Fell Foliage mission changed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tnot, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Second add being the one that spawns with the cactus. Sorry for the confusion. It hasn't changed at all. :) It really depends on your groups DPS. If you do a LOT, you'll only get the initial one that spawns the boss and 1 more. And it's done in 30-40 seconds. If slower, you might have to deal with a couple others. Your choice, depending on healing and tanking ability whether to kill them or just stay on the boss.

It's definitely time based for additional mobs to spawn.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Kill inital mob normal speed.

Cactiki spawns with 2 adds, 1 is not on track, kill the one not on track the "sprouting..." it is these that spawn the additional adds (also needed for brown thumb). Hot key for ease of targeting "/targ Sprout" basically you are killing the Sprout before it grows to be a new cactus.
    Off tank "Burge...." Burn Cactiki and keep checking for any additional "sprouting" mobs.

Killing "burge..." spawns more adds.

Good luck :)
  3. feeltheburn Augur

NOPE no different friend and I just burned it to the ground... Kill first mob....burn Cactus hard...done. We never hit another mob outside of those 2
  4. Vanrau Augur

Hit points lock if you have 4 or more adds up.
  5. Lily Augur

Thank you for clearing that up. I thought you were saying ignore BOTH adds. Now I see what you mean.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

Got the mission and tried to taskadd 6th person who said they come late.
    Got Error - can not add .
    Droped the task and re-started - no issues.
    Click item - Kill 1st add ,pop burns at the end , 2 mobs spawn - Burn named ot the 2nd mob for the win. - Open chest - win.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's always locked upon request.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

locks on request. burn tank spank open chest everyone is happy for 6hours. Over faster then a high school jock and his first time, nothing changed but the lockout :p
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

May be the RNG, but it seems like post patch chest is putting out less loot than it was regularly pre patch. Anyone else see the trend?

Pre patch it seemed like every chest had 5-7 things (was pretty ridiculous), but now seeing a lot of 4’s with 1 spell 1 key piece 1 visible and 1 non vis or aug. Wuah Rabble go ^ . ^?
  10. Angahran Augur

Getting really tired of everything being a DPS check these days.
    Not everyone has 4 wizards they can pull out whenever needed.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  11. kizant Augur

One wizard is plenty to make the group mission have no challenge and we don't even have the best burns.
  12. Brohg Augur

Getting really tired of people thinking it takes wild dps to defeat enemies. Reasonable, competent play from several gamers is not a high bar to ask folks to pass
  13. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

or any single dps class with an ADPS... or really any single dps class that knows what they're doing.... or several that don't.... or just 6 actual players that aren't also watching TV or playing on facespace....
  14. Huna Journeyman

You know your asking a lot from them.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

RNG. We just had a fairly large chest, and last time we went got only a couple items.
    Sheex likes this.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's not a DPS check. You can take 20 minutes to do it if you want. You just have to deal with each of the adds as they spawn and slowly DPS down the boss. Super high DPS just makes it very easy.
    feeltheburn and kizant like this.
  17. Millianna Augur

The event is fairly easy providing you have the DPS (800k+). However, I do agree that they spend more time designing content and not make everything a DPS check.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  18. Dragari Journeyman

I tried to do this with my ranger or a mage pet tanking - it did not go well, never got a chance to try a burn with the casters :) Guess I need to find a proper tank to take with me!
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

For a group of actual people even “pretty mediocre couple of button press” dps makes it very easy.
  20. Dragari Journeyman

Looks like it will be made harder next patch, but as I could not do it anyway it makes no change to me :)