Find Item Functionality

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qbert, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Qbert Gallifreyan

Thank you for adding this. I also like that you gave it a familiar format.

Please consider (for possible future enhancement): it would be swell to have the ability to search items on real estate plots for which your character is a co-owner or whatever the threshold level is that lets one take non-owned tradeable items. I can sort of see that now, but filtering for a plot I don't own only reflects the items I own . . . not the entirety of the items to which I have viable access.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Would also be great to search parcels and all toons on the account with some sort of drop down menu. Would save a ton of time searching for items.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is a great improvement. To show everything you have viable access to would take a lot of file room I would think especially with all 14 character slots full and each character owning 2 houses and the ability to co own many many more. And I can see why it is not working with parcels since once an item is in parcels you no longer own it to the point if its lore you can pick up a second one. Just my thoughts and opinions, not arguing or putting down anyone's posts.

Anyway I am happy with the feature and thank you dev's for putting it into the game. My improvement would be to take out the "delete" button since I know I am going to hit that by mistake lol.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

This is an outstanding improvement. Great job on this DBG, thanks.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I didn't realize I had so much junk laying around everywhere.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I wonder if this is the tool GM's use to find "lost" items when people file petitions. Less petitions and a really useful tool = WIN! :)
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I also agree it would be nice to search houses you are co owner of. Any responses from a developer would be much appreciated if this is a consideration before I do a complete overhaul of my houses to make this function as it currently works.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'd really love to be able to limit the location further. Down from Inventory to Inventory or Equipped.

Would make filtering through worn Augments much more simple. So that a lot of the random Augments you have sitting in clickies don't pop up in your find searches.

Being able to filter a few stats simultaneously would also be neat. Being able to have columns for Stat 1, 2 and 3 for example Heroic Wis, HP and AC, etc.
  9. Brovaar Elder

True in theory but there is a bug with parcel that caused me to lose a white dragon hide used in the White Dragonscale Cloak quest. My enchanter had a dragon hide on him to do the quest and I had a different toon parcel another dragon hide to him so I can repeat the quest. No problem with a lore item so far. When I put the dragon hide into the trade window with the NPC I canceled the trade because I forgot some other component I needed. Once I cancelled the trade the item went poof. It is because there was a lore dragon hide sitting in parcel for that toon.