First weekend of Coirnav ... Share your experiences

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

Instead of a "this sucks" or "omg this was great" thread, I thought maybe we could have a thread where we each give a bullet list of our experiences from the first weekend of Coirnav for fun.
  2. Starr Elder

I've played maybe 7-8 hours something on Coirnav now. 4 characters at level 7. My usual barbarian shaman and a human sk this time instead of erudite. Also 2 new classes in a monk and bard. First time I haven't done the first levels in Everfrost. Moved all characters to Qeynos and did the first 3 levels there before moving to Qeynos Hills and Blackburrows. I've usually stayed in BB until lvl 13-14, but this time I'll test out West Karana and maybe try Runneye as well. I'm not in a hurry and Coirnav is just a time filler when I'm not raiding on Phinny.
    Nickatropolis and Risiko like this.
  3. Risiko Augur

• Troll SK main created ... check
    • Troll Shaman box created ... check
    • Met up with friends in Nektulos Forest and leveled up
    • Got feared across Befallen and wiped group with my train of necros
    • Killed mobs in Lavastorm
    • Went in to Najena and found the one good camp for the level was taken, so went down stairs. Pulled one mob. Turned in to 5 mobs with a red-as-hell name. Group wiped.
    • Swore never to go back to Najena
    • Decided to go to Unrest, but then we decided to give Befallen one more chance only to find out the monk in the group had already used origin to get back to Freeport, and made the run to Unrest RIGHT BEFORE we decided to go back to Befallen. He wasn't happy. We laughed. He made a long run back to Antonica to meet up with us in Befallen
    • Swore never to go back to Befallen ever... ever... EVER!
    • Killed crocs in South Ro
    • called it a night
    • Saturday morning we all got back in and went to Unrest. Got great experience, but never got to move in the house because there was never a camp open
    • Killed a swirling set of blades and such that tried to jump us in Unrest, and got a magical dagger
    • Killed spiders and frogs in Upper Guk
    • Managed to get a couple chest pieces and a shield from the large heart spider
    • Got a few int bracers from the squire and a mask for our enchanter
    • Sloshed around in the sewage of Freeport for a bit
    • called it a night
    • Sunday got up early and took the group to Solusek Eye
    • Got trained by a 6 boxer (druid and 5 mages) because she decided our camp was hers. Group wiped. We recovered and went back to the camp. She didn't win the war
    • Got a chest piece from the foreman, boots from the kobold predator, and two earrings from Cinge. Had a great time and killed lots of gobbies
    • Got my black smithing up to 85 and was broke yet again
    • called it a night
    • Woke up early Monday morning, and put a group together (pre-made was at work.. I took the day off) and went to Upper Guk
    • Got down to the Shin Lord camp, he was up, pulled him, got rofflecopter stomped by him and his buddies
    • pulled corpses to zone line, rezzed, went to lunch
    • Got my pre-made group together after they got home from work
    • Went back to Upper Guk, and camped the 3way camp
    • Then moved to the Shin Lord camp
    • Killed the Shin Lord 2 times, and he dropped the bracer both times
    Ended the first weekend at level 25 for both Troll SK and Troll Shaman.

We had a lot of fun.

The experience is slow, but it is manageable with the anniversary experience bonus right now.
    Critt likes this.
  4. Chuuk Augur

I haven't played since Ragefire, but I'm liking it...although I'm not a huge fan of this truebox stuff. I have to break out my old crappy PC to chug along side my main to 2-box. Yes, I want to 2-box, and no, I don't want to group with you, so if I couldn't 2-box, I wouldn't play.

I started up a ENC / DRU duo on Faydwer and I'm trying to level up off the beaten path. I've about given up trying to speed rush to 50 or try and make hordes of cash. I hope to make enough kronos to just keep my 2-box afloat.

I went 1-4 killing rando stuff in Gfay.
    I went 4-10 killing rando stuff in BBM (chessboard, goblins, etc.)

I plan on getting up to lvl 12 on Faydwer (until I get bind), and then heading to exploe some of the lesser utilized dungeons. I'm thinking Runnyeye and/or Najena, then Permafrost once I can port.

