(Feedback) EoK - Dungeons, high mob density, few safe camp spots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phoebes, Dec 12, 2016.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

You have become better at a skill (Diapers).
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am willing to accept that maybe I have just been very unlucky in finding spots. I will check some more to see if I can find areas to afk since you say they aren't hard to find.

Appreciate your response and offering your opinion.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL. How is being occasionally able to afk due to RL concerns making the game easy? And I didn't actually say afk for an extended period at any point. I said it would be nice to afk when needed and not to a timetable of see invis spawns. At least that is what I do set a timer each time I kill them so I know when they will come back.

What I would really like to know is why is it so important for people NOT TO BE ABLE to afk at the spurt of a moment regardless of when your pathing see invis will spawn.

How does it ruin the game for you? Does it make fights harder in anyway?

Or make it harder to break a camp or take down named?

Even if Cicelee wants to call me a problem they at least offered up something saying they have found lots of spots go go afk invis. I will do more searching and accept for the moment I have been very unlucky. Of course that is because I don't have a knee jerk reaction to things like this. I am willing to hear out other view and that is why I post. It is just that most of the time all I get is some snide remark or insult instead of any facts to support the person's position. Its getting a bit irritating to be honest. :)
    Helena likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I just feel that the game is easy as it is. When a dungeon comes along and presents some glimmer of challenge, there are those opposed to the glimmer and want things made easy. And for those of us who want to be challenged, we oppose those who want to take a zone or two with a glimmer of challenge and dumb it down to eliminate said glimmer.

If you think trying to find a AFK spot away from roaming spiders in Droga is hard, I cannot wait to hear your view points on Kor Sha laboratory with see invis trash that randomly spawns anywhere at any time and roams about for a bit before despawning...
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Strangely enough my limited time camping in Kor Sha hasn't been a problem. Guess I am much luckier there then I am in Droga. I haven't come across any random spawners yet either. If they are spawning at random times rather then a schedule that would seem to indicate Daybreak intends that to happen and is doing it on purpose though. Non timer see invis respawns would make the game more challenging from a not being able to afk with any certainty though. Personally if that is the case I hope it is not a trend for obvious reasons :)

How is being able to afk when needed dumbing down the game though? That is the part I don't get. All it does means if you want to afk safely you need to time your mob and only go afk between its spawns.

I just find it funny.. I have no problems with mob densities, no problem with spawn rates, no problems with see invis on the way to camps. No problems with wanderers going through camps at all really. But one small thing, being able to afk when I need to and not to a schedule seems to really freak some of you out. Still don't get that.

And though it doesn't affect all players I do run a guild. Sometimes I need to stop an talk to folks and for me it would be nice to be able to do it by just invissing and dealing with it. I prefer not pushing it off on my officers because I have see invis pathers. Now that is not a reason to change the game very few people are guild leader of large guilds. But for me it is another reason I would like the afk ability. That being said it is perfectly fine for you to say you don't want it. I am just being honest.
  6. Millianna Augur

There is plenty of content in the game were you can AFK to your heart's desire. Just because there is hand full of zones were you need a few active players play doesn't mean it needs to be changed. This is a MMO not a single player game.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wait this is an MMO? Those arent computer generated responses in General Chat? OMG!!!!! I SEE IT NOW I SEE THE LIGHT THIS IS AN MMO.

But now that I think of it running a guild for over 17 years in the game I guess I always had that feeling that I wasn't alone and there were other players.

And some of your fellow supporters in this are boxers so I guess they don't know its an MMO either. *shrugs*

And conversely just because a few active players want some camps to themselves doesn't mean it doesn't have to change. We can go round and round on this. It comes down to opinions there is no right or wrong. Daybreak will do whatever they decide to do next expansion. Sometimes tanks like me need to afk at inconvenient times. It happens.

