Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MacArthurIV, Apr 26, 2019.

1. MacArthurIV New Member

GM Woebot asked me to post feedback on the forums. Hopefully this is the right spot.

On the Mangler server, I came across a toon that was robotically camping Hadden. I would name him but I think we're not allowed to do that here. Even after he killed Hadden, he was chain nuking the corpse until it finally poofed. It couldn't be more obvious. I reported and petitioned. The same-day response to my petition gives me hope as I remember a time when it would take a week to get a response.

Feedback: Please give real, traditional players a chance to enjoy EverQuest without needing to deal with bot armies and AFK campers.

1. Add a limit of two simultaneous characters per public IP.

2. Add counter measures to AFK farming. I understand that some people may legitimately be pounding keys trying to be first at doing something. But I think it would be reasonable to detect repeated spam actions and after a certain amount of time, issue a challenge pop up (something complex enough to prevent them from scripting it). If the user completes the challenge, the timer resets. If the user fails the challenge, he gets logged off. I wouldn't think it would be all that hard to do. Surely you can see if a character is sending the same command a million times over in a short time period. /target Hadden /pet attack /cast 1 etc.

There isn't a good enough reason to allow a small number of players to ruin content for all the rest. This has been an ongoing problem for years.... let's get it resolved!
    Laynie likes this.
  2. Nifty Slacker Augur

I think everyone can agree that this is a problem, but implementing a solution may be harder, and more expensive, than you think.
    Barton likes this.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Not fixing it is likely going to kill the game unfortunately.
  4. code-zero Augur

This has been going on with the TLP servers ever since Ragefire opened and it didn't kill the game. In fact things are way better nowadays though you probably couldn't guess is from the posts in the forums
  5. Legolit New Member

The issue I have with your statement is that I don't believe you can continue to cast or melee attack a corpse.

DBG knows where the illegal gameplay and third party software is being used. It comes down to DBG being enablers to these people that take the fun out of the game for hundreds so the few can get their meth...
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No!

I play with my other half and am getting my daughter interested in playing, a limit of 2 would mean the 3 of us cannot play together. I know of other families who play together.

I have no problem with people boxing and playing properly, its the botting software they need to sort out, not punish those who play legitimately.
    Spellfire likes this.