Should be a fun journey!
    Risiko likes this.
  5. Gana Augur

• Created Human Monk in Freeport
    • Killed in West Freeport til 4
    • Moved to North Ro newbie area
    • Engaged an orc pawn with a cracked staff, some guy tried to KS me, then called me an for killing it. I equipped the staff. Suck it, KS-wannabe
    • Killed armadillos in NRo to 6
    • Spiders gang up on you...ran back to NRo after death
    • Scarabs gang up on you...ran back to NRo after death
    • Killed more armadillos
    • Moved to Commonlands wall by Nek Forest killing random stuff til 8
    • Moved to Orc 1, Lego+whole camp. Wipe. Move back to wall
    • Moved to Orc 1 at 10. Win.
    • Move to Crocs
    • Level to 12...call it a night
    • Got on afternoon on Saturday, solo a few crocs
    • Move to UGuk...no Monk love, run back to SRo, get invite to Orcs
    • Orcs nearly instant respawn by lake. Fast pulls, great xp. Sand Giants remove that xp
    • Level to 15, group breaks up, move to UGuk
    • Level to 18, move to LGuk zoneline, I pull 15, wipe (FD sucks)
    • Train up FD and Mend til out of money
    • Run back to UGuk
    • Move to LGuk zone, level to 21 (and a near full set of Mesh...Magic Hands)
    • Call it a night
    • Login Sunday, afk a lot for family time, run around and work on Monk sash quest
    • Called it a night, still 21 but with Orange Sash
    • Logged in Monday night, run to Sol A, get PUG, pull 3, try to FD off, druid heals me, train group, group breaks up
    • New group, kill goblins, pull Singe, Grats Int caster on earring, level 22
    • Called it a night
    Overall, the majority of my leveling has been with PUGs. People are generally friendly. Have grouped with individuals and boxers. No issues with anyone overrunning my group. The exp does seem slow, even with bonus exp, however, if you kill mainly yellow/red, exp seems fast. PUGs are not as chatty as I recall, almost business like. Some people quit group on short/no notice after a death. Lighten up, peeps...deaths happen in EQ.
    Looking forward to getting even more levels tonight. Sol A is great at this level. At 25, looking to move to Splitpaw or Lower Guk. Having a blast. I was never a PUG guy, but enjoying this time around.
    Risiko likes this.
  6. Evilrick New Member

Had a lot of fun leveling up clr/ench/mag until today I go to log in clr/ench are fine mage vanished and no longer at character screen. So my leveling is haulted until DB decides to find my character. Fun stuff lol Was great until this
  7. Husceal New Member

This topic is fun... Sorry for my English :( .

• Created Necromancer Gnome...
    • 73573 gnomes kill everything, 20% after 1h /played... /camp
    • Created Ogre Warrior
    • Less people here, go to lvl 4
    • Warrior is not a good idea... /camp
    • Night time (europe)
    • Created Necromancer Gnome saturday afternoon
    • Less people, lets go kill some stuff
    • Reach lvl 3 and delete for...
    • Created Ogre Warrior... WOUHOU
    • lvl 4, warrior can't cast and is group friendly... Delete
    • Night time...!
    • Created Ogre Shaman... GROUMPY!!
    • Killing lot of lizard, spiders and bears... Lot of spell, lets go with this one, the adventure begin...
    • /camp need to go work... :(
    Now Groumpy will be my main, want to heal, buff and love everything... ! :)
    Gana and Risiko like this.
  8. vylo Augur

- made cleric because fast groups and like group healing
    - day 1 start off as a dwarf. Leave BB at lvl 2 because it is a garbage dump.
    - Join general slaughter PUG in gfay
    - we get bored and decide to do CB at lvl 3
    - at lvl 4 we decide to tackle a legionarraire. It cost us 3 lives, but he died, raid boss defeated
    - do trainer hill until 6 and then decide to do wall
    - exciting times through lvl 11, decide we want more madness, move to unrest
    - unrest ZEM has been murdered, end night at 15
    - log back on in unrest, most of last group is back on again, we restart in MR
    - garbage exp, by 16 we leave for uguk
    - uguk is all we hoped it could be, I somehow manage not to die all the way to 25. go to sleep
    - third day start off in uguk, but soon move to live side lower. Reds everywhere, several dicey trains, but no wipes (2 evacs total I think). End up going over to dead side near the end, day ends at 35
    - monday its /supp time, everyone gets a mask, we head to exe. tons of drops, only the occassional monk explosion from 93839 ghouls coming for his soul.
    - have to go to work today, but ended the weekend at 40 with only pug groups. Doesn't seem too bad.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

10. Accipiter Old Timer

To each his own. :)
  11. Lantherion Elder

leveled an sk to 34 then realized i didn't see a future in the server after the exp bonus ends. Also coirnav was by far the least populated TLP launch.
    jaybee7090 and Crayon123 like this.
  12. Crayon123 Augur

Pretty much this, was fun on launch day but quickly realized it wasn't going to be something I was interested in for the long run. Cut my losses early and moved on until something more interesting comes out, without the ridiculous XP curve that will keep new players away.
  13. Wazzat New Member

TLP newb here. returning after a 14ish year break. I played on some standard servers recently, while fun.. I didn't get the nostalgia I was hoping for. Coirnav provided the nostalgia I was hoping for in spades.

