Fix for the (4-404) Error with Launchpad

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Warpiggs, Oct 15, 2014.

1. js80134 New Member

Corlen-Xeg you beauty. Well Done.
    Decke, Corlen-Xeg and Leeanni like this.
  2. Leeanni Elder

I second that one, js. A huge thank you, Corlen.
  3. Shiron New Member

That was it! Awesomely done, Corlen! Thanks. You put SOE/CS to shame.
  4. hakmer Augur

thank you for a fix corlen-xeg.. and the sony tech support team should be posting a public thank you also.
  5. Yara_AB Augur

6. Geroblue Augur

7. RustyOfOz Journeyman

Corlen-Xeg you have my utmost gratitude, thank you very much !!!
  8. Zarakii Augur

.......... i think i love you corlen after a MONTH of fighting this bull and soe not knowing wth was going on you fixed there screw up. i had all but givin up playing any soe games at this point out of boredom today i checked this forum and that fixed what they could not. if this crap keeps up i think the community who usually fixes there screw ups should be paid instead of us paying them.........
  9. Decke New Member

Oh so YES!! Free heals fer life!
  10. Malbrowncoat Elder

Hello

After a night of EQ gaming, I woke this morning to an 4-404 Launchpad error. Very frustrating when things on my end do not change. Poured over searches for errors and finally found Corlen-Xeg's information. VERY WELL DONE ! It solved the problem. This demonstrates again when peeps at web sites / games make changes and don't tell any users they have made the change and what to do about it. When you say something, you are looked at like moron and to redo all your settings. This happens all too often. Sorry, had to say it. I love EQ, always will, but info goes in and nothing comes out. Should be an auto email to users to anticipate specific problems when specific changes are made that will effect accessing the game. See you in-game )

David
  11. Sarkaukar Augur

Thing is, this was a 6 weeks or so ago and only now you are being affected? SOE may have made changes several weeks ago but the question should be, what program(s) changed your system settings which had previously allowed you to log into the game without issue, until now?
  12. Malbrowncoat Elder

Sarkaukar, I know what I've done, I don't know what they've done. I have seen problems effect subsets of users several times. It was literally an overnight thing as described for me. Users kept on several servers with different settings, users in different folders with different settings, multiple people doing different things to one server, Are our accounts replicated overseas (say Japan or Europe) and that replication does something unanticipated. Does this have nothing to do with accounts. Is it just the login server. Is it the Corporate Inet entrance that allows only TLS 1. Is it at each game server. I have no idea how SOE does things. I am left to react to what happens to me. Hard to troubleshoot without info and those with the info may be incapable of troubleshooting ) See you in-game.

David
  13. Sarkaukar Augur

(Nods) have seen the same, where subsets are affected and how different ISP update their subsets differently.

Since this is the launchpad, it would not matter which server a player uses. The launchpad uses hooks into the Windows DLL/configuration.

When you logged out for the night, did you reboot/shutdown your computer or are you aware if your computer rebooted itself?

Did Windows perform an update? Control Panel, Windows Update, View Update history.

Are you aware if your antivirus/internet security program had an update?

It could also be something related to another program/etc, as not simply here but other games where there is a problem logging in and it turns out that something that changed their IE settings, having them go through a proxy server.

After playing around with IE Options, IE 11 on Win 8.1, I had unchecked all the settings, saved. Attempted to log into EQ/error. Went back through and hit the reset button. It automatically re-selected the options necessary to log into EQ successfully, which is one of the items directed by the Launchpad Troubleshooting in the Knowledge Base.

Just to note many may have not done it at all due to the Security and un-check "Check Server Certification Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk". but that is only another step and was not necessary for me, but may be for a few whose ISP saved info had not been updated yet at the time a player may be having issues.

The question would be, why did it not work for the other players. Did they actually not follow through and clicked yes after hitting the Reset button in the Advanced Tab?

/shrugs.. attempting to make some sense to it.

Have fun!!!
  14. Cazmac Augur

I tried paragraph 1 with no result at all. I didn't have the confidence to try any of the others. My problem is with the Latest News tabs at the right of the Launchpad: they do not connect and give an error message, for example: "http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/server-downtime-friday-january-23-6-30-..." plus "Application not found".