Fire Beetles

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jiri_, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Zert Journeyman

quest isn't even that good xp you could get better xp from a good PL group.
  2. Hybrid Moments New Member

This is very true, although you would need one hell of a PL to beat the exp gain from 1-15ish.

The brief time the servers we're up, I noticed fire beetles we're still spawning and dropping eyes in Paineel.
  3. jiri_ Augur

Right, but saying that this quest isn't quite as good as getting powerleveled isn't really, like, the best advertisement for it being ok.
  4. jiri_ Augur

5. Accipiter Old Timer

How are you defining "autofire"?
    1. EQ /autofire command - only for ranged attacks?
    2. AutoHotKey - a 3rd party app for automating/scripting keystrokes
    3. A programmable keyboard
    4. Something else (please elaborate)
    I'm curious because I've heard you say this several times.
  6. jiri_ Augur

I'd like to add the option, which falls somewhere between #2 and #3 on your list of an auto-clicker. It's not quite scripting, and it isn't hardware-based like a programmable macro on a keyboard or mouse. It's just a simple 3rd party program that sends a mouse click every x seconds.
  7. Vaclav Augur

*If attended.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

AutoHotKey does that as well.
  9. jiri_ Augur

I am mortified that I appear to have missed a comma in my previous comment and am unable to edit it in.
  10. jiri_ Augur

Yeah, I figured, though AHK is a bigger and more extensive program.
  11. nickk New Member

Thank you
  12. Hypersonic New Member

If you want to disrupt an unattended macro farming fire beetles, just mes one as pet's can't attack a creature that is mes. They won't respawn as long as one is alive. If they notice they aren't killing anything and starting looking around to figure out why, you'll know they were in fact watching it. I don't know if charming will work but I know mes does.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

You didn't answer my question about what autofire means.
  14. nickk New Member

first to hypersonic mez only works when im out of mana and cant dispell it...sadly im never out of mana killing beetles so id just dispell and kill (youd run oom before i would in that tactic) ive dealt with it before and ive lost no time and didnt have to eave spot to follow mezzed beetles. I just add a spell cast to my hotkey and boom mez = failure

secondly to accipter i didnt see your question. I know most everyone reads every post in threads im not like you nerds i dont read beyond what is on my screen when i scroll to the bottom of a thread. So ask away and hope it doesnt get 5 posts deep. You eq forum lovers just dont matter to me nor do you of most everyone else. = /
  15. jiri_ Augur

Reposting for the second time. Don't dodge, now.
  16. Sephilon New Member

For what it's worth Nickk sold me a couple K worth of eyes and was great about it. He even came to me in the FP bank so I didn't have to run my alt anywhere. He also answered a couple of questions I had about faction and what was needed on the quest etc.
  17. nickk New Member

I dont dodge i just dont see. Now that i see i dont scam as the person above says and im about to sell 4k eyes right now to sliq (new alt wanting to lvl to 17) in neriak now.

See when theres copetition especially from bigger guilds and they are losing such a silly copetition like fire beetle eyes they will go to certain means and slander. So my ignorant friend theres just a few people who farm eyes too and figure calling me a scammer (hey im guildless it should be easy to convince people!!) i am a scammer. Sadly for them it has only BOOSTED my sales and got the word out better for me and on top of that i dont parcel and only trade what is in trade windows (i wont accept krono anymore due to that and just accept plat and if i have 1280 eyes in one trade we break it down into plat each trade if it requires more than 8 slots per trade, thereby lol'ing at all the "scammer" talk)

Its just a means to try and hinder my sales and keep them getting sales or make it not worth farming, sadly theyve only helped me. (as the person above mentioned and thank you person above you were great to work with and sorry i missed your tells too i was afk...no not farming eyes lol)
  18. Ducreux Augur

You aren't getting a level every 2 hours doing this 40+. Having farmed eyes to level a druid 1-33 I can tell you that an uncontested beetle spawn (3 spawns per pop) will yield around 110 stacks of eyes in around 3hours. At 32 that's barely enough to hit 33 and I'd have to assume it is a bit slower 40+.

Meanwhile I can duo with my 50 mage at 33 and make a level every 1.5 hours currently but I'm waiting for the next double xp weekend so I don't blow my brains out.

Eyes are a nice way of avoiding the tedium of leveling an alt the traditional way with the current xp rates, but are basically a nonissue for anyone that isn't a level 2 erudite cazic-thule worshipper.

Don't get me wrong, it was a very easy way to level my druid up to 33 while I watched netflix on my other monitor, but I would much rather have "normal" exp rates and powerlevel the old fashioned way.
  19. nickk New Member

If youre only getting 110 stacks in 3 hours youre doing something wrong xp at 42 is 1.5% per 4 stacks (full turn in) 3% per 8 slot bags 24%-25% per inventory and i can rifle through that. Yes i get a lvl per 2 hours from 40-45. It sucks if youre not and you want to but i am and did during non double xp (currently) I guess im more efficient than you in something (let me guess youll say lying lol)

But dont worry about me ill do me you do you and you enjoy whatever rate you are getting and ill enjoy mine la~
  20. Ducreux Augur

[IMG]