Fell Foliage group mission difficulty

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, May 17, 2018.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

You are correct that can happen, but you don't know me, so please keep your judgements to yourself. I joined IL less than a year ago. If you look back through my forum posts you will see a couple of years ago I was one of the coleaders of the largest family style guild on Luclin with over 4400 toons.
    I do seek out other bards all of the time to ask what they do differently and if I think it is an improvement on what I do, I try to incorporate it into my playstyle.
    Yes, I have been playing this bard as my main for 15 years. I work hard to be good at what I do so I can help those around me as much as I can. If you were on my server, you'd find out I have a decent reputation for what I do and how I do it, both as a bard, and a player.

---
    Edit to add: I keep my Magelo updated because I am a psychotic tradeskiller and I use magelo for inventory control across 14 characters because the wonderful new FIND button in EQ inventory, only searches that 1 character and I need more search capabilities at my fingertips.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Posts that start with some variant of “I’m a top x or y class” rarely come off well on Forum Quest, regardless of what is said after. Internet boasting just looks like folks are reaching for credibility, and citing “I have RoS raid gear” is a pretty poor source of it.

Looking past that first blip, I’d have to agree with the others though...6 person groups with 1-1.5 dps classes are going to kill things really slowly and that seems more like a people problem than a mission problem.

T1 RoS was tuned pretty poorly for an entry zone and it’s been a dumb mission from the get go, but it’s not *that* bad either.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

I've been in full groups that have beaten this mission when it was harder and currently. That said I think Jyve expresses the real problem with this RoS HA (if not all of RoS HA).

We can all go and beat CotF HA and even EoK with partial groups, even solo. We can get those old achievements and progressions done. One or two players and mercs. We've solo'd and molo'd them for coins. They are on farm.

There have been some tough blocker missions like Bayle, Burnout, and Enslaver and a very few others. Missions that you ask for help on. FF is one of those blocker missions and it's in a limited expansion.

Who thinks they can go into FF and molo it now? Ever? What class + merc is ever going to do 1.2 Mdps to win this for some old HA coin? What 2 classes? What level?

FF is a simple HA that ruins the game for individual players. It doesn't scale down to smaller groups and will always be avoided because it is that bad.

FF is dead content already and it shouldn't be so.
  4. Brohg Augur

That's a fairly eloquent description of a terrible situation that doesn't happen to exist.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Going by how scaling worked in the past and extrapolating that into the furture (with all uncertainty that comes with doing so of course), i would guess level 120 should do it for molo - perhaps 125 if they wisen up some on the powergains. What class? i am speaking from a WAR perspective, with a CLR box.
    The figure you throw out there is somewhat off too, as you only need that ballmark DPS to burn the named before the HP-lock, not to win the mission.

The only RoS-mission that is "dead" on my server (i.e. actively avoided much, least requested) is the Skyfire one.
    That isn't meant to say FellFoliage were a well-designed mission imo, but it's not that bad as missions go anymore, and certainly far from "dead".
  6. Lianeb Augur

FF is not an HA
    Sancus and Yinla like this.
  7. Jetslam Augur

My post wasn't intended to be focused at you. I used you/you're in the general sense to describe those that my post was about.

However, given that you mention you put out 200k on a burn, and others provide parses such as this, I'd say you've got a bit to go to become elite:

8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

We're talking about missions here. And what EoK mission are you gonna go do solo or just with a merc again? Waiting... TBM *MISSIONS* are mostly not mercable. Gotta get back into TDS before you can really do that. And TDS is old now. It should be mercable by now.

Quit whining about current content actually requiring a little skill to do it. Everything shouldn't just fall down. Or maybe fire up MAME, Pong awaits you.
  9. Brohg Augur

EoK had separate missions for currency & progression. RoS does not. You're drawing a false dichotomy, Smokezz.
  10. segap Augur

I think the most fun part of this mission is when you zone in and are dead before the screen loads due to a random roamer at the zone in spot at just the wrong time. Rhinos are the best.

This mission is super easy. It just has some really random bad luck that can get you. Caster heavy groups have a 99% chance to beat it. Melee heavy groups are at the mercy of random bad luck suiciding your dps. Yes, this mission requires (for easy mode) that you probably bring at least 3 classes that can burn for at least 250k (that includes the likes of bards, shadowknights, warriors and even shaman in dps mode (not to mention real dps classes). That's not too much a burden for a mission as opposed to a task.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No I'm not. I'm comparing the missions. RoS simply does not have Heroic Adventures. Try again.
  12. shruggz Elder

@ Segap I am honestly curious here, I would like to see the parse of a group geared shaman hitting
    250k dps, for that matter my group geared sk isn't getting anywhere near that mark either, and I would surely like to know how to get 250k on either or both of these toons.
  13. Weebaaa Augur

Cactiikii in 97s, 86257k @889252sdps --- #2 (myself)SK+ pets 27674k@285302sdps (285302dps in 97s) [32.08%]

I loaded my entire log file for you :)

I can PM Details
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I don't know how to SK, but I've seen them do it on a short burn. (harm touch is pretty amazing + tanks can do ok dps short term if we have a healer to keep us up using a 2h).
    Probably easier for them to fight through the DS too, since they can regain most of their hp's lost via taps. (just a guess, again, I don't know how to SK)