Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Spiritwarrior, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Spiritwarrior Monk - KoSB - Bertox

Live servers need a way to remove PVP tag when a player has done the quest from the Priest of Discord. The description is severely lacking and many inexperienced or new players, and even some veteran players will make the mistake of doing this quest. The quest does not explain that the change is permanent, nor does it explain that as a PVP player you will not be able to receive buffs or be healed by NON-PVP players. It would be extremely uncommon to find PVP players on Live servers. IMO it would be best to actually remove this quest completely from Live Servers.
    Jumbur and Fanra like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Is this a problem on live servers? While it has been a while since I last heard of this issue in the past it could be fixed by a petition
    Nennius likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. Spiritwarrior Monk - KoSB - Bertox

and that is still severely lacking, when I had done this 'way back when' I had no clue what this meant. There is no explanation as to what becoming PVP means.
  5. Spiritwarrior Monk - KoSB - Bertox

Yes I have seen it happen to players quite often. They could at least remove the quest for Live Servers, I tend to see players make their toons a bazaar trader when this happens. Till they petition to remove the problem.
  6. Bernel Augur

Perhaps they could also change the quest. For something this impactful for the character, it's way too trivial to switch. There should be a long quest dialog where it's made clear what PvP means. For example, make the quest extensive with lots of back and forth like:

POD: Do you understand [this is a permanent change]?
    Soandso: Yes, I understand this is a permanent change.
    POD: Do you understand [this cannot be reversed]?
    Soandso: Yes, I understand this cannot be reversed.
    POD: Do you understand that you will not receive any [help from other players]?

At least this way the person would have a better understanding of what it means to switch to PvP.
    Spiritwarrior likes this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

No reason to remove something that old from the game. Just put a Priest of Harmony in the PoK that changes them back.

Update the the Priest of Discord information to include a request to kill the Priest of Harmony in the PoK. You can not actually do this of course. When you talk to the Priest of Harmony, he tells you that you have lost your way, and offers to help you find it. Then it removes the PvP flag.
    Jumbur, Skuz, Andarriel and 4 others like this.
  8. DeadRagarr Augur

They should just get rid of the book upon start up and remove the quest. There is literally 0 reason it exists today. They got rid of quests before, I am sure they can do it again.
  9. Spiritwarrior Monk - KoSB - Bertox

Would also need
    POD: Do you understand you will be unable to receive buffs or heals from NON-PVP characters including mercenaries?

But since PVP isn't used anymore on Live servers and they now have PVP servers there is really no real reason to have the quest anymore.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  10. Treage_Imminent Elder

Just a note, PVP servers were included at launch. I had to do a quick search to make sure my memory was correct though. :)
  11. Zarkdon Augur

Do they still give out the books? I haven't been to a PoD in forever.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, and they even put a POD in the guild lobby years ago. So we don't have to go searching for that on up top of the library area. The lobby one is off in a corner on the way down to the neighborhood
  13. Laronk Augur

It just needs to be reversable
    Spiritwarrior likes this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

New players? Where, pray tell, are you finding these mystical beasts? :p
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Wow. Did someone just redflag at 120?
    Nennius and CatsPaws like this.