February 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Mintalie Augur

Yes, yes, yes. :)
  2. sojero One hit wonder

Can this be elaborated upon if you have notes about it. Is it going to be in discs, a stance system, always active?

How much mitigation is being added?

I know we never get this, but maybe reasoning so that the other tank class doesn't feel left out?

Thanks for the nice notes, I like that communication style.
  3. Drexll Augur

So pets can hold aggro better now, but still can' tank for crap because of the mitigation nerf?

Roshen, plz explain.
  4. Cendharia Journeyman

That used to happen in Karnor's wizzies sat to med with a screen size book in their face, the only way you knew you were the target was when the group of pulled mobs came back to group was all of a sudden you were being hit, after hearing the patter of "little" feet. Everyone else thought it was hilarious, but danged frustrating for a wizzie trying to regain mana to be a useful member of the group. The good old days in Karnor's...back a few years ago.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed. I see a genuine effort to try to tweak and re-tweak the whole aggro thing to get it right.
    So yes... I'm please and encouraged. :)
    -Rat
  6. Rhaage Augur

While I also am glad to see the feedback and focus on key sticking points of recent updates I'm more impressed by the fairly significant change in timing, telling us about the change BEFORE the change is a much appreciated change in communication patterns.
    Caell, Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Honestly... they overshot with Defensive Proficiency. My guess is this will be a lesser DP for Knights.

Though IMHO DP should really be replaced with a purely passive mitigation AA - E.G. Phalanx of One and give it to all tanks. Ranks available to each class can be tweaked as needed. When implemented in this fashion it can apply to 2H and DW, rather than forcing weapon configuration to get something that should be inherent to class. Overcap shield AC is already sufficient reason to equip a shield.

In either case I'm a little curious to see why Underfoot is the line of demarcation for Knight mitigation, considering the Warrior proficiencies are CotF-locked.
    Sheex likes this.
  8. Buddhafist_Da_War New Member

After 13 years of playing EQ this would be my first post on the forums. Reading the forums for the last 13 years I have never really found a reason to post other than this upcoming "Fix". I appreciate what daybreak is doing to keep this epic game going but I am concerned about its development.
    This last expansion TBM has been widely joked about as The Broken Expansion its sad to say, but I would have to agree, a great concept but the mechanics are flawed. The Lore in my opinion was intriguing but completing the quests is torture if the instances crash or quest steps malfunction for the numerous reasons. Having to reset the instance after hours of nearly completing the quest can frustrate any class. Can the Gods (Devs) of EQ focus on the way this expansion is functioning rather than how the classes are unbalanced? For years people have been complaining about how unfair the nerfs have been, and for years that will continue, but what I believe everyone would agree on is how TBM is not functioning properly.
    Hopefully a God (Dev) will spot this post and give it some consideration to re-align the priorities these patches effect everyone as a whole, rather than selective complainers who's focus is what Devs can do for them, instead of what they can do for EQ in general. I post this on behalf of many others who are also 10+ year veterans that have also dealt with how frustrating the mechanics of TBM have malfunctioned. Thank you Gods (Devs) for reading this post and wish you all best of luck keeping our dreams alive.
    Caell and Metanis like this.
  9. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

In your itemization fixes, think you could possibly re-look at reverting Peacock Feather of the Lady proc back to Strike of Flames, with appropriate tank XI, instead of leaving the Vampiric change for some gods awful reason? Tried asking for that before the change went live, with some others agreeing, but didn't get anywhere.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Danille like this.
  10. Leifen Augur

Pallies also please as they are a knight just not the one being talked about here as you mention life taps.
  11. Aurmoon Augur

Very excited to hear about the knight mitigation boost. I've got a big smile on my face after reading the patch notes. I really hope it is passive though. I've got enough buttons to hit already to improve my mitigation capabilities.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

again, this has been fixed internally but will come with the next patch.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-644
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The gap before proficiencies were added was similarly too favorable for Knights, imo. And the gap after, I absolutely agree, was overshot to be too favorable to warriors.

Hopefully these changes find a happier middle ground.
  14. Felicite Augur

I was really enjoying Calm Demeanor, it is making aggro kiting as easy as landing a snare... I used to have to land multiple DoTs, wait, etc. OK, so I admit it's silly broken cause it's too easy to keep the pet from gaining aggro - but combined with this change:
    I am naturally concerned that changing hate mechanics relating to spells will affect my ability to aggro kite. Which will make me sad (again). I know it says "direct damage" but are DoT spells effected by these changes (and do the Dev's see Necromancers casting DoTs as 'classes who wanted the extra aggro')?
  15. beeroke New Member

Thanks for the fixes Roshen , any chance Raid weapons and Shields will get their
    particles applied?
  16. Usullx Lorekeeper

Over 10 years too late...
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not fixing all the broken HAs?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  18. Leex Pewpewer

I see you mention something about pet swings, don't lower the amount of swings a pet attempts please!

I know you meant you were going to increase the hate generated per swing, but it's you guys so..I'm just saying it out loud..No touchie the pet hit attempt stats! Unless of course you increase ;)..
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

There are no particles planned for raid weapons and shields from The Broken Mirror. This isn't a bug, but instead an intentional decision by the team.

Feedback is welcome on this! (but probably better to start a new thread on this topic if you want to discuss weapon/shield particles specifically).
  20. Roshen Brand Manager

No changes for hotzones are planned for the February patch.

We're aware that this is something that players have been asking for, and something they're excited about. The team is actively talking about what we can do with hotzones, but at this time there's nothing concrete to share yet.