First Annual Running of the Bobs on Yelinak TLP - Monday 8pm PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RunningoftheBobs, Sep 24, 2022.

1. RunningoftheBobs New Member

Hosted by <Stop Yelinak Us> and Mr. Priestly

First Annual Running of the Bobs Monday Night at 8pm. Rules: Meet in GFAY, You must create either an High Elf, Wood Elf, Dwarf. And Name it Bobwhateveryouwant as long as the name starts with Bob. Must be level 1. You are not allowed to receive any buffs from players. When you create your character go talk to the priest of discord and turn on your pvp flag (This is to make it more spicy and exciting.) Run starts at the Spires in Gfay, and you must Run to Qeynos. You are NOT allowed to port or receive help from other players. If you die you must sit down and log out and call it out in the Discord Channel. First Prize, Hosted by me Mr. Priestly is 2KR to the First person to make it alive. Second Price Wins 10kpp. Third Wins 200 Misty Picnics. Meet up is at 8pm PST on Monday Night at the Gfay Spires. If possible to get a head count please reply to this thread. We were talking about this earlier and i thought it would be an awesome event to see a raid of bobs doing a death run. Ill have a zone map planned out before monday night of where to run to. Participating Players will only be allowed to travel by boat and or foot.

The only requirement is that you have fun doing it.

Here is the Zone Paths for Tomorrow Night's Death Run ===> Felwithe --> Gfay --> Butcherblock ---> Boat ride to Freeport ---> East Commons ---> West Commons ---> Kithicor ---> Highpass ---> East Karana ---> North Karana ---> West Karana ---> Qeynos Hills ----> Qeynos
    [12:28 AM]
    I will be playing as Mr. Priestly and not participating in the run to help facilitate the event and rez people who die. We will all form up into a raid at 8pm at the Wizard Spires in Greater Faydark. Reminder: You must be Level 1, PVP Flagged from the Discord, and you cannot have any buffs/shrinks of any kind. This is a death run. You may not port, or deviate from the assigned course above. This is a purge event. You can kill your fellow contestants or use any spells or skills that your character comes with on creation. You cannot equip any items your character doesn't come with so no fungi tunics, no fungi staffs, no twink gear. ZIP. Naked as the day you were birthed. You can only be one of three races. Wood Elf, High Elf, or Dwarf. Your name must start with Bob but it can be anything else after that aka "Boblongwongs" "Bobthebutler" "Bobthedonkeyshow" etc. You get two lives. You must /msg Priestly or call it out in the raid channel which will be "Tim Hortons"... After you die you are welcome to spectate but you must log off your character and announce your death if you die a second time. Thats it.
    I hope someone can record the event. I will be live streaming it on Twitch for fun.
    Duder and niente like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I approve this message
  3. RunningoftheBobs New Member

First turn out was pretty good for a new thing. We learned some things and will be back with another event soon!
    Duder likes this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

More notice next time please, just read this
    Duder likes this.
  5. Duder Augur

Player run events like these are fantastic and great for servers' health. I was not a part of this event but thank you for running it. The previous poster before mine mentioned more notice. I am unsure how much notice you had given but this is not the first time I read the thread, however, by the time I had, the event was over as indicated by the replies. So I think jeskola may be onto something in giving the little more notice. But keep it up and thank you for doing a positive thing for the Yelinak community!