(Feedback) EoK - Dungeons, high mob density, few safe camp spots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phoebes, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Tucoh Augur

Key to success in EQ grouping right now is a good tank. I can pretty much grab any collection of DPS / healers (or use healer mercs) and do well in Droga as an EoK group geared warrior.

You can do well in EoK group content with a lot of makeups, but you definitely don't need raid geared players if you have an EoK group geared tank.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I think it's intended for roaming only in that there's no carved out areas to camp. I think most people camp in one place and just eat the 2 spawns/wanderers that roll across their camp every so often.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Makes sense. I don't have problems with roamers my only issue is I have to do other content if I can't afk on schedule since I am either boxing or the tank in a group.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I can totally get behind having some content more difficult then other content folks.

I just am not sure how having some content doable only by those that don't have real life concerns that make going afk on schedule is harder is a good thing.

My suggestion for the Devs is that for future content it should be easy to keep the difficulty up while allowing for a healthy real life when it comes to being able to afk without following a mob spawn schedule. Not sure why that offends some people other then they want to be rewarded for being able to only AFK based on a mob respawn rate. *shrugs*

As much as some may want to make it appear that the game will be ruined by simply creating zone systems that allow you to have spots to invis for unscheduled afks I don't see the problem.

Now I can get behind the argument that it shouldn't be done if it will take a lot of dev time to fix existing EOK zones. I think it is something that should be considered for future zones though. Lets face it the EQ population is getting older and we aren't going to see a major influx of any young people short of our own kids. I just don't see the sense in creating ANY content that requires afking on schedule.

Having a mix of difficulty levels I am totally behind that. Some named I can't seem to figure out yet boxed and only group them. No complaint there. Just let me afk spontaneously if needed and I am happy. BUT I don't expect Daybreak to do everything to make me happy just saying it would make me happy :).
  5. Finen Elder

I have a full time job and kids in diapers, yet I have no problem with Droga. If spontaneous AFK is something you need then maybe these online persistent MMORPG's aren't ideal for you? Maybe stick to games that can be paused.

When you play games that are multi-player in nature the idea that you can spontaneously walk away from the keyboard in hostile content without in game consequences is kind of silly.
    Hostile Meat Wizard likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL. Ummm no its not.. Not like it is PvP my friend. If you are the one taking care of the kids are you are putting them second to your see invis schedule that is a problem. I suspect you aren't the one doing all the diaper changes though and having a job affects things how?
    Or do you play EQ at work?

Why does someone asking to be able to afk without being stuck to a see invis schedule bother you so much? It's not changing the difficulty of camps just the ability to walk away from them when needed. Why is that such a terrible thing?

Of course I suspect Daybreak wouldn't be telling people to go play other games. Pretty sure that where they can they try to make the game as inclusive as possible while providing content of varied difficulty levels. I am not asking for the game to be made easier just a bit more convenient.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So other then some people don't want it for unstated reasons, OTHER THAN it taking some Dev time what would be so terrible about not having see invis pathers going through camp areas? Keeping in mind pathers would still go through the areas just not see invis ones. How will this decrease the difficulty of running the camps other allowing people to sometimes invis and to afk when needed?

It doesn't change the camp difficulty other then letting people go afk when needed as opposed to on a schedule. I mean where does this afk hate come from? Other then some people can exclusively camp names if their RL doesnt require them to afk except on a see invis scehdule. But I get that.. some people want less competition on camps etc so anything that keeps some others from camping them is a good thing to those folks. If thats it cool just say so... really interested to know if there are other reasons though.

I haven't seen T2 camping really that competitive lately myself.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Mercs are just fine. In fact I had a merc out dps a mage I invited to group not long ago. So mercs are already better than some players.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Depends on the mobs. In chardok and korsha at least the see invis seem to have a small aggro range. You can usually just avoid them. I havn't tested extensively since I prefer the safe bet of just kill em all but times I've tried it seemed to work.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Bring better dps, and the tank never has to tank multiples at once.

Even though it's not hard to tank 2-3 of the mobs, the only reason to tank more than 1 is bad/lazy dps.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I think it was mostly that player being absolutely terrible. If you're any dps class, you should be able to sleep your way past merc parses.
    Cicelee, Sindaiann and Sancus like this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

It was. But after the mission I had them talk to some of our other mages and they improved alot. Some players won't take that advice though.

How good do we want to make mercs? They already (in the past when they were better) chased alot of casual tanks/healers out of the game.

Now that mercs aren't so powerful compared to us some of those tanks/healers are playing again, and learning to play better since they're getting a chance to try.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

May I remind you all :):

In the old days, hard places required timing and attention from the entire group, if one had to biobreak. You would have to know the respawn cycles, you would time it, and everyone in the group would need to be on their toes, and maybe, just maybe, the group would surive a biobreak.

If boxers (like me) can't survive a biobreak in Droga, then don't box and biobreak in Droga.

*Puts on his old grumpy man hat on*
  14. Finen Elder

I am a responsible adult, I always put my children and their welfare first. If I need to for some reason afk while playing, I just get up and leave. I accept the in game consequences, because it's just a game. The worst that will ever happen is I have to summon corpse to lobby, res and run back. It is very telling that you automatically assume people will put the game ahead of their kids and other responsibilities, projection much? It is entirely possible to have an adult life, with adult responsibilities like a job and children and still enjoy a zone like Droga.

Yes, removing see invis roamers would impact the difficulty of the dungeon and make Droga more like every other zone in the expansion. See invis requires you to pay greater attention to your movements, roaming see invis adds an extra layer to that because you don't necessarily know when you will run into trouble and adapt to a new situation. Especially in Droga, where not every roamer will necessarily spawn a spider everytime. There are a significant number of people who find this level of challenge enjoyable and they cannot get it from other zones in the expansion. You on the other hand have a wide selection of zones in this expansion that can accommodate your particular afk needs, go use those zones. Suggesting this game isn't inclusive of your frequent afk playstyle because of one zone is laughable and absurd on it's face.
  15. Coronay Augur

Droga is fine. Can you imagine what this guy would be complaining about if he wanted to play in Veeshans Peak back in the day? :rolleyes:
  16. gotwar Gotcharms

There are safe camp spots (even without perma invis) in Droga, Chardok, and Kor-Sha Lab. They are more difficult zones, but they are meant to be.

I don't see the problem o_O
    Sindaiann and Coronay like this.
  17. segap Augur

Before bed time, I spend time with my kids, not playing EQ. I schedule my game play around their schedule, rather than half paying attention to them. I also know when I can be more dedicated to playing versus not and choose what I do in game based on my capacity to dedicate my attention.

See-invis roamers do present a couple challenges you're missing. It makes it less trivial to just bypass a few static see-invis and have free reign otherwise. Makes you pay attention to the mobs as you traverse. It makes you time your med and recovery times. Makes recovering after wipes or near wipes less trivial.

Seems the word "inclusive" and "fair" these days means to target everything at the lowest common denominator. I'd rather have variety then to make everything accessible to everyone. Give people choices. Don't take something away because someone might feel excluded. You in effect exclude the people that prefer the greater challenge.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Why?
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL changing the pathing of a few see invis isnt lowest common denomiator. You always exagerate your points Segap.

Not sure about you but I have no problems with med times at all when I dont have to afk from my camp at all.

And you can keep roaming see invis just allow a few clear areas to camp.

And how often do you wipe or near wipe doing the content? So far wipe recovery seems to be the only arrow in your quiver. And its not a big one.
  20. Vdidar Augur

You guys don't just pull the whole rims in droga and tank them?