[Feedback] Merc Toggle From Last Patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cragzop, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So ... not sure if the developers/coders/etc. realize this, but on the last patch that hit Live...

...every single merc in existence had its stance changed from Passive to an active stance ... or vice versa. This was whether the merc was unsuspended or suspended. There are several threads in bugs and other forums where folks are wondering why their merc has changed as examples.

Now as bugs go, this isn't big as you just need to change the merc's stance once unsuspended.

But it is kinda a big deal as well because ... you changed the stance of every merc in the game without warning. EQ players are creatures of habit and ... I bet there are 100s of deaths and lots of upkeep plat gone that probably should not have happened.

So ... was wondering if we could get a (a) confirmation that someone on the team realizes this (b) an explanation and (c) a sticky note on someone's monitor to make sure it doesn't happen again without a warning?
    cadres, Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, yeah, I came within a few dozen plat of losing my merc on one char :)
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

Heh was cussing the lazy healer merc the other morning. Almost got me!
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I noticed that my Passive mercs were charging me money and then checked their stances and saw they had been changed.

I assume this was unintended or else there should have been a line in the patch notes.
    Fenthen and cadres like this.
  5. cadres Augur

Exactly this!
    (I'd watched for healers unexpectedly being set to passive, people had talked about that, it was shock that all the dps had been set to active - and were costing me loads)
    Should this thread be in bug reports?
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Right, and this is why they need to be investigating post mortems on "unintentional stuff" that continually happens. I understand there's probably a lot of new devs-in-training trying to learn code that was potentially created before they were alive, but there is seemingly zero quality control checks going on at the same time.
    cadres likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Same.