Fix your mistake

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toomba, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Toomba Elder

My only toon is a raider, but when i have time i group with everyone i can...i have a very soft spot for group geared players and have a ton of fun with them....why are a lot of my friends quitting after this patch?!?

Fix your mistake
  2. bigpapa Augur

DB seem to don't care anymore for entry zones , where anyone could have fun and play in.
    there are a lot of players who prefer boxing ( who give many $$$ to DB ) who relied on tank merc ( their choice to do it ) and was fine until now.

skyfire , what a mess , good zones with really annoying drakes with their fire auras , annoying npc who can get you drunk even with max alcohol tolerance.

we had one way to get a good armor drop rate to fill up the visible slots ( t1 ) with fell foliage .
    nameds visibles drop rate is low. and most if not all got some mechanics to make them difficult to pull .
    I am a good boxer and don't care much about these mechanic ( I am mad at the fell foliage mess tho ).
    but I feel sorry for all the boxers who pay a good amount of $$$ to DB every years and got shafted like that. in entry zones , leave t1 zones available for * weaker * paying customers............

yeah I know top raiders or very talented players will say {suck less }* , * {get real group }, LOL ,ask them how easy it is to get groups ,

I thought this expansion will be the last because of all the bad * aiming * and still think it will ( I hope I am wrong because I still like this game ) , but I see some friends who had boxing set up ( merc tank ect ) and can't anymore , or extremely difficult for them to kill nameds even in t1 to gear up their toons , just quit the game now.

EQ is not for anyone anymore even T1 zones are very challenging
    { like I said I don't care much for my box crew since I am good at it } but I feel sorry for others who can't o_O
  3. Toomba Elder

We need someone to believe in, ..who at daybreak signed off on this patch?

This patch is a game killer for non-raiders, and a ton of those are alts of raiders, players have their arms raised off the keyboard and if this isnt fixed asap they might actually go outside or play another game...who at daybreak is responsible and would you please replace him/her with someone qualified to make reasonable decisons.
    Buktum likes this.
  4. Hickers Elder

I'm a UK player on a US server (Bristlebane), so a lot of the times I get to play, there is hardly anyone else online. As a monk, I could at least run the odd HA molo to kill time and keep the AA count ticking over. Now even that has been taken away from me.

Unless these changes are reversed/tuned back down soon, I foresee many times in the future when I will log on and not be able to achieve a damn thing.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, everyone needs to calm TF down and remember a few things:

a) had daybreak/sony screwed up like this before? Yes, and it always gets (at least somewhat) resolved.
    b) Do people really quit over this type of stuff? Not usually long term, so just take a deep breath, it'll be fine.
    c) And this is really the most important point. Anyone still working on OT/Skyfire (I haven't even hardly started, so I'm included here) is VERY far from a bleeding edge player, and has LOTS they could work on from previous expacs.

So, in conclusion, work on old stuff (c), to give DB a chance to resolve the mess (a), and so you don't over-react like others (b).
    Xnao and UncleUms like this.
  6. Toomba Elder

2 casual group geared gold friends texted me personally, they didnt flame any forum, they are teaming up and taking their money to an undisclosed game...between them is 7 or 8 gold accounts. I told them to give daybreak a week or so to adjust things, i pretty much was told ‘it was fun times man, have a good one’

How many others find this stuff so ridiculous that they quietly quit also?

Additionally, more people have quit this game than are currently playing it, when DB does this stuff they only increase other games player bases.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

@ Tatanka:
    Most of my entire GUILD - has migrated over to Star Citizen. The fact that we all came here as EA was busily killing our "parent game" Air Warrior (the very first MMOG) says something also....
    EQ development has always been a lot more arrogant than AW development ever was. And a lot of the player whining can be explained away with the very first truth ever spoken by an MMOG lead Dev. ie "You could get them all laid, and they'd still beetch." But there's more than that going on here in EQ - as of late. You can bet that the slow but sure loss of players is being explained away to the "corporate masters" as the natural attrition that happens with a "very old game". While some of that is (of course) inevitable, I submit that the loss of the "hard core" long time EQ players also has some "cause and effect" going on now. Since DB took this over, EQ has indeed taken on a new direction that too heavily favors both the hard-core raiders. (who beta-test all the final tuning) and the people with "nothing else to do" BUT play EQ. The loss of casuals and semi-casuals can be more attributed to the latter than the former. Many people are not looking for the "next great game and time-sink" - they start looking when "Home, just isn't home anymore".
    I can't dismiss that...... Because I saw it the very first time it happened - Ever.
    -Rat
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

