Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rrowzing, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Rrowzing Journeyman

It would be helpful if the command "/stopdisc" allowed a parameter that specified the one disc to NOT stop.

Ex.
    /stopdisc Deftdance

The reason is if we put /stopdisc in a hotkey that also triggers a disc, it is far too easy to double click and insta deactivate the disc we actually wanted.
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

This would be really nice. As a warrior I have to be really careful about popping fortitude / furious.
  3. Goodn Augur

I am not in favor of the devs spending time on this type of extension when their time is short to do other things around EQ. I feel (much like a number of suggestions lately) that this goes beyond a quality of life issue into a help people multicasting issue (I'm not saying you are doing that, but for me, that's the real audience for your suggestion). There are also a number of other examples where people just have to know what's running and work with it like...

Druids, mages and wizards have for years been dealing with the loss of Twincast due to Improved Twincast still being on (if you press Twincast while Improved Twincast is running, you will get a message that the cast was blocked but the spell gem is used and you are waiting 5+ minutes for a refresh...no forceful rejuvenation).

I'm sure there are other examples of possible train wrecks for aas/spells/disc combos that you just learn not to do it. Feels like a working as intended feature of the game. If you raid/lag/etc., don't put /stopdisc in a macro where the starting of the /disc is that important.

I know on my paladin (and all my other tank classes), /stopdisc is on its own macro with a special key combo that I can easily do but never would press without a conscious effort. And I've just trained myself to hit that combo before deflection (or fortitude...whatever).
  4. Nniki Augur

If they were to implement something like this, I think creating a new command to replace the active disc (whether one is running or not) with another disc (if not the same) would be more ideal rather than have two separate commands (/stopdisc + /disc). That way the actions could be processed together as one.

Also could keep the active disc running if the disc to replace it isn't ready to be activated yet.