Feedback - Adjustable Bag Slots

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by binamar, Apr 11, 2021.

1. binamar New Member

I think a great improvement on the current game would be to include adjustable bag sizes in the form of bag slots being adjustable.

In order to clarify my meaning, I know that bags can currently be adjusted - what I would call reshaped - but those adjustments simply change how the slots are allocated and not the size of the slots or the bag itself.

What I'm asking for would be analogous to the current options on hotkey bars: hotkey bars can not just be adjusted by shape, the individual hotkey buttons can be made smaller with the "Change Size" option. I think it would be great if there was a "Change Size" option for bag slots - i.e. making the slots of a 40-slot bag smaller so that 40 slots could fit on one screen in only 2 horizontal columns.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You want the Devs to spend time working to reduce the number of bag slots available on screen?

Are you daft?
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

No, he's talking about scaling the visual size of the bag slots.
  4. Duder Augur

Custom UIs accomplish this don't they?
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Possibly, maybe? That doesn't help most people though, I got sick of custom UI's long ago. When I get a chance to play, I don't want to risk that getting derailed because I have to go screw with some XML to fix something an update broke.

No hate for the custom UI developers, I love what they do, and wish I could use their work. It just doesn't fit into my limited play schedule these days, even if the chance of it breaking is at most once a month.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Aanuvane Augur

After I saw this post, I did a little poking around on EQInterface and it doesn't look like too many people have messed with this extensively (especially lately) and there was some commentary added that messing with containers is particularly difficult....
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks for clarifying!
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Probably not possible with the current UI code, but definitely something the game could benefit from if the UI system ever gets overhauled - which it needs.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

EQUI_Container.xml
    Code:
        <InvSlot item="Container_Slot">
            <ScreenID>Container_Slot</ScreenID>
            <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
            <Size>
                <CX>30</CX>
                <CY>30</CY>
            </Size>
            <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background>
            <EQType>-1</EQType>
        </InvSlot>
    40 is the default size, mine is 30. 20 would be half and so on. keep the numbers the same to maintain a square.