Not A Bug Fishing pole in main hand makes melee attack hotkey not depres

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Bigstomp, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I started fighting with my fishing pole last night by mistake.

Setup:
    Dual wield warrior
    Weapon in off hand.
    Fishing pole (specifically Brell's Fishin' Pole) main hand.

I have a social I use to start attacking:
    /stand
    /attack

I have the melee attack button on another hotbar near by just to visually help me with if attack is on or off.

With the fishing pole in my main hand, the melee attack button stayed off.
    Attacking seemed to be working fine.
    I was swinging with my offhand as expected.
  2. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Not a bug, the fishing pole isnt a weapon and so the game will not let you swing your mainhand with it equipped.
    Bardy McFly and GNOME_POWER like this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

666 is correct.
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

But why does the attack on button not light up?

Attack is on. I am swinging with my off hand. Attack is working.

I'm not asking to swing my main hand.
    I just feel that the attack hotkey still suggests attack is off when it is actually on is the bug.

Unless it is by design where you should be able to be attacking but not have any indication you are attacking.
    The attack button stays showing off.

I strongly disagree with *not a bug*.

"Look guys, Attack is off. I am not breaking mez. I would have to turn attack on to do that.
    I know the game says I'm breaking mez over and over. But the dev says it's not a bug. If my attack button is not lit up my attack is not on. Must be a bug in their mez breaking reporting logs."
  5. Bigstomp Augur

If you read further you'd see I mentioned main hand does not attack. Offhand starts attacking. But the melee attack key stays greyed out like attack is off.

That is the bug.

If the button (generic button from actions about melee attack, that toggles depressed or not depressed based on my attack state) says I'm not attacking, it should be accurate.
  6. Troutfest Augur

It shows your main hand item which isn't able to attack. Been that way forever, no reason to waste time changing it.
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  7. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

You can strongly disagree all you want, dev already said it wasnt a bug. The problem is, you are viewing that button as showing you have attack on ... the button is only one of several ways to initiate melee attacks but is a poor indicator regarding whether you have "/attack on". The default UI indication for attack being on is actually a red border around a different window. Personally, I stopped using that button years ago and replaced it with an assist macro of /xtar 1 (which is set to either group or raid MA) and then /attack on.