Firiona Vie Roleplaying Comeback Experiment (Very long post)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by VZRetro, Apr 19, 2017.

1. MelediWeaver Journeyman

The same :) Before that League of Honour and League of Shadows.
  2. Cakekizy New Member

How could you even LARP in game. That's kinda impossible by definition.
  3. VZRetro Lorekeeper

Most of the RP I was ever involved in back in the day was just a buncha people sitting around typing and not really doing anything... LARPing involves actually playing it out instead of sitting around typing :D

Not impossible at all :D
  4. Errikkx New Member

Hello I'm interested in your guild if you could give me an ingame shout would be appreciated, Errkkx
  5. Galdill New Member

I used to play on FV for a while in a RP guild that only had small races in it (<Halfheight Heroes> led by Hailhammer Thunderstrike during Shadows of Luclin/Planes of Power era). Anyhow, to maybe answer one of your questions is there was a Trivial Loot Code on the server...which meant if you killed a rare that would yield loot and yielded no experience to you, then you would not get the item(s) from that rare mob. Also, when I played on FV, you could only have 1 Character per account on that server. If you wanted to play something else...you had to delete your character and start a new level 1 char that you want to play and level it up. So when the RP server came out it tried to do this(I am guessing some things here) :

- only have 1 char per account for the server. (this is probably the role-playing reason before the developers aloud EQ players to have more than 1 character on the server but I could be dead wrong)
    - loot that would normally be no trade on a regular server is tradable on this server. I remember some Epic loot were No trade on the server actually but that was it.
    - if you consider a rare mob grey, then you will not get its rare loot
    - characters start out knowing their race's language only(there is no common language)

if anyone wants to add to this and maybe have a better answer from the early days of playing on RP server, Please do! =)
  6. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Agreed.

For me, personally, I would RP and the like on Agnarr, not FV because I do not like the rule set. If you had an RP group there, I'd be on it.

But, your background in your first post bothers me. Maybe I'm too much into certain lore, but I can't get behind an entirely new kingdom in the game. There is a difference between making a dark elf not a hateful jerk, and moving away from EQ lore and making it odd (and I don't remember anywhere in EQ lore that says you HAVE to be a jerk as a dark elf).