First weekend of Coirnav ... Share your experiences

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Machentoo Augur

* This Sucks
    * OMG this was great
  2. Ilshade Augur

hooked up with premade Gfay - poor halfing cleric made the run in 20mins nice job!
    did mail quest till 2 - as newb zone nothing to kill over populated - also need cash for pets spells etc...
    out the door with all spells till 8 - grind fest gfay and BB will 7
    run to hhk - parked at RV for chanter to get pet spells
    leveled in RV to lvl 10 - get new spells
    leveled in SRO to lvl 18
    leveled in befallen to 20 - plus get robs for casters
    Unrest suxxed level to 21 - all doors locked no rogue - my favorite zone destroyed by dbg adding locked doors
    frustrated logged
    next day still frustrated worked on stein quests + farm PP
    skill up some trades - jewel craft - tailoring - pottery - blacksmithy
    made lots of pp for EC selling - started to enjoy the game again forgot about unrest nerf
    bought my first few krono feeling good...
    went to nejena - wiped
    went to nejena - wiped
    swore never to go to nejena again
    still level 21 - back to craftering and ECing :)
    made a rogue ... no rush for 50 - seems many on this server are not in a rush either - the air is very different on this server prices are all over the place, but most people are ok -
  3. Poppinfresh Elder

I rolled a single toon Sunday night. The slots on Coirnav seem to be a lot tighter than they were on Phinny and Agnarr, if you know what I mean, but I parlayed my modest krono investment into a decent cashout a few hours later and took my winnings right back to live. I'll probably come back in a couple weeks - I still have a couple EoK rares I've got my eye on.

I don't know what was more comical, trolls cross-linking defiant and RoS raid drops from their live servers or the resulting nerd rage from the more nutjobby TLP enthusiasts. I take that back, the latter was far more comical. :)
  4. Rhodz Augur

Heheh glad you guys are enjoying it, really am
    Wonder if they will just fess up and name the next server Krono, I mean that is the point right, obviously.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. uk6999 Augur

- Unrest locked door are pretty pointless imo. I doubt anyone made a rogue or a bard so they could unlock doors. If the idea was to force people out of that zone then plan was a success.
    - Sol A and B are now great zones to xp in. Sol A is awesome. No one tell DBG about those as they would "update" them for sure.
    - No matter how hard you nerf lguk xp it is still going to the place to go because of items and everyone knows the camps.
    - Sol B has some pretty decent drops as well.
    - Experience is awful. I power'd horse my monk up to 38 out of sheer will and it hasnt been easy ( enjoyable at times I will admit ). I created a shaman alt leveled it to 2 and was like "nope" when a dark blue gave 0-1%. At least on Phinny we could abuse hand in quests to power through the first 10 levels. Until they nerfed that to.
    - The economy is nuts. 5-10kr for HBC/SMR/FBSS.
    - The pick zone is still a let down. I have been in several groups where the pick shuts down on us to drop us to the main pick where that camp is already taken. Usually the group falls apart after that.
    - Everyone needs on everything.

Take a ways, I still enjoy playing everquest. I think DBG could learn a lot from easing back on the xp slow down. If they would increase xp instead of decrease it a lot more people including myself would play more than one character which could mean to more subs and krono purchases to fund those characters. No way I am playing 2 characters when this 50% xp bonus goes away. I have my doubts this server will be successful in the long term unless they address xp.
    andross77, Niskin and Rhodz like this.
  6. Ajjantis Elder

- For the first time in my EQ career i did not make a druid. This time i decided to play something more "important" and made a cleric.
    - Convinced my wife, who's never played EQ before, to try out the game. She made a mage.
    - Started in Faydark with trash, moved to the orc hill after getting a level or two. Spent two days in crushbone and made it to lvl 12. Current stop is Unrest where we both hit lvl 19.
    - Thinking about where to go next. Shall i really go to mistmore? I know that zone can be quite tough. Or should i just move to upper guk for superior exp? So many choices.
    - Exp is horrible, but we're having an absolute blast.
    - Gonna hit max level way before the next xpack hits live, so im not worried.
  7. Gana Augur

Continuing adventure...
    • Tuesday night, got a group in Sol A for an hour, hit 24 (2 level)
    • Logged to clear wife aggro
    • Wednesday got Sol A group in Bar
    • Leveled to 30
    • Logged for the night
    • Going to LGuk/SolB tonight...the saga continues
  8. Weebles Augur

Sol A has always been amazing exp. I don't think they did much to the ZEM, if anything.

You are 12 levels from the cap less then a week after release and still think that the exp is too slow? You realize we have 3 months of this right? One could easily argue that increasing the exp rate leads to people at max level faster and burnout faster. Let's just enjoy the journey.
  9. uk6999 Augur

I am saying that the xp gain is to low for levels 1-10. The xp once in the 20s seems to curve out and is much more consistent flow. The game shouldn't penalize new players by making them kill 50+ rats/bats at level 2 to get the 3 and that's with 50% bonus. Yes ideally you would try to group even at level 2 but it one month how many groups do you think there are going to be for this? The first 10 to 20 levels should be enjoyable and then the grind should start not the other way around.
    Starr and andross77 like this.
  10. vylo Augur

1-5 is torture, and then it suddenly takes off, but I think twinking will make it bearable for future characters.
  11. jiri_ Augur

Having a full group helps a lot.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Mistmoore is awesome but you need a (mostly) full group and an enchanter. Without that it could be pretty frustrating.
  13. Fhiele Augur

1. Made erudite, did easy quest to level 2.
    2. Grinded out on skellies in Paineel to 4.
    3. Ran to Freeport.
    4. Skilled up smithing
    5. Tried to sell banded, got some krono for banded suits, but I wanted plat, no one had any.
    6. Sold more banded.
    7. Sold more banded
    8. Did an xp grind out to 6
    9. SOld more banded
    10. Made a ranger alt and got accused by some newb of being an RMTer who stole mommies credit card.
    11. Went back to main, sold more banded
    12. Levelled up to 8.
    13. Grinded jewelcrafy to 40, started selling silver jewellry to go with that banded
    14. Levelled up to 11.

Lessons: Plat on day 1 or 2 doesn't mean much. Doing step 3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11, and 13 delayed leveling hugely by sucking vast amounts of my time. Would have been better to grind to 30 or so in that time frame,
  14. TakeMeSeriously Journeyman

Leveled in unrest, all the doors were locked of course, proceeded to be trained by drunken gnomes for the next 6 hours. Left unrest.
  15. Coder Joe Journeyman

Rolled a necro. Girlfriend rolled a mage. Leveled to 17 so far and having some fun :)

Ready to grind this weekend into the 20's as far as we can get.
  16. vylo Augur

Unrest is pretty garbage now exp wise too, you can pretty much just go to guk for the entirety of classic. Uguk has a good mod, and lguk never had a decent mod to start so any nerf isn't very noticable.