[Feedback/Request] Enchanting, Imbueing, and Making Mana

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

For years now, we've had the Greater Mass Enchant spells for the 5 basic metals (silver, gold, electrum, platinum, and velium) - can we please have a greater mass enchant spell for clay, as well as a Greater Mass Imbue for the various gems (emeralds for Tunare, etc) and a Greater Mass *** Mana, so we can make mana vials more than 5 at a time?

More people than ever are tradeskilling now. Do you have any idea how long it takes to sit there and make 2k enchanted clay, imbued emeralds, and clear mana vials, when you're doing it 5 at a time? This would not be a game breaking change. I'm not asking for 100 at a time. Even 20 like the metals would be a massive quality of life improvement.
    Ssdar, Aanuvane, Scila and 10 others like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is a mass clay, it is a level 8 spell and sold on the chanter vendor in the library in Plane of Knowledge.

Gems being able to be massed would be great help.
  3. Diptera Augur

That's only Mass Enchant Clay though - what op is asking is for a Greater Mass Enchant Clay
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

You can do gems 5 at a time. Just like the clay. I'm looking to get a greater mass - which does 20.
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I sent a PM to Ngreth about this - hopefully we'll get some word one way or another... eventually. Even if it has to wait til after expansion launch, just knowing one way or the other would be good.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You might want to copy Aristo and Dzarn into that. Aristo does spells while Dzarn does AA.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I concede the point.
    But, yes, as implied here, priorities! It has not made it to the top of the list.
  8. Lockdown Elder

Thank you for conceding the point. But regarding the need for it to make the top of the list, I have to ask, is it really that difficult? How many Devs and how long would it take to make these Greater Mass Enchants a reality?

No, I am not a Dev and I don't know what's involved in programming this clunky outdated game, but this sounds like a simple copy and paste job with minor edits to me. Can the excuses, please, and make it happen. You've already had years to fix this.
  9. Barbwarrior Augur

All they can do now is copy / paste :p
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

i dont make ornamentations anymore but enchanting clay was boring and long and agree for a mass enchant would be great.

Andarriel
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

2 dev, me and a peer tester, QA time. About... 4 hours me, not sure QA and peer tester, probably a notable fraction of an hour.

And probably more than that 4 hours because of research. "Clay" and "Imbue" gems, "etc" is a very incomplete information for what I need to complete the task. Exact item names and EQ items numbers (Alkazam does not give EQ numbers, but numbers internal to it's database)

I've already been working overtime for the last two months. I don't have 4 hours to fit in. AND there are other things I also haven't gotten to that are higher priority than this.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

AND your poor wife has been battling (and winning) against cancer.. so you have levels of stress beyond just overtime .. HUGS the Gentle Ogre..
    Skuz, Grove, Dibab and 2 others like this.
  13. Fian Augur

Imbued gems aren't used in that many recipes, so I don't know that it is worth the effort to do a greater mass enchantment for them. I assume that the requestor is trying to do it for skilling reason, but there are plenty of other options to skill than just imbuing gems. Would definitely love greater mass enchantment of clay and mana vials.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

This is interesting to read, just for the numbers.
    Thank you for continuing to provide insight like this.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Ssdar and Yinla like this.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

is this one of the ones made into an AA? (My time estimate assumed it was.)
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

JChan, give this ogre a raise!
    IblisTheMage and Metanis like this.
  18. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i do not believe so. as far as i know, its old school spell style only.
    not sure if that means more or less work for you.
    Ssdar likes this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Less work.

How was the spell acquired. Crafted or merchant?
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

The spell, Mass Enchant Clay is for sale on two vendors:
    POK: Illusionist Jerup
    Commonlands: Palik Agrolm
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.