Firiona Vie - Spruce Bridge Hollows

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tsolaes, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Tsolaes Elder

Just thought I'd repost some of my neighborhood's neat housing plots, since we don't have a Housing forum anymore! R.I.P Housing Forum
    =============================================================
    Come visit one of FV's largest neighborhoods: Spruce Bridge Hollows! Populated by the Wayfarer's Elite, this sprawling land of amazing sights will delight anyone who enjoys touring the Sunrise Hills. There are Spruces! Bridges! And a few Hollows!!

As you venture along the path to Brimming Way, you may notice a giant guild hall atop the Great Deku Tree.

[IMG]

Look to the left and you will see a vast collection of trees and ruins that reach to the sky!

[IMG]

Welcome to Elite Woods, a resort village for all to enjoy. Built around the ruins of an ancient Kerran tribe, it offers many sights to see and secrets to find.

[IMG]

Most plots here overlap each other, creating a giant mega-plot of forest that is easy to get lost in.

[IMG]

Stop by the Elite Carnival and play some games. Take a ride on the ferris wheel. Tour the "Fear Hut", a haunted home possessed by two ghosts stuck in a personal purgatory.

[IMG]

Relax in a 5-star Cabana, take a ride in a hot-air balloon, and enjoy the retro rocket ride!

[IMG]

For a better view, take a trip to the top of Nighon Tower, named after our guild decorator. She helped make most of the buildings and does amazing work!

[IMG]

From the tower you can see the many areas in the woods. In the lower center you can see a Temple of E'ci, and to the right is the dwarven once used to restore some of the ruins. Beyond the forest is another snow-covered ruins area.

[IMG]

Can you find all the hidden things in the area? Here are some examples!

A secret dwarf cave with a guard bear.

[IMG]

A lovely area for our many horses to graze.

[IMG]

Can you make it to the top of the old crane without levitation? With a good running start, you can jump to the other plots without ever touching the ground.

[IMG]

Be sure to say Hi to the local worker dwarves.

[IMG]

An ancient graveyard, where those that bravely defended the Hollows in the past are honoured.

[IMG]

A meteorite impact.

[IMG]

Relax on the floating gardens!

[IMG]

As you head west, you will see the snowy ruins area.

[IMG]

These ancient Kerran temples and statues honour the brave Vah who saved them 1000 years in the past.

[IMG]

This temple seals in a great evil that once terrorized the land.

[IMG]

A hilltop ruin magically restored by Rowdamus and Picadilly, more fine decorators who help make this land the best. Be sure to stop by the Kitty Club below!

[IMG]
  2. Tsolaes Elder

As you head north to the Park area, you may notice a vast Sky Garden grown above many of the plots.

[IMG]

Welcome to Elite Park! Stop by the Inn if you need a place to rest.

[IMG]

Here is my personal plot! Its a Hermits Hut (Dragon House) and I've got my handy air ship parked up above.

[IMG]

There is a secret path to the top of the Sky Garden.

[IMG]

Here is a nice view from the top! A great place for a romantic date.

[IMG]

As you head North-East, you may see mountains peeking over the ridge.

[IMG]

Elite Peak is the highest mountain in all the Hollows!

[IMG]

Can you make the climb to the top? Be sure to stay on the snowy path or you might fall!

[IMG]

Going back to the Kerran Temple (in the first post), you may wonder about the myth of the Fear House that filled the land with evil 1000 years ago. If you travel back in time (enter the guild hall there) you will find yourself in a well, as there was once a large hill here.

[IMG]

A mysterious dwarf stands near a graveyard. What could he be up to?

[IMG]

Below the graveyard, you can see the corpses of the buried demons and their victims.

[IMG]

You may find the sewers underground, leading you to a massive drain.

[IMG]

Take a wrong turn, and you might end up in the Rock Demon's lair!

[IMG]

If you find your way out of the sewers and to the hilltop, be careful! The residents of the Fear House are not very welcoming.

[IMG]

Dare you enter the legendary House of Evil?

[IMG]

Looks like some is getting married inside. Some guy named Beetlejuice and his lady Lydia.

[IMG]

Want to enjoy the game room? In the Fear House, the game room enjoys YOU!

[IMG]

A poor dwarf subjected to the horrors of the house. Is there a way to save them from this fate?

[IMG]

Even Cazic-Thule dined here with his loyal followers!

