Feeling dead inside

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aindriuc, May 31, 2020.

1. aindriuc Elder

I intentionally waited for a few days, while I played Phantasy Star Online 2 , which released on the 27 March with the Ardune release.

I got to level 45 in PSO2 and then decided -- hey, EQ has a server just opened maybe I'll try that out now.

Tried to log in and there is a 130 minute queue.

What has happened?

Can anyone tell me -- what has happened?

This used not be the case on server release. A few days at most and things were 'logging in-able' but not this time.

Makes me sad.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Well, lots of people want to play. More people than the server/game world can handle, so now you have to wait for someone to log off to move up your spot. Its like when a nightclub is full and there is a line out the door due to fire code. When people leave, they let more in. Same thing here, except its server stability and not fire code. Thats what happened.
  3. Ishbu Augur

Why would you pay a cover charge to stand in line outside a nightclub only to be told they are at maximum occupancy?

I dont know of any clubs that work that way
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

True, so maybe the analogy isn't perfect. But the "cover" charge you paid is for every server and every game thats under the DBG umbrella, not just Aradune =)
  5. Ishbu Augur

If there is an Aradune only access rate I am unaware of, please enlighten me, but as far as I know that doesnt exist.

This is the problem with trying to compare this to any other business model. Its just not the same. When speaking of virtual goods, there has to be a higher level of trust and you just cant fault people for not having trust at this point.

Its not just the issues of the past 3 days, its what other issues could prevent players from playing at all? Just the other week there was massive down time before the server launches as they merged others. Whats next?
  6. TheDohn Augur

Rome is on fire, the black plague has killed hundreds of thousands, and Nero is in charge of several different countries.

Why are you surprised that the people locked in their house watching that happen are playing video games more than normal?