(Feedback) EoK - Dungeons, high mob density, few safe camp spots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phoebes, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Cicelee Augur

No offense, but maybe Droga is just not the right zone for you to be in. There are plenty of other things to do in the game that fit your real life situations without the "risk" that you feel Droga presents to you.

Droga is fine as it is. It is challenging, but not too challenging. There is risk, but not insurmountable risk. Like I say, Droga isn't the zone for you. But it is for hundreds and hundreds of other lvl 105 players...
    Issk likes this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Because I look awesome in it. I think.
  3. Xinj Journeyman

Expansion sucks, I have not seen a chase loot drop yet... Worst Expansion Ever
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No offense but perhaps the zone just needs a small adjustment without changing difficulty level to make it afk friendly?

I understand that a change like this might means more droga camps are in use but that doesn't seem like a bad thing.

And I look at it this way. Anytime the issue comes up I will voice my opinion. No rants no threats to quit the game. Just express my opinion and the longer the thread stays up the more likely devs will view it and make whatever decisions they decide to make. Hopefully with the next expansion they will take my view into consideration as a quality of life thing Especially since EQ has an aging population. As such I am more then happy to politely continue this discusssion.
  5. kizant Augur

AFK friendly is a pretty hilarious concept. Got any other good ones? These forums aren't often very entertaining.
    gotwar likes this.
  6. segap Augur

Here's something to ponder. On one side, you have people asking that a zone or two be more challenging (I'd like them more so than current). Then on the other, you have people asking that every zone be made accessible to casual play. Who do you think is being more reasonable?
  7. Karthos Augur

Where is my EQ pause button?!
    kizant likes this.
  8. Millianna Augur

I have said some stupid things on this forum. I am sure there are others as well. But requesting a zone be "more afk friendly" has got to be the most idiotic statement I have ever heard.
  9. Ringarok New Member

If someone in your group can cast grp invis it is not difficult to find a spot to AFK safe from the roaming spiders. If you do not want to move then time the spider re-spawns and afk in between.

I've not had any issues when I've boxed in Droga or grouped with other players in taking a short AFK.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just asking for the zone to be more quality of life friendly without reducing difficulty. You disagree. Who is being more unreasonable? And lets remember you are the one who turned my occasional RL afks into afking half the time time to socialize or do chores :)
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And why is that? Why is asking that a zone can allow people to sometimes go afk when needed without reducing the difficulty of the zone a problem?

What would be stupid is attacking someone for a different opinion. What is idiotic is insulting someone for what is really a very minor request.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually that was what I did have problems with finding an afk spot. And so far the only reason for not making a change like this seems to be that it would make recovering from a wipe too easy..

And as I have said a few times. Maybe it would take too much Dev time. I would be happy if they took it into account in the future.

I don't see why having areas clear of see invis mobs so that people can afk when needed and not on schedule is a problem. The vast majority of comments here simply disagree with me, exaggerate what I am saying or insult me. I haven't seen more then one attempt to explain how it would ruin anyone's experience and the only thing that made any sense was it would add some difficulty getting back in game from a wipe or near wipe.

What is the problem people have about others being able to go afk when someone comes to the door or they have to bio break or a child needs attention etc? What is the good reason for people not being able to afk?

About all I can find is that people who have no RL interruptions want camps to themselves. *shrugs*
  13. lancelove Augur

This is why I sport a 'chanter! ;)
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I do appreciate the discussion with the exception of the insults. I think if the devs read things and see most of the objections have no facts behind them that it can only help my case. Maybe the next expansion will take into account quality of life things like being able to afk as needed.

I am not objecting to pathers going through areas that does an an extra challenge to things and as mentioned was probably to encourage crawling instead of camping in place. Dealing with possible adds during a fight does make things a bit more interesting.

I do apologize to those that think I am asking for a major change to EQ that will ruin the game for them though. My intention is not to destroy EQ by having camps allow AFKs as needed for those with RL concerns like family, medical conditions, various other interuptions. While I appreciate that your answer to stop playing Everquest or go to other camps I choose rather to politely indicate how I would like things to go.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Why? What is the problem with being able to go afk between fights as RL dictates? You find it hilarious that some people have enough of a RL that they may actually have to stop for a few minutes to do something? Well whatever floats your boat I guess. You have a right to be amused by whatever you wish I guess :)
  16. Coronay Augur

AFK friendly haha. are you trolling us now?
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think part of the reason the gap was closed between raid and group gear was to allow them to tune content to give raiders or high end groupers a better challenge. Not a great challenge for raid geared folks but better then it would be otherwise I think.

And some of those camps will encourage chanters and bards to be played which is a good thing too.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't mind mobs wandering through spots it is just that there always seems to be a see invis wandering through every spot in Droga. A bit less of that would be my preference but I know others object.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Here is the deal.

You are saying it is hard to find AFK spots in Droga. Myself and many many others are telling you there are spots. I have moved around Droga and have seen AFK groups at multiple camps. As a solo magician, I once had to AFK deep in Droga to change my baby's diaper. I did so with no problems (the diaper and finding the AFK spot).

The problem is not Droga. The problem is............
    segap, Sancus and Coronay like this.
  20. kizant Augur

If you don't have time to play then don't play. If you want to AFK for an extended period of time while staying at some some camp spot then use the /camp command and come back later. You're just being lazy and asking for devs to make an easy game even easier just suit your own needs.