And lets me honest its not like there is an overwhelming amount of content each expansion these days and it will become less and less as time goes by. Best not to limit it those who only have to afk on a timer. At least that is my feeling.
  8. Cicelee Augur

Have you ever been on a raid? Do you think half way through a raid you can just say "Hey all got to go poop, be back in 10"? This is not a game with a pause button. Which, honestly, you come across like you want a pause button at any time, wherever you go.

I do feel for you if you have medical issues that prevent you from playing long lengths of time. While I don't have medical issues like that per se, I do care for a baby in the daytime that does cause me to take somewhat frequent AFK's. That just means I cannot do a two hour long mission with three others, unless I let them know in advance. Maybe when you make your groups you should invite a second tank, so that when you need to go AFK another tank can fill in for you (ps- I think you are a paladin, that is why I said what I said just now).

Also you have mentioned several times about "just because a few active players want some camps to themselves". How does this correlate to AFK in Droga? Were you at a camp in Droga once, went AFK, then a group game in and took a named that spawned? Honestly having easy to find AFK spots in Droga (something you want) has nothing to do with players wanting a camp for themselves. Yet you seem to equate the two together as some sort of cause/effect. Maybe if I understood more why you feel these two are directly related I can understand your plight better...
  9. segap Augur

Apparently he believes we're being selfish for not wanting AFK friendly zones because it helps keep out the riffraff and gives us elitists zones all to ourselves.
  10. Millianna Augur

He just needs to step back and read what is being said. He is getting all worked up about a zone or two. In the grand scheme of things the percentage of zone that you cannot take an a decent size afk break is close to 0.
  11. kookoo Augur

droga got many * safe spots * , with now several class who can permanent group fixed invis, it's even easier . just have to know if a spider * might path close to there * ... only way I could die going afk there is if another player bring a see invis where I am ..
  12. Ybidzian New Member

For heaven's sake, what do you think enchanters and bards are for. Get one.
    Metanis likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Still have not heard an alternative explanation that makes any sense. How does it ruin your fun if people can afk to go to their front door and get their pizza or afk to change a diaper or afk because their significant other needs to talk to them.

How does it change the game for you if wanderers go through camps but none of them see invis? What in that ruins the fun?
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So with the raid thing you are back to outrageous statements. Having people constantly afk during a raid affects the raid quite a bit. How does a group going afk for a few minutes during the pathing of a see invis effect anyone?

And as for the someone taking your camp thing again another silly thing. How would I have had someone take my camp while afk when I am saying I can't go afk? LOL. Again you say something to try and make me look bad that has no basis in fact. You got so caught up in trying to insult me you didn't think that through. The times I have been in Droga there have been very few people there. I have never seen it crowded. But again I don't go there a lot because of the afk thing. Does it every get so packed that you don't want people sitting afk somewhere for 5 minutes?

And what I actually mean is that the only good reason I can see for objecting is that it means fewer groups will be at those camps leaving them open for those who are fine with afk only on a timer. I mention the timer a lot because that is what I do atm if I do Droga. I set the timer each time the see invis mob is killed and try and fit any afk in between it. And yes I don't do those camps when I can't depend on afking that way.

I just don't understand this resistance to being able to afk. It just makes the game a bit more relaxing knowing you or anyone in your group can go afk whenever. I am not trying to make the game easy. I do realize that if there is no see invis you can also afk more then a few minutes like you can in the rest of the game. Maybe you have wanted a camp only to find people afk at it and who came back an hour later and tried to claim the camp? I have come upon camps like that. I can start pulling and an hour later someone comes back from afk and tells me it is their camp. I usually stand my ground but if they get pissy about it I go elsewhere. Personally, I don't afk for long periods with a group and if boxing and I afk'd for a long period I would never ever dispute a camp. Now maybe THAT would be a good reason to not want camps AFK'able like most are.

I mean I guess it would be a valid point to say you think its fun to schedule afk breaks based on see invis pathing. I dunno maybe the suspense of having to afk regardless of a spawn schedule is exicting.

