Fellowship disappeared on everybody

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by NeverPayForLag, Aug 16, 2017.

1. NeverPayForLag Augur

after a break of nearly 6 months I came back and... surprise.... all the entries in the fellowships are gone!

Any help or fix for this?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you mean fellowship which is a campfire that at least 3 players make for easier porting and buffs while in different zones and usually last 3 hours or do you mean your Guild - a group of players who all share the same guild hall and do things together with a leader?
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

Was it all your toons in the fellowship? Did you make the fellowship and retain leadership? If not after 6 months maybe whoever was leader dissolved it?

Is it that hard to make a new one?
  4. NeverPayForLag Augur

All the toons in the fellowship list disappeared, not the campfire (that disappears in the usual time frame, like always).There is no entry again. There was no change because my toons didn't got any changes in that time. I wanted to start at the usual point. We were deep into a zone and had no mage to CoH. So yes, it is annoying if you handle more characters and surely a bug. I heard that more people had that issue and some had a rework for that. So if somebody has had that issue and knows a rework, I would be happy for a hint - therefore the post ;)

I never had that after 6 months btw. I always make a break after an expansion has been played through and I restart again around the start of the next expansions beta... this is new...
  5. Pootle Elder

Ok, i had a strange Fellowship bug the other day.
    I have a bunch of characters over three accounts.

My main 3 chars were playing (one of them was the fellowship leader), and I opened the fellowship window and found it blank/empty. Count not make a campfire etc.

I logged onto an alt in POK, and he was still in the Fellowship and could still see my main-3 in the fellowship.

FIX:
    What managed to work was bringing my main-3 to POK.
    Then camping one and logging in on an alt who was still in the fellowship. Having both alt and a main in the same zone together seemed to fix everything. When the alt (or main, I don't remember) opened the window, it seemed to repopulate my main back into the fellowship.

I just had to play a little camp-login roulett to make sure all the main-3 were online with a fellowship alt at the same time.
    Lilliee likes this.
  6. NeverPayForLag Augur

Many thanks for that.

So far all alts have been dropped except two which I cannot check without paying gold because of this stupid access to only 2 chars on free (which btw are not the main.... arrg). Would have been a nice try to avoid regather all from different corners of Norrath.

Will gather all toons to make it new then.
  7. NeverPayForLag Augur

And again fellowship kicked... wtf... had to make it again - without the other chars I cannot reach at the moment. This server is a mess...
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

and again fellowship list disappeared - oh man - besides sporadic disappearance of all characters and the usual 5-10 times tries to login in this mess called game. The most expensive game with boxing and the worst programming and bugridden pile of code....

It seems the last 6 months are excellent spent in not playing this game to do a break. And it seems it is time to extend this EQ-less experience for some more months...

What a mess... this game sucks...but it seems DGB earns too much money to care for the customers on AB...
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

and a nice one:

if fellowship list is gone again - made a new one (again for the next uncountable times) - port to pok.. all ok... - another toon comes in with old fellowship list still active - fellowship list now jumps from new one to old one, like two servers try to sync two lists - that is really crazy. Tried to get rid of the old fellowship list (remove). After that - one port and logout -> relogin and then the message -> you cannot get invited for 15h into a new fellowship

WTF...

So it seems that because this stupid system is unable to sync the two lists (old buggy one, new created one), the number of times to change reaches instantly the limit and fellowship is not usable again.

If with that sync-info this problem is not possible to fix then it is time to buy some programmers from Warcraft...
  10. Arraden Augur

My fellowship is gone too!
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

and fellowship list again kicked.... tried a new one... 18h lockout timer....
    yes we have a fellowship list... its use is a time sink.... like classical Everquest...Create List - get kicked from Server - login after 5-10min - create list again - error not possible due to lockout timer....
  12. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

My fellowship disbanded today aswell after AB crashed, so I guess we can add that to the list of problems with this server !
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I have lost my fellowship due to lag as well.
    I had petitioned over it, but not received an answer before:
    At least for me, it seemed to repair itself after a few days when i had the fortune to be online during a rather... low-lag period.
    My main was listed as leader and got removed (he was online when the lag apparently caused the loss), as was a box i played that time.
    Other characters and friends that were offline at the time though were still showing up as IN the fellowship, and they saw the full list - i.e. with my main and the box that were both "removed" apparently.

When i did log such a character (one with a full fellowship list) along with one of the two that had lost all entries, the lost one became restored somehow "by itself".
    Had this happen both in the same zone, as across different zones.
    My main is again leader of the fellowship and looks fully restored in that function.
    (until the next drop ofc)

So my guess is:
    As long as you have one character with the full fellowship list still, you need not create a new one.
    Unless of course you HAVE to use the campfire before it can repair itself.
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

But that is the problem. If you try to create a new one and meet the old fellows it toggles between the two to somehow sync it and if you try to "remove" a member then he gets a 18h lockout timer due to that mess...
    so fellowship is unusable actively if it hangs...
  15. Ryuda Journeyman

Fellowship was obviously bugged - port was not possible, removal did not work to recreate it, create did not work. Today all without exception are kicked from fellowship and we had to renew it again. Nice patch and the desastrous "day after". Whatever that patch changed - it had impact...