Fellowship Experience

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LordJump, Feb 15, 2013.

1. LordJump Journeyman

Im trying to help a returning friend and remember something about fellowship experience sharing. Can anyone tell me if experience deposited into the fellowship goes to ALL members of the fellowship evenly or can it be "siphoned" by a single character (or just the 2 in the fellowship who turn on sharing)?

Here is what Im thinking specifically:
    Fellowship has max # of people, all of us are lvl 100, he is lvl 8. Everyone has fellowship exp turned OFF except a single lvl 100 (me) and the lvl 8 (him). Hypothetically, if I "deposit" 10 exp per kill into fellowship experience, how does it get distributed? Does everyone in fellowship get an equal portion or is it only for the 2 people who opt in?
  2. Gladare Augur

3. Sebbina Augur

A level 100 can share XP with a min level 70, group XP rules apply to fellowship sharing, unless soemthign has changed. If you want to level an 8, buff them with temp, regen and DS, and have em whack lions in CR to 11 or 12, then on to gnolls, and then to the undead, should make 20, fair quick.
    Give them a merc tank buffed out and attack the gnolls in blightfire, then the sporali north of the treants.
  4. LordJump Journeyman

oh my, ty for telling me about the min lvl req. you saved me tons of wasted energy and effort. also, ty for the info, its nice to know i can share with just 1 person.
  5. roth Augur

Sharing is either On or Off - and if Sharing is on, then you both send and recieve, you cannot choose "Send only" or "Recieve only". This requires a certain amount of micromanagement of fellowship exp sharing.

So, if you have 3 level 100's in a group, ad a fourth person in fellowship all with sharing on, each of those level 100's is sharing with not only the level 70, but the other two level 100's as well. Don't worry too much about that aspect of it though - the main thing is to remember to have the people who want to share exp with someone else keep sharing on, and have the recipient turn it off when he wants to exp.

Of course, that still falls under the restriction that the recipient be able to group with the rest level-wise anyway. A level 8 cannot get exp with a level 100.
  6. Gnar Augur

I havent really used it since they changed it from directly giving the toons exp. I did test it once after the intitial change and it seemed to burn thru a full vitality bar in 2 or 3 kills, has that been changed? Does the vitality last longer?
  7. roth Augur

"Full vitality" is a poorly-defined concept.

Basically, you have two Vitality pools : Level, and AA. Level pool is based upon how much exp it would take you to ding 10 levels, OR to max out at the highest level, whichever is less. AA pool was defined as the amount of exp it takes you to max out at 30 banked AA. It is unclear whether that was increased for people who have a 50 or a 70 banked AA limit.

If you have a character that is near to the maximum banked AA's, then that character's Vitality pool is going to be capped at a ridiculously small amount.