(Feedback) EoK - Dungeons, high mob density, few safe camp spots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phoebes, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Bard_Bard Journeyman

I agree Hiaddar, mercs are way under tuned for current content and need a increase. They are outdated 2 expansions.
    Perplexed likes this.
  2. Dulce New Member

Static camps, particularly in dungeons, were always our favorite part of the game. They are the most social experience in MMOs ever. We were really excited to hear about real dungeons being released, especially based in Kunark. But the point is valid - too many wandering mobs pathing through otherwise safe spots spoils it for me. Very disappointed.
  3. Intenso Augur

ive been jumped by dervishes mobs from the vault at Ralla Merow`shu while i was doing them quest remember thinking wtf are Baubles of Atrebe for then when i found out later like wtf how did that mob get there
  4. Finen Elder

Droga was never designed as a dungeon with camps. It was always a crawl. The new Droga is fantastic, and faithful to the original. It is my favorite zone to solo in (it was one of my favorite sub 60 zones in RoK), it's where I burn my lesson. I love everything about it, even the spin stun, which can be resisted. No, I don't have raid gear.

The developers did a fantastic job with modernizing Droga, hopefully we will see more faithful zone updates like Droga in the future from Daybreak. Early EQ has some amazingly well designed dungeons that need to make a come back.

If you are struggling with Droga, abandon the idea of camping a 'safe spot', plan a patrol route that takes you through a section of the dungeon, clearing the PH's for a couple mobs. Plan ahead for adds and runners, everyone that can mez/pacify/atone/root/snare should have it memorized. If you need a break invis up, only spiders see through it, and they are rather rare.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Dulce New Member

Droga is usually devoid of players, often while there is over 100 people in the zone outside it. Tells you everything you need to know about whether Droga is a job well done.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Droga itself is well done, but its ZEM is a little too low relative to FM to encourage people who need AAs and not loot to go into it. It's much more lucrative to farm areas in FM.
  7. kizant Augur

EoK seems to have something for everyone. I don't see a problem.
  8. Finen Elder

Simply not true. On Cazic Droga frequently has 10-15 people in it as a minimum. It's not crowded like the more open, easier zones but that is to be expected. If you don't like the kind of play experience that Droga presents that's fine, don't try to get it ruined the people who do though. There are some great zones for static camping in EoK.
  9. Devilsinthedetail New Member

Nothing wrong with the design of Droga! It's a great place to hunt. There have always been those who didn't like dungeon risk that's no reason to tone it down. It's very huntable just not very friendly to going afk in. As for safe spots I've found plenty you just have to watch were the wanders go. If you think it's too hard go to one of the other dungeons don't ask them to make Droga easier to accommodate you.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I'd like Droga a lot more if the goblins didn't have spin stun. It's not as annoying as the spider web, but it doesn't really add to the difficulty either.
    Xanathol and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Lilura Augur

I dont mind the density. That's what an enchanter is for. But the respawn timers are ridonkulous.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Overall the T2 zones aren't bad though I wouldn't mind fewer invis roamers. Its fine T2 zones are harder and a bit more difficult to get to etc but sometimes RL just requires afks for answering doors, phones, bio breaks (not sure of the average Dev age but I take a lot more Bio breaks then I did when younger). Being able to invis everyone and answer the needs of RL would be nice. I would rather have the see invis mobs more prevalent in the entry areas but less so around the camps. Some will disagree and that is ok it is a game and we all have our own preferences. :)
  13. segap Augur

If your schedule dictates interruptions of that sort, pick a different zone. The game should have choices and not tune every zone around people half playing, half doing chores/socializing.

Chardok has lots of safe places you can afk. Droga you just need to either make sure you're not near a pathing spider or to kill the spider before going afk. There are even (small) spots you can tuck yourself without invis and go afk. Lab has empty halls all over the place. Most of the roamers that go down them don't see invis.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The problem with small spots is they can be hard to find in the first place. AInteresting you change what I said to minimize my opinion. Answering the door when someone comes by, bio breaks and other RL interuptions get changed to half playing and half doing chores.... interesting.

Having see invis in areas leading to camps is a difficulty issue. You need to get around them or fight through them. Once you are at a camp and set up they are more an inconvenience then anything else.

What you are actually saying is these areas should be left to people who can dedicate non stop playing. Not sure what that is such a big deal. The zones aren't full. But I get it you don't have RL situations that make it a bit more difficult to deal with see invis so you don't want to share.

Tight mob groupings, fast respawns, navigating through or around see invis... that all makes sense from an added difficulty level. Just suggesting that less see invis in actual camp areas might be a quality of life improvement for those of us who have RL interuptions, I don't see it robbing anyone of challenging game play.

Perhaps you can explain why see invis roamers though a camp increase the difficulty level if you are running the camp. Do see invis mobs make it harder to deal with adds? Harder to kill mobs? Harder to break camps? No..

And you are right I am forced to find alternate places to camp if I feel RL is going to interupt too much. I would rather not have to do that and just suggest that things could be changed a bit to allow that with no reduction in zone difficulty it would only be a reduction in zone inconvenience.

P.S.
    Actually I lied and will mention this to be fair.There is one thing that makes game play more difficult. Had to really really hit the bathroom regardless of see invis (meds) and came back dead. Several more deaths trying to campfire back in and get ressed.. So yeah I guess if you happen to wipe see invis add that extra bit of challenge. And although I don't think Daybreak is required to change things when I have unavoidable and sudden RL issues like bio break it would be nice if they did. And yes I know you feel otherwise.
  15. Finen Elder

The issue of see invis in Droga is way over blown. They are typically few and far between.

If you are going to be afk for a prolonged period of time and don't want to risk dying log out.
    IblisTheMage and Bigstomp like this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I did that once. Logging in and getting killed before you are logged all the way in is not fun. Most camps seem to have see invis pathing through them not a biggie to leave small areas clear of them. As mentioned doesn't really affect difficulty at all just convenience.

And if its not a big deal then why worry someone would like to see camps see invis free? *shrugs* Just because some people have more involved RL with kids etc doesn't mean they are bad players. See invis on the way to camps is a challenge see invis going through the camps simply means people are forced to schedule their AFK time. To me that is a quality of life issue not a difficulty issue.

And lets be clear this is not something I am demanding or saying Daybreak HAS TO do. .Just something I would like to see. If they can easily modify pathing to create see invis clear areas for camps that would be great. If not thats fine too.

But if you are going to speak against that whats your rationale. Short of daybreak not having time to do it not sure what the problem is. It makes camps more convenient but if you still have non see invis pathers going through camps it doesn't change the difficulty of camps at all.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It would be nice if merc gear and merc AAs made a meaningful impact. Give their gear the kind of stat inflation players got with EoK. Mercs are really in a poor state right now.
  18. Finen Elder

It's not a big deal, therefore it's not worth the resources to change. You are blowing a small but necessary element way out of proportion. Roaming see invis are only a problem if you sit your in one spot in the zone and camp. Droga was designed to counter camping, roaming see invis serve that design goal, so it's working as intended. If you can't crawl, go to any other zone in the expansion and camp away.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

I do fine both on my warrior (raid geared), or my casual cleric with a casual geared tank. I use the term casual vs raid, since there are many open/casual raids on servers so many people are in a mix of old raid/current group gear.

Filling a group is pretty easy: /gu need help with X
    Wait 3 mins. Move out.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Don't recall blowing anything out of proportion? Please explain that.

And I dont see how Droga is designed for roaming? Other then not being able afk except on a see invis schedule I don't have a problem camping a ph from one spot. *shrugs* I guess it isn't working as intended if that is the way it is designed.