Ferocity, why?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Feb 1, 2019.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

From what im seeing Ferocity the beast lord spell stacks with everything, and has a 2 min recast, and is NOT a group buff.

So, whoever can get a beastlord to give them this basically will have highest dps?
    Why would they do this? I mean the game isnt just about who can do the most dps, but it takes away from the point of the game to a certain extent. If I get a bunch of upgrades, cause I saved up for them, and the dps they add is nullified, then why am I getting them to begin with?

Kind of a dumb spell to have in the game.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

It stacks, adds dps, you can kill faster, what's the issue again?
  3. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

The issue now is for you to read, and comprehend.
  4. Ceffener Augur

Aurastrider likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

I can read just fine trying to comprehend what your actual complaint is the problem. Are you mad that it's only single target or are you mad that it adds dps taking away from your personal gear upgrades to maximize your dps? You kind of have two different complaints going here but I imagine if it was a group buff you would not give two craps about the gains and minimalizing your personal gains. You should have just left that part out and stuck with the group buff part.

And as linked above there is a group version which was not hard to find using the spell filters on zam.
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  6. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

I should have mentioned Im on a TLP server which changes everything, the spell is called Ferocity, so I figured people would know that I was talking about first one, but yeah just a petty gripe thread. The PoP ferocity is single target, so basically whoever has it will do more dps then the others, and since we only have a couple beastlords, its kind of lame, Should be a group spell.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

If you play on TLP you should already know that there were very limit group buffs back in the day. If you want more group spells that comes in later years. Almost all beneficial spells at end game have the single target and then the group version once you get to a higher level for example level 96 might give the single target version and level 100 will give the group version. You might get better responses posting this in the TLP section. In this section pretty much everyone assumes you are talking about the Live servers and as it pertains to near end game unless you initially specify otherwise.
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Play on a real server and it will be a group spell.
    Gundolin likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No issue with this at all, you need to use the higher level spell, which is a group spell and last around 24 minutes I think.
  10. Ceffener Augur

Once again even in era you can maintain the spell on multiple people. But there an an entire different forum section for complaining about a 17 year old spell not working how you want. Spell has already been made onto a group version on live.
  11. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

This is like Velious all over again just 20 years later. I swear we went through this same gripe back in the day and Avatar/Primal Avatar. I honestly had people who would offer me rare-ish tradeskill items or pp if I would keep Avatar on them the entire raid.

This feels like a "rising tide lifts all boats" moment. I don't care much about parses or who does the most damage as long as we get the win.

Unless someone in the guild is threatening to cut you unless you out-DPS everyone else, what do you care? If this is the case you have my sympathies and I'd go find another place to play.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The Edud abides ;)
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It sounds like, usually, the most benefit to a raid would come from casting Ferocity on the toons who already demonstrate the highest DPS.

So you still have a reason to get gear and fight to be the highest DPS in your raid: so you can be rewarded with Ferocity.
    Gundolin likes this.
  14. svann Augur

read as far as the name and thats it
    Aurastrider, Tatanka and Tarvas like this.
  15. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Yeah, G play on a real server. Be hardcore! What a freak lol
  16. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Yes, put words in peoples mouths, so you can come up with a post devoted to raising your self esteem. You do this all the time, or just feeling vulnerable lately?
  17. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

You read as far as the name, yet some how knew in which manner to respond?
  18. Ceffener Augur

I like it when trolls at least try harder to troll.
  19. Ceffener Augur

20. Aurastrider Augur

Apparently you don't have the time to read the forum categories either considering your target audience is in a different category but you decided to post it here. I am not sure what you expected to achieve by doing so?

Secondly the only thing you have taught us is you are in favor of a BL nerf if they don't get a group version just so you might stand a chance making it on the top of a parse. If you actually think that your own personal ego is more important than all of the people that play a BL you have issues. I can only assume you are mad about this because of a raiding parse and someone who got the buff beat you. The accomplishments of the raid winning are more important than the numbers spit out so people can stroke their own ego. Basically you are requesting that your own raid force along with all others have their dps nerfed just so your feelings don't get hurt because you didn't finish first? Lets not forget about the group game folks that benefit from single target buffs and would probably object to your proposal for removing this spell. You want developer time wasted to nerf a class, slow down your own raid force, and cut the group game players at the knee just so you can feel better about yourself. I think its you who needs to learn a thing or two about the world.