That may well be true - but the fallout from yesterdays patch exceeds the "snowflake factor".
    When long time older EQ players start shooting from the hip - a pooch was screwed.
    -R
    SevrinSevendust likes this.
  9. oldandnasty Augur

DB basically has 44 days to fix this (for me personally) as that's when my all access subs run out. As for point b, the last time I quit over something like this I didn't come back for 5+ years, but I did come back. Three all access accounts are likely nothing to DB but what really erks me is they allowed an avenue to level to 110 using mercs and w/o having the best gear, suckered me back in (buying 2 ex-pacs), and then took the avenue away with this change. I play the game for enjoyment and when it becomes no longer fun I will spend my entertainment budget elsewhere.

These are my personal feelings on the subject and call me a snowflake all you want. I've been to war and I assure you I'm less of a snowflake then 95% of the people who post here.
    Quatr likes this.
  10. Kacman Augur

Thank you for your service. I too am a vet (327th Engineer Battalion, 101st Airborne Division-Screaming Eagles baby) and laugh at theae true snowflakes that get their man card from playing a game instead of real life accomplishments.

Then their self-importance makes them feel like they can call REAL men, snowflakes.
    oldandnasty likes this.
  11. Risiko Augur

That sounds familiar.... is that you Furor? :p
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  12. Toomba Elder

Old your point of view is what im hearing from others, talking about how many days subs run out and other games, i got my 2 friends to agree that if its fixed before subs run out, it would be fine, 15 days on one and 67 days on the other, but they are still teaming up on another game for now. My thoughts are ‘what if they fall in love with that game?’ If this is fixed now...like right now, a lot of people would smile
    oldandnasty likes this.
  13. oldandnasty Augur

Nope. I do remember him though.
  14. Gerbert New Member

So ya....they removed the ability to casually "work on old stuff" by making it essentially current tier difficulty. So what do you suggest we do while DBG works to triage the hemorrhaging of Gold subs that they're losing?
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  15. Risiko Augur

I'd be willing to bet that they are already working on adjusting the difficulty. Maybe take some time to catch up on tv shows, go see a few movies, pick up the latest expansion of Magic the Gathering or Pokemon, finish that novel you always meant to write, go on a few dates or something, get back in the gym, or something.

Give em a week or two to fix things. I doubt they are just like "hahaha we screwed em over this time! Score!" I'm sure someone is actually working on a solution. They just don't pop out of thin air over night a lot of times.
  16. Kacman Augur

This should never have made it to live. It was notes in the test forums that there would be major blowback to this change, last week.

As usual, the Devs think they are smarter the the actual playing and paying customers of the game.
  17. Funk Augur

Give them a week or two? Are you their PR rep or something? How about just revert the horrible change then work on a solution. It's not that hard.

You are on here telling others to go outside and take a break from the game..how about you go outside and shed the white knight suit and breathe some fresh air. I think it's you that needs a break sir.
    Jalelorf likes this.
  18. Risiko Augur

God help them if I was their public relations representative lol!!!

It's actually jeans and a black & white Callaway golf shirt. Really nice one at that. As much as I would like to take a break to go outside, I am at work right now, so I have to stare at my computer monitors. ;)
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, because the sum total of "old stuff" is a handful of HAs. Which, if you've already done them, you don't NEED to do them again, there's already a checkmark in your achievements for progression.
  20. Raccoo Augur

A huge chunk of the recent 3 expansions progression/challenger achievements are in instanced zones, which have been ramped up for 110. To get the most from your time probably better to kill in the few open zones in EOK/ROS if you are able to. Too bad for people on Zek though.