[Feedback] Who Won The FV Anniversary Statue?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cragzop, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Can't find any mention of a winner on your social media stuff. Your rules said announcement no later than April 2nd.

Who won?
    Zanarnar and Bobbybick like this.
  2. Nargoul Journeyman

Not me, kind of disappointed I was going to sell it on EBay.
    Zaray likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's possible that the winner wants to remain anonymous or hasn't responded to the email. If it's because of a non-response, it could have been someone who made like 50 email accounts for entries. Or, the email simply went to their junk folder.
  4. Rondor Augur

The rules page for the 22nd anniversary Firiona Vie station promotion says two things about the announcement of the winner as far as I can see:

1) The winner will be "announced" no later than April 2, 2021 (though not defined how this will be "announced")
    2) To learn who the winner is you may (must?) send them a SASE (stamped self-addressed envelope) and that the limit to send this request is April 30, 2021. Presumably if you don't send a letter after that date they are not obliged to tell you the winner.

https://www.everquest.com/news/sweepstakes-rules

11. Winner List and Official Rules: To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Attn: Community Relations “EverQuest 22nd Anniversary Sweepstakes,” Daybreak Game Company LLC, 13500 Evening Creek Dr N #300, San Diego, CA 92128. Requests must be received no later than April 30, 2021.

Then part of section 4 says:

Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, winner will be chosen no later than Tuesday, March 30, 2021, and, once verified, will be announced no later than Friday, April 2, 2021.
  5. Sobmre Augur

ill guess it's .......... some dev's friend who plays on aradune as a level 15 mage, and hasn't been on in 5 months
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

So they've at least failed to adhere to one of their rules.
  7. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Not in a legal sense. All California requires is:

Additionally, at the conclusion of a contest, its conductor must send, upon request by any contestant, the names of all winners, the prize won by each and, if applicable, the correct solution and the winning solution (if different). Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 17539.2.

They aren't "required" to make public posts about it. Announce in this sense means a winner has been picked and verified by at least one other person who wasnt affiliated with the selection itself. California is on the 'pretty lax' side of rules for this. Texas is at the other end, and requires you store this information for 2 calendar years and provide that information to anyone who requests it any time in that window.

And based on the required form and how they handled the CRC form, all you're going to get is a name you dont know and maybe an email that could potentially not be suckmydongemailrequirements57305@gmail.com but dont hold your breath
    Rondor and Vumad like this.
  8. SunDrake Augur

... o_O
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Someone is going to make out a stamped self-addressed envelope to find the identity to try to buy the statue off of the winner. Lol.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tatanka like this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Take a video of yourself making the envelope and mailing it. Stuff like that is considered passable YouTube, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat, or Instagram "content" these days.
    Benito likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I bet a few EQ content creators are doing that now. :cool:
  12. Shushabye_Baby Romance Novel Writer

I'd put it on display in my living room if I won.:)
  13. Pleides Ranger of Fellowship Of Justice. EMarr

Well it was not a member from outside the USA...as they were not able to take part....

wake Up its not fair !
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm pretty sure it's law. Daybreak doesn't need to "wake up."
  15. FrozenWater Augur

You're pretty sure what is law exactly? That only the US can enter competitions? I'm sure that is news to the rest of the planet.

What's far more likely is that Daybreak couldn't be bothered to check laws with respect to competitions in other countries, just to ensure they were adhering to them too. So they just restricted it to 1 country. Pure laziness.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Many local laws can prevent a company bothering to allow a contest in their area.

Quebec for example requires companies to pre-emptively pay taxes just in case someone wins there. So there are a ton of contests that are not available in Quebec.

It's just not worth the headache dealing with their laws. It's easier to exclude everyone from the province.

If you see lots of competitions that specifically exclude Quebec that's why.
    Rondor likes this.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

It was....not me.
  18. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Who cares about the statue I want to win lunch with the RL model for the statue :D
    Sissruukk and Pleides like this.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Today marks day 20 of no announced winner.
  20. Cicelee Augur

I won it. My five year old daughter wanted to play with it with her Barbie dolls. Now it has gone missing in the play room among the 17,983,454 toys the spoiled child has. Maybe we will find it in 10 years.
    Rondor likes this.