Fell Foliage Strategy Help

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurmoon, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

I haven't played my mage or wizard since level 100 and 4 or 5 years ago, but I would say at 110, all 3 of the classes should be able to do at least 100k more DPS on a burn of that length relatively easy.

If can't find anything here on the boards, I would check out that Freelance raiding teams forums on burning during raids. I was just looking at it yesterday to see if I could gather any tips. They do a great job of explaining the why's which will help with modifying it to your needs.
  2. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Your cleric should easily be able to keep up with healing if you are running a good spell lineup (even without healing cool downs mind you, with it should be simple). I run a similar team but get by with shaman heals easily even though my warrior is going full out burn along with the rest of the team. 1M dps should be easily obtainable for you as I typically am around 2M with a similar team. I think the biggest thing to review is your spell lineups along with utilising all your burn abilities optimally across all your characters.

Hard to give more specific advice unless a breakdown of each character is given but I'm and I'm sure others are willing to give you a hand if you give more info. There are plenty of posts here on the forums discussing optimal burning for just about every class - some might be from EoK but can be often easily modified for RoS.

Don't forget to use things like CR on the cleric, mana burn on the wizard, IoG on the chanter and get tons of pets on the boss to make good use of volley on the mage. I find the first "mini-cactus" is a great setup target where you can make sure all your hots are on the group, swarm pets are popped and all burn abilities are popped close to it dying so you are ready to hit the ground running as soon as the boss pops - leading with mana burn on the wiz and the rest if properly set up will smoke this boss easy.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  3. Cadira Augur

Unless they cast em before your parser could pick them up, wizard is missing Frenzied Devastation, Fury of the Gods, Arcane Fury and Second Spire aa's. And unless the other wizard was picking up the slack, it looks like he casted too few shocking vortex's for that duration as well. Just for flavor, if both wizards are using TC (why wouldn't they?) then you could even get an alliance to fulminate, or two each if they hit Forceful Rejuv. That's over 10m damage right there.
  4. ptah Augur

I support 100% what thox is speaking. I use the terms trash1 or rampup1 towards mob1.. we use multi mages and the pet thing is 100% spot on. Alliance with twin is big jump.. used with Force renew is key for every to peak alliance.
    1. understanding what is pre important to get peak
    2. spell line ups
    3. you got be casting as many times as possible.. its ratio to attempts to cast to dps gain imho
    4. Subjective to AA.. review the focus lines in AA. if don't focus RoS don't use them.. EoK focus lines are ok. Get more AA to use them RoS spells focused.
    5. Not as bad once get everyone pushing together in 1 direction. Have fun.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

What they said above. Your warrior should be doing 100-300k dps. Your casters should be making the warrior feel like a tank not like a dps class.
    And the cactus explodes.
  6. Kolani Augur

Since other people have been posting different config parses:

/GU Cactiikii in 28s, 87006k @3107342sdps --- Monk2 27806k@993079sdps (1112249dps in 25s) [31.96%] --- Ranger + pets 24675k@881260sdps (881260dps in 28s) [28.36%] --- Shadowknight 15925k@568749sdps (636999dps in 25s) [18.3%] --- Bard + pets 11888k@424585sdps (440310dps in 27s) [13.66%] --- Monk1 6711k@239669sdps (1342147dps in 5s) [7.71%]

I don't think any of us have issues with identities being known, so Radamus, Shansutsi, Sabrefist, Frikk, Inalok in no particular order with a cleric merc.

[IMG]
    Sancus, Daedly and kizant like this.
  7. Daedly Augur

Made any more attempts? If so, how did it go?