Feral Guardian Channeler (second DoDH DA clicky item)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Snomie, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Snomie Elder

Anyone figured out how to get the mission to appear on Phinny?

It drops from the 68+ mission for 'Elder Longshadow #5: Confronting a Traitor' but it seems impossible to get that mission to appear. Only seeing the '65' and the 'Hard' version when trying to request, but the 68+ version is missing.

I've tried completing the 65 version to see if the 68+ appears afterwards but it still isn't appearing in the mission list. There were some reports that it would work when we were higher level, but even with a group of 75s now it still doesn't appear.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Keep posting it in the bug report section until they acknowledge it. The issue is likely still that the group average level requires something higher than 75 when it should be set to DoDH level (70).
  3. Someonesomewhere New Member

Isnt a bug, seeing the mission # is 5 and you only see mission #1 means you need to open up 2-3-4 before getting mission 5
  4. Someonesomewhere New Member

That questline-mission line is DoDH 68 spell, have to open it @ 68 to open the further missions
  5. Snomie Elder

I think you may be confused at the problem. It's not that myself and other haven't done the entire quest line, in fact some of us have done the entire quest line in the series on multiple difficulties to try unlock the 68+ difficulty mission.

We can see every mission from #1 to #5 in the series, but it's not giving us all the difficulty options when requesting the mission.

There's 65, 68+ and Hard. Right now, no matter what you do it's never unlocks the 68+ difficulty, which is where the item drops. You only ever get 65 or Hard on the #5 mission, even after completing all previous missions (and that very mission) on every difficulty available.

From what Bobbybick mentioned, it sounds like that mission is bugged to be flagged as only available to much higher level characters.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The Elder Longshadow line is entirely separate from the Level 68 Spellline.

This is "simply" a case where the group average level requirement is out of whack OR that this particular mission/difficulty combo is flagged to an expansion that isn't DoDH. I've confirmed that if you take a level 70 that cannot request Longshadow #5 (68+ Difficulty), that has completed Longshadow missions #1-4, to Test and group them with a level 105 that they can then request that mission with no issue.

I was optimistic that the average level requirement was erroneously set somewhere between 71-75 and that TSS would allow us to access the mission but that is unfortunately not the case.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

So from Testing it seems the group average level requirement is exactly level 77, which for a DoDH mission is odd that it requires a SoF era level range.

Here, pictures!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    snailish likes this.
  8. Ryak Augur

It is very likely this was a simple typo. Someone meant to hit 67 and oops they hit 77 instead. 67 is a pretty reasonable average level requirement for a 68+ difficulty mission.

Luckily typos are pretty easy to fix.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Those pictures only show that the 68+ arc is incomplete, therefore disallowing the final 68+ mission. Whereas in the "working" picture, it seems that the 68+ arc is complete.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The first guy was bad enough please don't spread any more misinformation with how DoDH quest arcs work in the off chance a dev does actually read this thread.
  11. Baldur Augur

Maybe what he was trying to say is that the #4 mission Trailing Longshadow seems to have the same issue where you need an average level of 77 to request the 68+. Where as #1, 2, and 3 seem fine with the 68+ requestable at the correct level.

Not sure if anything good comes out of that one or not, but if they fix it they should fix both I suppose.
  12. Someonesomewhere New Member

I am in the midst of gearing up/leveling alts in DoDH. I have an average level 69 team, and can/will not open the mission questline for progression (level 68, 69, 70 respectively) unless you clear the progression missions. Shroud down those characters without the proper "flagging" and those with proper "flagging". Also use alts that have never done a DoDH mission vs those who have, and your results will be mixed across the board
  13. Someonesomewhere New Member

DoDH was one of my favorite expansions back in the day, and have helped many get the proper flags when it was level 70 cap, but back then, you could not even request anything beyond said progression
  14. Someonesomewhere New Member

Average group 75 Phinigel, requester has progressed and finished 68.2. 75 Test server looking to be same thing, 76 group average, same thing . Group average 77.2 requester has completed at least 4 of 5 of the 68 missions to properly open up all 5 requests.
  15. Someonesomewhere New Member

So before you spread falsehoods on why you cant open the progression missions, and levels needed, (think Solteris progression) which was the way to access Dreadspire keep, maybe you need to use the internet and many websites state the same thing I just posted.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm honestly still not sure what you are trying to say. But if you think I and multiple others didn't do every other Elder Longshadow mission on every available difficulty at level 75 and still cant request Longshadow #4 (68+) then I don't know what to tell you.

Also the 68 spell line has nothing to do with Elder Longshadow so maybe that's where you are confused.
  17. Someonesomewhere New Member

Exactly Qbert. Bobbybick used multiple characters to request the mission,and is not putting into consideration those characters not having done the actual progression at the 68-70 levels. Granted he is only showing 1 mission, all DoDH missions progress this way, and will not be able to request any 68.2, 69.2 or 70.2 mission without completing 68.1, 69.1, or 70.1 first (Dreadspire Keep access/Spell mission lines)
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I tell you what, if anyone on Phinigel can taskadd Dunedigger to "Confronting a Traitor 68+" I'll give you 10 krono.
    NoWay likes this.
  19. Someonesomewhere New Member

Those characters used in your tests have not done the actual progression at the 68-70 levels. You are showing 1 mission,but all DoDH missions progress this way, and will not be able to request any 68.2, 69.2 or 70.2 mission without completing 68.1, 69.1, or 70.1 first (Dreadspire Keep access/Spell mission lines) nor any other DoDH mission, spell, or generic quest mission without completing the prior first.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yes I have. Do I need to link you my resist masks and achievements on all characters or can we move on from your inability to read?
    doah likes this.