Fellowship shared xp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zataos, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Zataos Journeyman

any one notice a big hit on regular xp using xp share since tov came out , killing the same mob in the same group one fo my toons gained 0,017% xp on a kill then with the next mob with xp share off it was .058% i get that xp share is suppose to take a % of xp for the vitility it gives but that seems like to much
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Yes.

It's very possible there is a mistake in the calculation with change in mob xp granted from ToV. But given the wonkiness of fellowship xp sharing anyway, how the heck could we give any direction.

Don't turn on sharing for toons that are xping if you actually want xp and/or aas. It's purely for folks who are maxed at this point.
  3. Windance Augur

I believe the way fellowship XP sharing works is like this:

Every time you get XP on a character the game splits that XP between all members in the fellowship that are sharing.

Lets say you have 5 members in your fellowship and are 'soloing' on 1. The result would be you main getting 1/5 = 20% of the XP per kill and each of the other 4 getting 1/5.

Taking the same example but having 4 of the 5 logged as a group. You kill a mob and get 1/5 of the XP but each of the 4 others does the same so you net 4/5 ths of the XP on each kill and the single character not in group gets 4/5 ths which is stored as vitality.

My advise is to turn off XP sharing completely until you are nearly done with level / AA's. Its way to easy to turn it on and forget about it then wonder why you're getting crappy XP rates.
    Tucoh likes this.