The grouping experience was what I remembered in the early days of EQ. People are eager to group. That was the thing I loved most about the original. I know grouping with real people isn't for everyone. You do your thing and I'll do mine.

I don't have the time to keep up with the EQ lifers. I know my level will drop behind the general server population. When I can no longer readily group with others because I'm to low level.. I'll move on to do something else. I won't get salty. I won't flame others because they are having fun and I am not.

That's the one thing I don't like about coming back. the Forum community is quite caustic. I've seen several posts where someone simply stated they were having fun and the thread immediately gets high jacked by salty veterans telling the OP why they are wrong and couldn't possibly be having fun.

..and oops I'm sure that's going to cause some flames.

Back to the OP.

• Started a Dwarf Cleric.
    • Loving Grouping
    • I have no problems with slow XP. I played the original.
    • The current XP/Grouping dynamics is what I want.
    • I will be here as long as I can group with real people.
    Gana likes this.
  14. Critt Augur

• Made a monk (never been human before god their night vision is terrible, why can't dark elves be monks. maybe i should go back to rogue...)
    • Started punching rats noticed i was hitting with both hands and killing things in less than 3 minutes (perhaps there is something to monk vs rogue after all)
    • Moved to common lands because wfp was just too crowded to stay in the noobie zone.
    • grouped with other level 2's started killing in earnest...died to a train of wolves, bears, spiders and beetles who knew those things teamed up....
    • Group moves to nro and we slaughter hordes of rattle snakes and coyotes..Make level 5 try a derv camp an get slaughtered by Dervish Thug....
    • Regroup and move to befallen (fantastic xp, evil trains) Back to CL and orc camp
    • Make level 7 say good bye to my new friends and move to gfay to group with some guildies who are just getting on.
    • slaughter lots of skellies and drakes and then move to CB once they are level 5
    • commit orc genocide (sorry I know orc lives matter)
    • move to sro and begin croc culling.....am culled by lockjaw....
    • back to croc culling am wary of the beast that lurks nearby though.
    • Head off to guk after many croc meat dinners.
    • hang in guk killing frogs until my daughter says I must stop because they are cute....
    • Move to CT at 22 enjoy new pug of people from unforseen or something like that...
    • Move again with this pug to Paw and go from 22 to 31 in 4 hours awesome pug!! (lots of red cons and xp pots)
    • Finish off Sunday night in Frenzy with guild group make it to 32 before going to bed
    • Stuck at work posting on forums now.....
    Jenarie, Risiko and Gana like this.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hit level 3.
    Burned out.
    Enjoyed some casual raiding on Agnarr.
  16. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

Banded all day and all night.

Something like 35-45 full sets of banded.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Just no point is there.
    When they pull their head out of that dark orifice it is crammed into I will spend money, otherwise lots to spend money on that does not frustrate the crap out of me.

BTW played back the early days also and guess what the xp grind is what put me off it then too so...
  18. CM99games Journeyman

Overall a good server launch compared to Agnarr. This time all of my friends were able to log in on day 1 and my livestream only crashed once when zoning. The exp rate is slower than Agnarr, but that's turning out to be a good thing because we'll be going to a variety of places instead of leveling in 3 dungeon until we're 40+.

Day 1 we went to Crushbone at level 1
    Day 2 and 3 were Unrest
    Day 4 was South Ro orcs

Level 16 so far!
    Risiko likes this.
  19. Sonyeq Journeyman

Had a semi pre-made to level up with so I made a necro instead of a rogue so that I wouldn't feel like I was dragging the group down while they were doing their mad rush to 50. Got to 30 by Sunday morning, decided that I'm only delaying the inevitable that is going to happen anyways so I decided just to re-roll to a rogue already and just get it over with.

Made the Rogue Monday night after work, solo'd and pugged my way to Level 7. Feels good, feels like there is no rush to level now that I'm not in a static group so I can take my time (and leveling a rogue in classic will defiantly take time since since I've done it on Ragefire/Phinny/Agnarr already and know how hard it can be to find groups at times).

Sitting here at work wondering if I'm going to kick myself in the again later for not deciding to make a Monk or Wizard instead of a rogue for the 4th time now.... but I enjoy playing an under-represented class and Monks seem to have the highest representation for a typically non-boxed dps class (there is more necros and mages but they seem to be the favorites to box).
  20. Green_Mage Augur

Monks and Necros are a lot more common until Luclin hits or so...then those classes go back to be a bit underplayed. Mages are extremely underplayed except during classic/kunark from what I've seen.