Finding Characters

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by rellikelf, Apr 16, 2018.

1. rellikelf New Member

Hey!,
    After almost 20 years i thought i would come back and play a game i played back in beta, or whatever they called it back then. I recovered my account but cannot find any characters. All of my characters were pretty odd names and those names are not available to use so i assume the characters are still out there somewhere. I checked all the servers. The last one i remember being on was Karana server which looks like it went to The Rathe back in 05. But iw ant to say they did a merger before that and offered free server moves so i dont know which i was on before i left. Any suggestions?

Mike
  2. Wijimoto Journeyman

If you clicked through the various servers to the character login screen and didn't see them, you're going to have to contact customer service. I'm not sure they will have the data still, but it's worth a try.
  3. rellikelf New Member

Thanks, i did click through the servers. I also placed a petition. Cross your fingers.
  4. Yruc Augur

How many character slots do you have available on any server? is it 0/2? 0/4 or 0/8 ? This is a quick way to tell if your account is Free to play (0/2), silver (0/4) or all access 0/8.

If you are logged into your old account it should be silver and you should have 0/4 available. If it is only 2 then you are on a free to play account.

So if you are on a silver account or all access (paid monthly fee) then what level where your characters? They have done a couple of wipes of low level characters, i think characters below 10 that had not been played in like 1 year or something several years ago.. So if you had a few low level ones they would most likely be gone (i lost a couple mules that way)

Otherwise if your characters are over level 10 they should be on a server somewhere, unless deleted from the character select screen.

You can check server merge history on this link. I also played on Karana back in the day and at some point Karana merged and is now The Rathe
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231264868-Server-Merge-History
    moogs likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At the top of the list of characters box it says "All Access" (in gold) "Silver" (in silver) or "Free" (in green) so even if your characters don't show you can tell that way. But your right - make to sign into the right account.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Also you can look in your game folder (wherever it may be)...\installed games\everquest\ and search for *_characters.ini Open as text file. This should contain a list of Charactername,Server that have logged in from that launcher.

It may be incomplete, especially when they're older. Also it may list them all in an AccountName_characters.ini when they are different accounts. It doesn't show accounts in the list so you'll still have to do a bit of sleuthing if you had more than one account.
  7. Alekzandre Augur

I don't think that Data would be there due to him not playing for some time. He is using a different hard drive and game install. IIRC those character . ini files are not created until you have logged a character into a server.

OP. You will have to open a ticket with CS on this. Since you tried to use the names you used, and they are not available, they are in use, or reserved for some reason. This is why you need to contact CS.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Taetew Lorekeeper

Wow I wish I could remember my old account (I'm an old geezer now) my memory is crap. I had a pretty decked out Troll warrior named "Nuglug" and an iksar monk named "Taetew" I think on the povar server, I was in a top guild called "Harmonium"... wonder if any of the old timers are playing