Feeling let down .. and why

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Just_Another_SK, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Just_Another_SK Elder

Hey DB before I say anything i'm sure the usual crowd will turn this into a circus. I only post when I feel the need so wont be responding to negative comments just wanted to share what Im feeling and why

Where is the thank you for the players who have played 19 years payed monthly, bought every expansion stayed all access, spent thousand over the years in the marketplace?

Last year everyone got a free heroic was nice of you and brought some players back

This year we get 178$ suits of armor in the marketplace, Bundle kronos Sales, and an Illusion "if we buy a Krono and consume it no matter how far ahead we are already payed.

I could say more, but won't - I'm all for you pushing to raise money it keeps the game going but I for one will not be spending any ingame plat for a krono or buying one for the Illusion

This is usually the time of year where we all celebrate how long EQ has been around and most years you made it clear that our loyalty was appreciated with something special each year usually differred, not all of us need an exp bonus .. the aug from the mission is nice though I will say :)

anyways been a long day maybe im just expecting too much.
  2. Snoop New Member

This x100. Well said.
    Nennius, Strumph and Yinla like this.
  3. Jordis Augur

Better than I planned on saying it.
    Strumph likes this.
  4. xcitng Augur

totally agree
    Strumph likes this.
  5. YellowBelly Augur

My monthly subscription was almost up anyways so I said what the heck. I’ll pay three or four more dollars this month and bought a krono. That little illusion frog thingy is kind of cool.
  6. Vaeeldar Augur

Ehh what bundled Krono sale? I don't seem to see it.
    Strumph likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They are more interested in the new progression server than live ordinary servers
    Sancus, Snoop, Slippry and 1 other person like this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Plus, from now until March 22, 2018, you'll also be able to purchase packs of 5, 10, or 25 Krono for 30% off! You check out the deals and pick up your Krono here.

I have to agree that this is a huge let down to those of us who pay cash even monthly or yearly.

Not sure how paying $297.49 for 25 months of Krono compares to those of us who pay $257.95 for the same 25 months thru cash ($119.88 x 2 = 24 months + $17.99 for the 25th month = $257.95. Well yeah I guess I do see - DBG get an extra $40 ish.
    Snoop likes this.
  9. Snoop New Member

Just another blatant money grab.
  10. Buds Augur

I thought they would give a much bigger discount for the 25 krono deal. All that's fine, they need to make money, but hide it behind some free stuff for people. Not the center of the anniversary celebration.
    Snoop likes this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

you dont have to buy the 25 krono's package (why would you if you already got a 2 year sub) if you want the illusion just pay the 18 bucks for 1 krono ..

I forget how much I paid for the guise of the ancient gods from EQ fanfaire (that i did not attend) , but I wanted the illusion (and was let down extremely)

5 of my accounts are silver so buying 1 krono wont be a big deal.. I'll prolly buy the 5 bundle sense I have multiple accounts and want the illusion on a few of those accounts ..

I only hope that the illusion is Heirloomable and is not like the one from fanfaire :(
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I pay yearly so in the same boat as you BUT krono are not bought by people to use for their own subscription. They are bought by people who want to use them to sell for items or plat. No one is going to buy 25 krono from DBG to pay for their subscription unless they are very bad at math.

And yeah new TLP server is out and they sell a lot of krono on those servers as they have a whole server of people with no gear.

Few years ago they had a big sale on subscriptions. This time a sale on kronos. The first directly those who pay cash for their sub. The second benefited those who buy krono from DBG and I guess indirectly those who buy them in game for their subs AND unfortunately those who sell them for RMTs.

Now the whole get an illusion for a krono is smart or well at least good marketing. Effectively people are paying 4 or 5 bucks for the illusion if you take off 10 or 12 bucks for the one month sub. And they get extra money from those who sub a silver account JUST for the illusion.

But I agree about the let down.
  13. Karhar Dream Crusher

You dont HAVE to buy krono with rl money to get the illusion, can get it in game through plat from buying from someone else, just need to consume the krono.
  14. Meredyth Augur

They're clearly just trying to remove some Kronos from the system by incentivizing everyone to click one regardless of subscription status

Smart move from a business perspective
  15. Quatr Augur

There have been all kinds of anniversary giveaways over the years. Some were significant and prompted me to spend extra money on EQ. Some, like this one, were minor. I keep my expectations low, so I am never disappointed.
  16. xcitng Augur

it's thanks to the players that eq sees a 19 year anniversary, i'm starting to feel very let down, after a bit over 19 years a paying player here ... losing my potion belt and all of the other things going on now has made me think about leaving eq for the 1st time, don't know if i will, but the feeling is there now
    Yinla likes this.
  17. xcitng Augur

oops, meant after 18 years