Fight Fire

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horyuken Augur

+ 3 for Littlelegs :)
  2. Triconix Augur

I'm going to take Ngreth's side on this. Stop being tools and play the game the way it's meant to be played AKA not using clearly overlooked/missed things by a small dev crew to gain an advantage over the general population.

People complain there isn't enough to do in game and then turn around and run clearly shady tactics to attain stuff even faster. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Are farming collects/rares really that important that you need to chain farm missions to get them? Get a life.
    FawnTemplar and Elyssanda like this.
  3. Tolzol Augur

I mean this would fall under his use common sense clause i'd imagine. They either need to do loot lockouts or just do the lockout on request imo. But with loot lockouts you'd still be able to drop and reget for achievements which is considered an exploit also i guess.
  4. Repthor Augur

this should prolly not drop in an instance anyway

considdering the implication of spinning up multiple instances of said zone will multiply now, and could add to possible server instability on the instance servers ?

to make the game seem more poplulated it should drop in a static zone that will forces players to go group and see other ppl. static zone is the perfect recipe for non stop killing on a timer with the limitations of re spawns
    Tolzol likes this.
  5. Littlelegs Elder

"What good is a cake if you can't eat it?" -Billy Connolly

Also: Can I log into this game yet or wut
    FawnTemplar and Astral64 like this.
  6. Astral64 Augur

Littlelegs likes this.
  7. Tolzol Augur

In all fairness some HA's collections were rare as hell. Crypt of Sul HA in TBM was about as fun as aids to get collections from. Even with flipping them back then it took a good while to farm those ones as they were rare as hell. I get what you mean but still.
  8. Cleaver Augur

You're missing the point.

A previous producer said doing this to get collectibles/rares was not an exploit. So clearly no one was doing anything wrong and now all of the sudden one dev says its an exploit ? How about an update from the producer so people know what the policy actually is.
    Barton, Bronut, Cailen and 6 others like this.
  9. That0neguy Augur

Seems pretty simple. If you are abusing it, its an exploit.

Simple middle ground fix would be to put a replay timer on request that's 60min (or whatever is appropriate) and then full lockout when completed.
  10. Cailen Augur

Breaking News on CNN: Ngreth a Daybreak Games Developer encourages punching people in the face till they die!
    Sorry this thread needs more jokes ;-)
    are the servers up yet?
    Bronut, Ssdar, Lisard and 1 other person like this.
  11. Vdidar Augur

Looks like Ngreth had to go talk to someone since clearly it was acceptable until a couple hours ago.
    Littlelegs and Astral64 like this.
  12. NeverPayForLag Augur

oh man.. I don't believe this very day today...
    ..sorry guys but if some pretended to be in the IT branche then everybody should know

Rules can and should be programmed!
    Never let the customer decide on rules!
    If you cannot do that, leave your job asap and do something else!
    He USES the software. He should not be a rule setter or programmer apart the borders the software gives him!

That is the reason why he is called USER!

Even the programmer with the least ability learns that. Every IT guy at university learns it. Every electronics guy at university learns it, regardsless if these are state machines in verilog or VHDL or simple rulesets in the usual informatics field.

If that is not possible and we need now a telepathic human thought reading system and have to question everything we do in a PROGRAMMED game - please please stop doing software development and get a new job as bar keeper or things which have to do with anything else than software development.

I don't think that my university was so special and the development contracts so difficult... I am sure I would never gotten contracts or even would have worked a longer period of time in software and hardware development...

wow...
    unbelievable...
    Fadyena, monkOP, Drogba and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bahdah Augur

People, please.. Give Ngreth time to reply...
    Vdidar likes this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

And on the plus side, it will give them time to obtain their pitchforks and light their torches?
    Brohg, Fanra and Bahdah like this.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

A simple update to the rules saying THIS expansions missions can't be flipped to get the chase loot is sufficient. (Then add a loot lock to the missions so it can't be done at all either way.) Saying all of them, including the HA's when it was previously specifically changed to give the xp at the end AND said to be ok to do so would be pretty unfair to everyone.

And can we have a thread where people are polite, to both Ngreth and each other for once? Just once? Damn...
    Sancus and Ssdar like this.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The hypocrisy of punishing players for not relying on "common sense" while creating game content that requires and encourages random experimentation and creative solutions is absurd.

"Common sense" implies that there is a path that all players should know. But then you design the game with little-to-no direction, unreasonably vague rules, and coded mechanics that encourage the behaviors you later choose to ban people for. And on top of your vague design decisions and communication, content is released with so many bugs that no reasonable person is able to know whether something is by design or a bug. But you still ban the people who subject themselves to your will.
  17. Triconix Augur

You're clearly missing the point. Collects that are meant to be in it's specific instance is one thing. If you progress to the point where the collect spawn that means you've achieved them by means the developers deemed kosher. Collects that should be found in static zones or appropriate zones by design and are being collected by other means such as flipping instances to avoid competition is a clear and obvious exploit. Same goes with rare loots or whatever reason why somebody would flip an instance. An exploit is an exploit. There are no gray lines. Stop being a jack*** and play the game the way it should be played. I'm sorry, but you're absolutely wrong in this matter.

It doesn't take a Harvard education to understand this is an exploit and if you put a single string of logical thought together you would come up with that conclusion as well. The fact that Goodurden posted is a clear indication that he knows it's not exactly a kosher move and honestly I wouldn't lose any sleep if he, or anyone exploiting got suspended, including people in my guild.
  18. Vdidar Augur

Your stance is conveniently forgetting the fact that a producer said it was fine.
    Barton likes this.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Stop putting collects in instances. Oh look! No one has to question if it's actually an exploit or not to flip instances. Farming Evolving items? That's something else entirely. After last years bans, it should have occurred to people that wasn't kosher.

Can we actually get some itemized clarification on this matter? The "don't talk about exploits, so no clarification" stance of DBG is incredibly and because I like assonance and alliteration - incredulously annoying.
    Fadyena likes this.
  20. Piemastaj Augur

Do you read the posts or just see my name and seethe with rage? Again please show me where asking questions on clarification is against the rules. I do believe name calling is...
    Drogba, Vdidar and Pano like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.