Fix spellbar lockout bug (or give / command to unlock)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Angahran Augur

Please can someone fix the spellbar lockout bug or at least give us some / command to unlock it that doesn't require us to /quit to relog.
    Moege likes this.
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Whenever I have had this happen, it's because my computer time is too far out of sync. Call me crazy, but the default microsoft time server reliability is TERRIBLE. I've tried changing time providers, but it just doesn't work.

There is of course, an app for that, but if what you are describing is that when you zone or die you can't cast certain spells or bring back your merc when the timers are down, it's because your PC time is out of sync.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

You can click your perfected invis to undead aa to unlock your spell bar, its annoying but works
    Drogba and Nniki like this.
  4. Nniki Augur

I think SKs can use Death Peace AA to unlock it.
  5. Nniki Augur

What he's describing will often happen randomly mid-combat.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

But that loses agro, we cant be having that, a bard might die. Ill try your way next time :)
    Nniki likes this.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

It mostly happens in raid when you are grouped with warriors. I haven't narrowed down exactly what combination causes it, but its a group ability. I never have it happen when i solo or when i group with my ranger and bard friend or with my wife pally.
  8. skabe Elder

Happens to me whenever I click an item that has a "cast time" without stopping melody first.
  9. Tappin Augur

Happens all the time after invulnerability disc/spells wear off. If you’re a healer on raid, good luck if this happens. I agree, if they cannot fix this bug, we need a command to unlock spell bar.
  10. menown Augur

Happens to me after I go unconscious briefly while I was casting a spell.
    Eaiana, Yinla, Nniki and 1 other person like this.
  11. Nniki Augur

I'd see it happen while using a fast casting clicky like Necromantic Dragon Bone when the target dies before it lands.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is how it happens to me.
  13. Angahran Augur

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Only thing I ever got to work was /quit.

Be nice if they could actually prevent this from happening.
  14. yosco Augur

You can click any AA with a cast time (iirc) and it unlocks your bar
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

I usually use /stopcast, /stopsong or /stopsocial depending on what class I'm on. However, I don't see it very often (once or twice a year).
  16. Zunnoab Augur

/stopcast sometimes works too.

I think delay death can cause it too, probably if you are mid cast or something.

I suspect this is related to kerafyrm's interrupt ability likely being worse than intended. The spell suggests it just interrupts every 20s. In reality if you're mid cast your gems lock for a bit.

Hopefully they know about it. It is so old I forget about it... until it happens again. It's kind of like how someone will Ctrl D out of their raid group a small handful of times a year, and I forget the annoyance until the next time...
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I remember the Kerafym event caused it like crazy if you didn't time your spells right! I've only had it happen a few times ever since, like Yosco said, AA's can reset it.
  18. Drogba Augur

I'm convinced that its related to the spell hastening abilities (imperator's charge, quicktime) it's often right after one of these are activated that my gems lock up. idk if its to do with the timing of us casting a spell / using a clicky with a cast time, in unison with one of those 2 abilities being activated. I'm theorizing. But it happens at least once, usually a few times each raid night.
  19. Moege Augur

Sometimes happens when you purple club. Convinced that case has something to do with AA allowing you to live longer while unconscious
  20. Zunnoab Augur

If so, it's possible in those instances it's similar to the bard thing that consistently causes issues if clicking a clicky with a cast time mid song. Perhaps client side you start casting before your last cast stopped server side?