Fellowship Campfire (boxers ONLY thread)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tamaden, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Cloudia Augur

Dang Zav where did you find those briefs? I can just see giving a set to somebody as a gift.

Increasing the size of a fellowship yes all for that, maybe decreasing the number required to place to 2? Sure would be handy for a lot of uses, like when the rezzer is the one that died and nobody remembered to stock up on tokens/mercs prohibited.

I'd also like to see them add another group port for Wiz/Druid for port to travel mark. That way they could tag a regular hunting area they want to pop the group to, but don't want to be stuck landing at any time they die. This would be another fairly expensive AA around lvl 100.
    Zaviere likes this.
  2. Zaviere Augur

I'll only tell you where I found them if I get to be that "somebody"! :D
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I'd support an increase in max fellowship size by a couple, and while I don't think the # required to load a campfire should be removed, I think it could include mercs, which could lower it from 3 to 2 as a handy bypass. I'd also support the lockout removal, but I don't typically cycle my fellowship membership so while I feel pretty ambivalent about that personally i know loads of others do.
  4. Intenso Augur

can we also delete mag from game after we do this? no need anymore
    Dart likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There are already mechanics in game to accomplish everything you mentioned. Many features have been consolidated throughout the years to offer better service.

There's nothing wrong with suggesting things be easier. Just because you disagree doesn't make it wrong for everyone.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So Mages are only useful for CotH? Sheesh, you have some high standards.
  7. Laronk Augur

When I first read this I thought it was a troll thread... I'll bite though

If it takes you 10 minutes to run somewhere with one character, sure what ever. If it takes you 30 minutes to run 3 characters to the same place, you probably need to learn how to play.

While I would enjoy the benefits of a one character campfire mechanic it's a terrible idea.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Dart like this.
  8. segap Augur

Dropping the requirement to one to build a camp fire is ridiculous. Three is a fair convenience. They should not be building the game around making boxing trivial. There should be downsides to doing it alone versus socializing with real people.

I post this as someone who regularly boxes and has been since 2000.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Dart and Smokezz like this.
  9. strongbus Augur

This right here makes no sense what so ever. What kinda crappy system you running that you have to run each char by itself. That what auto follow is for. I can run all 4 toons at once cross 4 or 5 zones in less then 30 mins.(less if i just run the mage and group coth)
  10. Ninelder Augur

I often call auto-follow auto-fail, it doesn't work for most.
  11. roth Augur

Don’t let it beat you. Use autofollow with the better computers/instances, and have the worst one be the one that everyone is following.

The same holds true for characters at different speeds; have the slowest in the lead with the faster ones following.

I two box, and a reduction in the number needed to spawn a campfire wouldn’t hurt me. It wouldn’t help me so much however, unless I wiped and had one up already, so I could get back to where I was faster. As it is, I can still run there with decent speed and use a merc to get the rezzes going.

If it takes 30 minutes to get everyone somewhere ... then you’re playing wrong, TC.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Even if I run my chars one at a time, it takes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than 30 minutes. More like 10 minutes to get them almost anywhere in the game.
    Dart likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Only requiring 1 would let any fellowship with a rogue skip content that was meant to be engaged in order to get to some areas of a zone.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Rogue + Corpse Drag + Cleric Mercenary offers the same benefit too. Though a bit more tedious, it still functions the same.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes there are ways to do it now but you have to be willing to sacrifice some xp and recovery time for it
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Dart Lorekeeper

LOL did you accidentally quote me instead of the OP? Because your comment is way more related to his post than mine.

And yeah there's nothing wrong with suggesting that we all wear bedpans as hats (cactus hat *cough*) but you better sure be prepared to be laughed at for your suggestion.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No, it was for you. I quoted you because you pass off your opinion like it's etched in stone somewhere. It isn't. Your opinion is worth no more to me than mine is to you.

Bed pans for hats? Do you actually read what you type or are you just here to spew venom?
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Use three rogues?
  19. Aurastrider Augur

I would love if the fellowship size did not have a cap. In terms of lowering the number to 1 to place it I am on the fence. It does encroach on other classes abilities which is not a good idea. Maybe if there was a special campfire that could only be placed once every 24 hours by 1 player I could see this. I just don't like the idea of diminishing a classes role in game since there is already enough of that with nerfs.
  20. Laronk Augur

not really, if you're in the zone already then you can campfire into spawns and engage but its harder to rez into spawns and not die