Feeder TLP for 20th

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lurid21, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Lurid21 New Member

I have heard this option brought up once or twice before (apologies, I do not remember the individual's name) and think it to be an excellent idea for longevity regarding the TLP situation.

Make one of the new servers opening in March a PoP-locked TLP. When it arrives at LDoN after PoP, merge it into Agnarr.

Benefits:
    1. New members who have previously missed out on the Classic-PoP nostalgia fest will have an opportunity to do this again.
    2. Current members of Agnarr who wouldn't mind experiencing that content again can do so with the knowledge that these new characters will eventually be added to their stable a Agnarr.
    3. This could be done ad-infinitum. This rotating door of progression leading to PoP would basically provide EQ with a perpetual TLP consumer base for those interested in the early era game.

Thoughts?
    Montag and DeseanJackson like this.
  2. Donroy Elder

I’m one of the players who has brought this up before and I still support the idea for all the reasons you mentioned.
    Montag likes this.
  3. Rexxy Journeyman

There is nothing stopping you from experiencing the content like that on agnarr currently. Alkabor had "progression" guilds that did just this and expected members to not spend aa and not use books or out of era gear as those toons progressed through the content. You dont need an entire server to do it over again so soon.
    Nolrog likes this.
  4. Aziuno Augur

Y
    The biggest issue here is you need to fix server merging first.
  5. Tankz Lorekeeper

Did Quill make a new account?!
    Renshu, Sethiroth, Thalliius and 3 others like this.
  6. Trevalon Augur

Hah, I thought the exact same thing
    Sethiroth, Tankz and TheRedBandit like this.
  7. TheRedBandit Elder

Same here, my dudes.
    Sethiroth and Tankz like this.
  8. Thalliius Augur

They are not going to cater to Agnarr, just get over it.
    Barton, Tankz and TheRedBandit like this.
  9. Sethiroth Augur

Quill made a new account. /facepalm
    Tankz and TheRedBandit like this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

1. Anyone who missed out on one of the 9 different versions of progressions servers will have the opportunity to do this on whatever the new server is.

2. See #1

3. See #1

If people wanted to experience the content again and add to their Agnarr toons, they would do so on Agnarr now. There's nothing stopping them from working through the content an expansion at a time before moving to the next.