First time being SK, no one is able to buff me, says I am protected???

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zeddatt, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Zeddatt New Member

This has never happened to me before. I normally am a Druid or Shaman, of all levels. I was gone for years and am back again (was a work thing) and wanted to see what a SK can do, I am level 13 just now and all of a sudden no one can buff me, and it shows on my side in red, you are PROTECTED??? I have checked all settings and find nothing about that, never had this happen before. What is the fix here???
  2. Herf Augur

Which zones is this happening in? Also, some buffs can only be applied when you are grouped with people.
  3. Aiona Augur

Also, only spells level 50 or lower will work for you until character level 40, which is when higher level spells start landing on you as you gain more levels.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

You play on a PVP server or your player character name is red ?
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

If your race is a gnome and has ever played the "17th Anniversary: ​​Drunken Gnome Race", you will be red named.
    In that case, it's a quest specification, so I can't do anything.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

7. GNOME_POWER Augur

I'm not a daybreak person. just a player.

In my case, zoning when there is a lag sometimes bugs out and even invisible AA sometimes shows a protection message. Rezoning will fix it.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

From the other thread in bug forum the 2 possibilities are
    1. You flagged pvp. Is your name red?
    2. You're bugged.

Im almost certain that no other possibility has the YOU ARE PROTECTED text, no not even invulnerability.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

hopefully you did give back a book to the
    Priest of Discord
  10. Vhivi Elder

I have seen the "you are protected" message several times. Usually it is because a spell meant to be cast on group members was cast on you (e.g. invisibility/camouflage). Another time is because a higher level cast a spell on you (such as SOW) and a lower level tried it but it did not overwrite.