Ferocious Kick Nerf

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Eriadoc, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Eriadoc Elder

It would appear that Feerocious Kick has been nerfed. It seems like it might be unintentional, or perhaps not viewed as a nerf by some, but I'd like to draw attention to it. If I understand what I'm seeing correctly, it is now a passive chance on one of our other kick attacks. Ferocious Kick itself is no longer able to be activated. There are at least two problems with this:

1.) Range: the range on ferocious kick is part of what made it so useful. Especially on raids, sometimes it's just not a great idea to get up close to a mob. Being able to pull on the run without facing a mob, from a distance, was also situationally useful.

2.) Timing: it was nice to be able to time ferocious kick sometimes.

Please take a look at it and review the changes. Thanks.
  2. Kiras Augur

Yeah, I'd definitely consider it a nerf too. It was instant cast long ranged aggro - perfect for kiting.
  3. Xenthoxin New Member

Doesn't make sense for a kick to be a ranged attack... I am sad that it doesn't have it's own button though, the timing was nice yeah.
  4. Eriadoc Elder

Was it in the patch notes at all? Or did they just stealth it in?
  5. AB-Muvien Elder

Not sure if it was in the patch notes but its been like that through entire beta testing of TBM.

Im with Xen here, it never made sense to be a ranged kick as it was essentially just a free nuke. I will also miss the ability to use it as snap agro though.

I havent tested yet how often it procs and compared to older parses, something to do while they fix this expansion I guess ;)

The fero kick subtlety is nice though.
  6. Raptour_MT Elder

It now fires everytime you kick, so that is a dps increase. The agro can be turned on and off by toggling the subtlety AA. While losing the range was a loss overall I think the overall change was a good one and I don't consider it a nerf.
  7. fransisco Augur

slightly less button mashing is always nice
    Tarvas likes this.
  8. AB-Muvien Elder

Yeah after playing around with it this week while doing progression Im liking the changes too. Just gotta remember to turn subtlety on/off heh, will take abit to get used to that I guess.
    Tarvas likes this.
  9. Eriadoc Elder

Is it possible to do a hotkey with the alt activate for subtlety and the fero kick on one key? Not in game at the moment or I'd test it.
  10. AB-Muvien Elder

Yeah /alt act 1108 swaps between them