur

I was just thinking about this myself. There are just way too many TLP servers diluting the population making it very hard to get groups in a group centric game. What is worse is when a new server comes out, all the time and money I invested in the old server has gone to waste once it becomes deserted. That being the case, I really wish they would at least allow character transfers for zero or low cost. I realize transfers with gear are a problem but I would be fine with a transfer of just my naked character and monies.

I would easily spend $10 per character to be able to bring my 52 chanter, 42 Necro and 38 SK along with all the plat I have on the server over from Corinav to Selo even without gear just so I wouldn't have to start over from scratch and spend hours re-grinding the same toons again on a new server. Right now I feel like my time and money I spent on Corinav has been just a waste. Of course if Corinav had a thriving population with plenty of people at all levels grouping up and playing, none of this would be a problem.
  16. Malmini New Member

They just need to either end of jump old TLP servers to live to push people into new ones. Should release 2 a year but let no more than 6 be active at any time.
  17. Gana Augur

#FreeFippy
  18. Bailen Augur

I think it must be so that people on the server have an equal starting point.
  19. kenmei Augur

Been playing WoW Classic. On Day 2, gold farmers started spamming.
    Day 3 and 4 they continued, all players banded together helping each other learn how to report them.
    Day 5, the gold spammers were gone.

Uninstalled all DBG games.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Damn impressive. Yet we've had siren grotto blatant afk 100 man armies for a while. From agnarr to now, dbg has not stepped up.
  21. Aziuno Augur

Be gone heathen