[IMG]

Some Man from Another Place says: "This is the waiting room. Would you like some coffee? Some of your friends are here."

[IMG]
  3. Tsolaes Elder

To experience the Fear House in all its glory, contact Tsolaes on Firiona Vie to schedule a tour. I am on a few evenings a week. This is an interactive quest experience about an hour long. You can learn the legend of the Fear House, and possibly save the area from the blight of evil! There are four 'zones' that you can explore to help solve the mystery.

Here is a preview of who might show up, should you challenge the power of Fear!

[IMG]

I may post a complete picture version of the quest soon. Enjoy! =^_^=
    IceSy, Sheex, Mayfaire and 2 others like this.
  4. Addikeys Elder

So great! Love it!
  5. Vlad Diszno Augur

I do recall that w/out you to show me around, I would have missed a fair amount of your efforts in decorating this neighborhood. There are some areas I just wouldn't have thought of trekking into or gave up on getting to others while visiting solo.

I admire those that can decorate so much of a neighborhood. In your case, pulling it together under a theme, while others have a wonderful variety of homes and yards in a rich neighborhood.

I don't thing I'll ever get that far. I'm too nitpicky able getting a house just right and spend so much time working at that. Most of my neighborhoods are either a wasteland or a junkyard as I often plop items onto yards to get them out of my inventory. And the insides of the storage houses are no better.
    Heh, even now I find myself going back to previously 'done' homes and tweeking them.
  6. Lingum Elder

There used to be a really cool one on Test that had skybridges just like City of Mist. I ran into it looking for guildhalls and houses for the achievement.
  7. Tsolaes Elder

RIP Housing Forum
    Aghinem likes this.
  8. Hayzeus Augur

I spent over an hour wandering around these areas, and I am so impressed by the imagination put into these plots. In that hour, I'm convinced I still missed half of it.

There are tours avaialble, and it's worthwhile to take them. I did (after much searching) finally find a way into the guild house, and inside that guild house is a wonderland. One wing is a long pathway through a storyland of surprises. You can't even see the brick walls *anywhere* in this wing. You have no way of knowing that you are actually inside of a building... it's bloody amazing.

Please bring back the housing/tradeskill forum. Daybreak needs to fix the mistake that they made in axing this one forum. The rest of them... no one seems to miss them. The Housing forum gets mentioned regularly, and Daybreak needs to realize that this is indicative of a mistake on their part.

For the rest of the players... holy smokes... go check out this suburb. I'd suggest having levitate in order to get into all the corners.
    Mastermind likes this.
  9. Pussycat New Member

Too bad the Old Housing/Tradeskilling Forum wasn't classified as a historical landmark so it couldn't be easily altered/ destroyed. Even if there wasn't a constant stream of posts, it wasn't as hard to find a particular post when one wanted to, like to look up house/neighborhood address or posts on Player Studio items.

I imagine it makes folks less likely to post about their houses as they will likely get less feedback.

Edit: I forgot to log back in as Vlad. Only made this handle for 1 post about the "What's New" feature of the forums
  10. Tsolaes Elder

RIP Housing Forum
  11. Tsolaes Elder

RIP Housing Forum
  12. Melanippe Augur

Kudos! Marvelously creative! Thank you for sharing !!!
  13. Tsolaes Elder

Just bumping an old post to remind people of the lovely Spruce Bridge Hollows on FV!
    Mastermind and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Thank you for bumping this. It slipped past me somehow and I never saw it. What work! What imagination! Beautiful! So much effort. Makes my little stuff look like playskool.
    Egat likes this.
  15. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

I've enjoyed the EQ housing system far more than the systems in many of EQ's competitors. I think it's due to the creativity of the players and our ability to customize so many varied items and place them just about wherever we want. If only we had a way to increase the number of items in our yards.
    Mastermind and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Alicia New Member

I have a place on The Rathe, I went to all the house's in the contest, to get Idea's . And wow was I surprised, there is some great creative ideas, I am impressed on the one on povar that made the pirate, and Ice-cream truck, who would have though to use a aug pool to make a truck.I also liked the one on Drinal.So if anyone has time I say go check out the houses in the contest.Made me smile.
    Egat, Mastermind and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

18. IceSy Augur

I need to be able to be able to find the time again to come to each of the servers and visit everyone and their wonderful decorated houses!
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Tsolaes Elder

Just bumping an old post again to remind people of the lovely Spruce Bridge Hollows on FV!
    IceSy likes this.