Fell Foliage - Overthere

Discussion in 'Raid Discussion' started by Maedhros, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Maedhros Augur

Surprised at being 2 weeks into BETA and there still is not a post for the first raid in the expansion.
    I imagine the tuning has still yet to be completed but here are some of my observations and hopefully more folks can share theirs.

We have not put a whole lot of attempts in on this.
    Last week we were able to burn it down in 60 seconds but it did not drop seals so we abandoned it.
    Tonite we found that some changes have been made so we threw a few tries at it.
    BETA was down during raid time for the last two nights and then tonite POK was a mess so we were only able to scrape 39 - 42 people for the raid. DPS classes were light so we were only averaging about 4-5 mil dps.
    I tend to think that 4-5 mil dps is still above what a lot of guilds are bringing to the plate though, so the dps related feedback still has some value.

It feels like it is difficult to keep up with the add spawn rate as it currently stands.
    We had multiple sprouts at the same time, perhaps it should just be one at a time.
    In general the various adds could stand to have 20% fewer total hit points.
    The boss was going invulnerable when I believe 4 other adds are on the ETW. Could probably be adjusted to go invulnerable when 5 or 6 adds are on the ETW instead. I get that the idea is to not ignore adds and burn down the boss, but with the frequency of add spawns the invulnerable number should be raised unless a significant reduction of add hp's happens.

Noted that the average hits from the boss and adds are a pretty significant jump up from the bosses in EOK. In general I am ok with that but adds hitting for more than previous expansion bosses might be a bit overkill.

I did not see anything that was a significant bug, but this raid was not sweeping up the corpses and depositing them back by the quest giver npc after a reset.
    We had one burgeoning get lost and blip on and off the ETW briefly. I do not know if it fell in the chasm.

Definitely reminds me of the Queen raid with the overall flavor of the single boss with some adds that you probably just off tank and then some that you have to deal with and the dps check concept. Now we just need the cactus to summon a rhino at 15% and ride off into the sunset.
    adetia likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

As of Nov 7:
    • No bugs found. All mechanics and spells that we saw were working fine.
    • Thumbs up on the anti-burn protection. I'm not sure if it's enough but at least it's there.
    • Too easy for the raid that lacked 2 full DPS groups. We were able to stay ahead of the add spawns. Most of our raid was lv 106 and EoK geared. RoS AA are not here yet. With a full raid of lv 110 people with RoS AA and abilities it will be completely trivial. Everything needs more hp and damage to be more difficult than the EoK raids, but it's hard to say how much more without seeing the new AA.
    • What's the purpose of having the regular basepop in the raid dz? The trash even respawns like in the static zone. It doesn't add any difficulty, one can easily find a safe spot, or just kill occasional roamers.
    Niloiv, kizant and Sindaiann like this.
  3. Tanols Elder

• Ditto for us across the board. Biggest pain in the *** was zone trash randomly roaming in and aggroing but even still was managable with almost entire raid of 45 ish people lvl 105 and EoK raid geared.
    Niloiv and Sindaiann like this.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

Totally agree with Ax.

No idea why basepop is there. We mentioned it when we tested with Prat and he didn't seem concerned about it.
  5. Lianeb Augur

This raid has a very different look and feel at sub 110 than it does at 110
  6. Jhenna_BB Augur

That's pretty much the way it always is at first right? It will seem that much tougher now because we are throwing a bunch of sub 110 players at these raids. Think back to what marathons pretty much all raids but Droga and Prince felt like at first in EOK. 50 mins+ runs in beta for Lcea seems laughable now but that's how long it took.
  7. Allayna Lorekeeper

Cactikkii sheds several lesser succulents as it is wounded.
    Cactiikii becomes more susceptible to damage.
    Allayna hit Cactiikii for 14126 points of non-melee damage.

Misspelling of CACTIIKII in the trigger for adds. (spelled Cactikkii)
  8. Lianeb Augur

[Wed Nov 08 18:54:01 2017] As the burgeoning succulent dies, it burgeons, spawning several lesser succulents.
    [Wed Nov 08 18:54:01 2017] As the burgeoning succulent dies, it burgeons, spawning several lesser succulents.

Triple emotes each time you kill a burgeoning succulent. No it is not indicative of the number of spawns from it
  9. LordOmni New Member

I seem to recall almost all of the EoK raids were easier during beta than live. I think Vault might have been the exception. I don't remember any 50min Lcea raids unless you count flying in circles for a long time seeing if there was something we were missing to bring down Gore (ultimately the raid was just broke at that time).

As the Cacktikkii raid stands right now it is pretty easy at 106 and will be a cake walk at 110 with new spells, AA, etc. I think we had about 42 players with 2 or 3 beta buffed to 110 and another 3 or 4 that leveled up naturally to 110. The beta buffed chars lacked faction so they were causing some of the extra aggros from Sarnak and chokadai.
  10. Zarzac Augur

As of Nov 9 - Yeah it's harder now ...
  11. Allayna Lorekeeper

As of Nov 9th - tuned appropriately for a T1 raid.
    Only bugs found were the misspelling of the cactii name in some emotes and the triple emotes for 1 add death.
    kizant likes this.
  12. Sindaiann Augur

The charm from surreal succulents seems much more frequent than before.

Is this intentional?
  13. Sindaiann Augur

[Thu Nov 09 20:45:04 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:45:36 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:45:51 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:46:04 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:46:21 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:46:36 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:46:52 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:47:05 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:47:23 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:47:27 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:47:35 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:47:53 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:47:57 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:48:23 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:48:27 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:48:53 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:48:58 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:49:28 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:49:42 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:49:58 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:50:12 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
    [Thu Nov 09 20:50:29 2017] A surreal succulent begins to cast a spell. <Bad Trip>
  14. Absor Developer

They charm every 30 seconds.Looks like you had several of them up. Seems like 2, but two seems anomalous, maybe a third one getting into range to hit your logs.
    20:47:27
    20:47:57
  15. Maedhros Augur

Wow totally different raid when you don't over-dps the boss.
    I suppose I echo the thoughts of some of the others above.