Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

The problem is people are absurd and think the game should be able to apply magic and know what window setting a newly created filter should be using.

People, if you want newly created filters to go to a specific window, do this:

Set your "main" window to be a window or tab that you will not read. Move EVERYTHING to that window or tab.

For the chat filters you do want to see in other specific windows or tab, set those.

Now in the future, when they do us all a favor and add new chat filters, know that by default, they will always go to what is effectively your "spam" window.

Alternatively, you can also read the patch notes like a regular person, and understand that when new chat filters are added, you can just simply set where you want those filters to go.
    SteamFox and Szilent like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you could actually turn them off and they stay off it would be helpful!

I logged in prior to Sundays raid and got my filters set. Sunday I lagged out and EQ was unplayable as those settings did not save.

Had they been set to hide by default the game would have been playable.

I've had main as my spam window for years. That wasn't the issue.
  3. Iuwene Augur

Redirecting unwanted spam to hidden tabs does not solve the problem, that the spam is still generated and logged. Server-client traffic stays the same, Gina is slow to redpond.

There must be an option to prevent unwanted messages to be generated at all. You all complain about lag. This is one easy solution to reduce it.
    Metanis, Yinla and Windance like this.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I think you're vastly overestimating people that want to see other players damage numbers. It's not a common thing to get the combat spam in your text window.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It's terrible. It took me too long to figure out that the Melee and Spell filters had additional sub-menu items that weren't being applied when selecting All.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

Simple create a dps meter.
    Who cares someone did 5 attacks 1 for 10500 2nd one is 45000 3rd one is .... Every 3 seconds.

Simple dps meter, just show much damage they outputting, not every single attack.

I agree.

Every MMORPG, have to manually install a dps meter.

Everyone already sees your damage, they gonna see it better with dps meter.
    If everyone is doing it, just do it, as in make a dps meter. Quit making excuses.
    Simple, its already done, the game logs everything, instead of making 5000 entries make 1 per person, dps.

Game needs log levels, SIMPLIFIED level, shows dps
    NOT AS SIMPLIFIED, shows you did 5 attacks for a total of 2.2M this round you dodged 2 times parried once and took 2 hits for 285k.
    RAW shows everything of whats going on that happened.

1 liner, dps, heals, whatever else they did. 1 line. Could be its own UI. Could be placed in the group UI window.
    Group UI window can be a lot better.
    This game right now is toooooooooo toooooooooo chat menu text focused.

I dislike the DS chat text too, show how much they did to me, and how much they took from DS in 1, don't just say, hit your thorns for x damage. How much it did hurt me??? You took x damage and they took x damage from your thorns, simple. Simple. Simple.
    Common sense.