Final Confrontation request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Recnarp, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Recnarp Augur

Please change the following for this raid:
    -12 players not being required to open the chest
    -You can taskadd players at anytime

Just 3 boxed the event, found out you need 12 in zone to open the chest. I then started loading up more boxes and then found out the task is locked. GG
  2. Tobynn Augur

The 12-player thing was imposed 3 years ago when the raid was being heavily farmed via exploits. Don't hold your breath on seeing any changes now. You can thank all the people that have flying sokokar mounts on every one of their alts ~
    Vuncar likes this.
  3. Hatsee Augur

Sure but as people continued to push for changes similar to this for other events this is a reasonable request. I'd like to add Rallos Returns to this as well as it was also exploited but now even without that I'm sure that some classes can solo it. Should be an easy enough change.
  4. Tobynn Augur

People are pushing to have expolit prevention mechanics removed from other events? I must have missed that thread.
  5. Hatsee Augur

I don't care if someone exploited it 4 years ago, nor should anyone. It's an artificial requirement that simply doesn't belong in the game that was slapped on to cover bad design.

Yes this was a topic of several threads in the past, sorry if you missed it.
    Ishtass likes this.
  6. Recnarp Augur

Hatsee said it best, plus this isn't relevant content anymore for the majority.

Please consider the changes.
  7. Tobynn Augur

Remove the slapped on requirement, re-enabling the exploits that the slap was specifically intended to prohibit. Good luck with that argument. Hey devs, since its old content, what could it hurt to facilitate exploiting it once again, like we did in the old days?

Several threads in the past dealt with reduction of body count requirements to request/trigger raid events. None of those threads dealt with removing requirements specifically implemented to disallow exploits. None.

Your spin is weak.
  8. shiftie Augur

A group can kill these raids legit and a few classes could solo them. No reason to require 12 people anymore. Doing them with 1 person while it was current content was an exploit. Doing it now with 1 person when you are 10 soon to be 15 levels higher than the content is akin to making tacvi or anguish require 12 people in zone to loot those. I think we can both agree that would be sort of silly.
    Ishtass likes this.
  9. Ronak Augur

Some one might exploit any event, not just this one. I don't think that's grounds for requiring 12 in zone to open a chest. Not when it's legit beatable with 2 people now.
  10. Hatsee Augur

My spin? I'm saying that if we can actually solo these raids as they are intended to be done that these requirements are nonsense.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Like the others said, if it is possible to legitmately beat the event with 1 or 2 people then anything that prevents those one or two people from reaping the rewards needs to be removed. Those are no longer exploit prevension mechanisms but in fact mechanisms to prevent people from even doing the content at all.
    Remove the 12 people in zone minimum to open chests on those raids; because they prevent more legit kills from being done than they prevent exploited ones.

As for being able to add people at any time, I don't really see a legitimate need for this. Sure it would be nice for everything (or almost everything) to not rot, but this was not added as an exploit preventer and is not preventing anyone who actually participated in the kill from getting their loot, just those who were in no way involved until after the event was completed.
  12. Recnarp Augur

So dzadding alts to loot chests or players who already have a lockout to double loot is fine, but taskadding for this raid is a no no?
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am under the impression that the task locking was in from the start and was not added in anyway shape or form due to exploiting which was occuring. So yes, it is a no no. They are not going back and removing task locking from old group content which is much older than the raid which you are discussing, and so I see absolutely no reason why raids should get their task adding relaxed while grouping will not. You can task add all those alts and players before the task locks if you are that worried about something rotting.

Yeah the old DZ's are a lot more lax on their requirements, not not sure when the whole requiring a lock out thing starts, but they were specifically designed for that to be possible. If you can find a Dev saying they changed this to no longer allow taskadds because of the exploiting then sure remove it, but to my knowledge this raid always had the task lock occur preventing characters from being added after a certain point.
  14. Recnarp Augur

Old dz's, you mean almost if not every dz allows players to come in and loot chests regardless if they have a lockout for it or not. Doesn't matter if the task was originally created that way or not, changes should be made.

But, I'm more concerned about the 12 people that are required to open the chest.
  15. Falos Augur

I've wanted to go do this raid with a friend for a long time but we've put it off solely because of the now meaningless 12 man requirement to loot the chest.. Honestly since t hey fixed the kite / training exploit that people used when it was a current raid there really is no reason it should have a min number of people required to loot.