I get objections to my view because I have never believed everyone has to agree with me. It's the hostility and attempts to exagerate what I say or to give silly examples that I don't get. Eventually I do respond sarcastically to those comments so fuel to the fire and all.

Interesting discussion.
    Helena likes this.
  15. gotwar Gotcharms

Corwyhn, you are making an argument against a problem that doesn't exist.

"Camp Spots" are usually not set up by developers. "Camps spots" are chosen by players because they are relatively safe pull locations to post up in. If your chosen "camp spot" sits right in the middle of a roamer, you're gonna have a bad time.

There are 0 dungeons in EQ without "safe camp spots."

If you find yourself having trouble taking an AFK to go make a sandwich, you could just pick a better camp spot that doesn't have a see invis roamer. Spoiler alert, there are enough of these in Tier 2 dungeons that it's a non-issue. There are even spots in all 3 dungeons you can AFK without going invis and be perfectly safe.

Asking to remove see-invis roamers, or expecting the developers to plan their routes around your artificially chosen spots is totally ridiculous.
    IblisTheMage and segap like this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If tomorrow there were see invis clear areas near each named but still lots of them on the way to camps how would this ruin the fun for you?
  17. gotwar Gotcharms

There are see invis clear areas near each named.

/endthread.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

1) As per your last point. Never did that. Never said I "expected" devs do do anything. I have mentioned that I would like see invis free potential camp areas so anyone who needs to afk can do so witht worrying about see inivs. I have said I hope devs would take into consideration on future expansions that including see invis roamer free ares to be used as camps would be good. If they are already doing this and I haven't found those spots then great.

2) Per your first sentence. I have seen a problem BUT when Cic mentioned that they find spots to be able to afk I acknowledged I may have to scout around more.

3) Not sure what the quoted part about camps is. I have no problems with roamers at al unless they are see invis. Lots of dungeons have safe areas or areas with pathers and non see invis mobs. I have never said there are not other places I can camp either in a group or boxing that won't allow me to afk as needed.

4) Not sure where you got the go make a sandwich thing from. I can easily make a sandwich by using a timer on the see invis after killing them. Though yeah I guess it would be nice to just afk and make the sandwich whenever. So I will give you that one. I wouldn't mind being able to make a sandwich anytime I feel like it not just on a timer.

5) So to recap when people have said that there are spots you can afk at I have said maybe I just haven't explored enough and need to look around more. So whenever I get back to Droga I will do so.

6) what I am trying to figure out now is how having areas near named be relatively clear of see invis pathers ruins every ones fun. (I am completely find with pathers that don't see invis). See invis getting to camps makes a lot of sense. Static see invis that have to be cleared to get to named makes sense. See invis roamers allowing no camps near named just make going afk harder that I dont like personally and dont expect devs to change but hope they will.

7) Plus trying to figure out why people have to exaggerate what I say to prove their points. :)
    Helena likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well not really. .Though you are the first to say there are see invis free camp areas near every named I have acknowledged that Cic said there are some areas you can at least afk at and that I need to check more if that is the case. So to be clear if there are see invis areas to camp ever named I will search those out.

Most of the posts I have made are in response to those who don't want see invis clear areas. And I have been trying to figure out why. The discussion has since passed whether there are such areas and changed into why some don't want such areas.

If there are areas all over as you say then the devs will read this and dismiss it. So no one needs to worry about the devs changing things.
  20. segap Augur

Perhaps not right smack next to the named, but near enough you can clear all PHs and trash to keep the area safely clear. You might encounter a wandering or static see-invis on your pull path.

You really need to spend more time exploring and less time complaining (and being afk). That last part being a joke and not an insult.

Wandering see-invis do make traversing your way around a bit more difficult. Can make it so that danger can lurk around any corner, up a ramp, through a door, etc. I think it's under done. You should need to be on your toes while moving about a dungeon. Camp spots are arbitrary things players make. They can differ based on group make up, capacity to kill x mobs per hour, observation of mob placement, etc. It's up to us to find where we want to plop down, not for the devs to create safe spaces.